SWTOR has "Failed" ~ Just looking for evidence.

Umbrex

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swtor story become another warhammer story. Exactly same story and the story is made by same people who's failed in warhammer. I see a trend here.

Enought whit dev bashing. Overall Bioware was not ready for a MMO, simple at that. swtor is a good single player game whit chat and possibility to group, but not a MMO.

So does the /who show every single person on that server?

As far as I know, it's only a /who of people within that specific area, as well as only your faction. So unless you've done a /who on every planet/zone and have done it for the opposite faction, your "feelings" on the matter isn't very conclusive.

It does but you probably will need to break it down by various level ranges since it maxes at 100.

*looks at server list*

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

standard

light

Yeah i don't see fail anywhere.

Can you tell me the precise number cap for each server, and whether or not they have been lowered or raised?

*looks at server list*

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

standard

light

You're looking at European servers. Now look at American servers and the majority shows standard, at least. Then wait a few more hours to ensure people are off work and try again.

Can you tell me the precise number cap for each server, and whether or not they have been lowered or raised?

Moreover, just for giggles since that was posted I headed over to

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

And just looked (As I'm away from home right now), and it's saying only 15 US servers are light..so..ya know..if you're going to use that for a basis I would say you need to organize top/bottom ingame? ;)

Yes.

Light is <500 people

Standard is 500 - 1000 people

Heavy is 1000-1500 people

Very heavy is 1500-2000 people

and full = 2000+

No one even knows what light, standard, heavy, and full mean, all the guessing is just more internet shenanigans.

For all we know standard could cover player populations from 500-5000.

We just don't know.

Population shrinking since launch is a good indicator.

I haven't really seen a population decrease that was significant on my server. I saw the server lists go from full to standard all the time but the amount of people showing in game in the zones are about the same. There's differences in how the Zones are clustered with newb zones not as dense as they were and later zones denser then they were. All that means is that server caps were upped and people leveled out of the new zones.

I think the game will contract down to between 500-700k subs and slowly grow back to 1 million by the end of the year.

*looks at server list*

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

light

standard

light

Server caps have been raised since release, to reduce/eliminate the queues we had back in December.

Evidence? Its everywhere? Play the game. Half the time I see people **** talkin the game in general chat. And a lot of servers already feel dead. Half the threads on this site are compliants. Can't tell you how many times I've read that people are unsubscribing. Feedback is all the proof needed, and there's wayyy more negative then postive hands down. Agree?

heh if you go by forum complainers every MMO ever is a failure including WoW. thats if you just go by the forums though, which any intelligent person wouldn't. according to WOWs forums that game has been failing for 7 years now

My favorite part is how the term 'Fanboy' is used so frequently, but they fail to recognize that for every negative thread, there are 50 'fanboy' responses opposing it.

1:50 is a pretty poor ratio for those who believe that "TITLING THIS THREAD MEANS: EVERYONE POSTS HERE AGREES WITH OP."

Yes.

Light is <500 people

and full = 2000+

I'm not nit-picking here but I would love to see where that came from.

Knowing what server pops are is a curiosity thing for me.

What? Yeah that doesn't make much since, what your saying. Of course there is going to be happy go lucky people who are happy with what they get, but I know our technological limits with gaming, and swtor doesn't come close. Its a lazy game. 4 classes, mirrord. No free roam. All human race with differnt color skin. Awful graphics. Ugly mounts. Small linear worlds. No bueno. And the star fox space fighter? Dont get me started. BRING BACK SWG

Evidence? Its everywhere? Play the game. Half the time I see people **** talkin the game in general chat. And a lot of servers already feel dead. Half the threads on this site are compliants. Can't tell you how many times I've read that people are unsubscribing. Feedback is all the proof needed, and there's wayyy more negative then postive hands down. Agree?

This type of "evidence" is simply nonsense. Don't believe me then look at any other MMO. Even during its height when wow had 12 million subs had its forums filled with complaints and general chat filled with trolls. Most intelligent people know to take such things with a grain of salt.

If you judge the performance of a game based off of forum post and people spamming general chat for attention then every MMO around is a "failure".

In reality the game is doing ok. Its not "failing" nor is it a smash hit. Its just doing alright. And that's how most sensible people expected it to do. This game is in no danger of being forced to go free to play anytime soon nor will it be close to wows sub level for the foreseeable future. Its only the fanboys and the haters who are delusional about this and make post exaggerating things to try and make it seem like their false points are somehow true.

Edited by LordIske

Yes.

Light is <500 people

and full = 2000+

If it's true, I'm stunned : server capacity is only 2k people??? in 2012??

MMO whit 2k people max??? Na... I can t believe it, just by doing simple math :

100 servers?

2k / server?

total : 200k players max? but 1 million ++ people played this game last month....

Edited by Tirrexx

What? Yeah that doesn't make much since, what your saying. Of course there is going to be happy go lucky people who are happy with what they get, but I know our technological limits with gaming, and swtor doesn't come close. Its a lazy game. 4 classes, mirrord. No free roam. All human race with differnt color skin. Awful graphics. Ugly mounts. Small linear worlds. No bueno. And the star fox space fighter? Dont get me started. BRING BACK SWG

This has no merit, as some of the highest selling games don't meet many criteria as a "standard" in it's field.

You say you know our technological limits with gaming, but I would wager that you don't know the first thing about writing code or even how to determine the value of a resistor. How can you say you know the limitations when it really appears like you don't.

Why are people saying its failing? Because it isn't. It's fun for some people to try and bring down a game with obvious potential of swtor, it makes them feel like they're doing something significant. If it wasn't flying, which it clearly is (great reviews, million subs at launch etc), it wouldn't be fun for them to try and make it fail. Why else spend time writing about a game you claim to hate?

I actually really enjoy these forums. The massive disconnect between the broken, unplayable game people talk about on here, and the actual game I enjoy playing every evening, is hilarious.