How will you implement the legacy system for your toons?

Bobbyrab

I've sorted most of mine in my head and develop the stories when I have to send mail between them :p (sadness ftw)

The Linkoh Legacy:

- Hahkil - Focus of story, Bounty Hunter, Dark Side, Human

- Relatives;

-- Timpohl - Brother to Hahkil, fire accident in which he had to turn part droid, the cybernetics affected him, making him opposed to all harm commited to other beings, much to the disappointment of his sister. He is also a Bounty Hunter, Light Side

-- Future Character - Miraluka, Half-brother to Hahkil, father side, bastard child aiming to make the empire better after his abandonment of the Republic (unknown reasons), Light Side, Sith Assassin

-- Fleck - Rattataki Half-brother to Hahkil, mother side, arrogant bastard child hoping to become better than everyone, but whilst killing and harming as little as needed, Light Side, Sniper

- Clan members, Following Hahkil's success, various families seeked her out to provide thanks and aid her when neccesary;

-- Pilahk - Pureblood Sith, Hahkil aided her father in an assassination, she has grown a close bond with Hahkil since then, but in witnessing her cruelty has decided that no-one deserves to suffer, Light Side, Marauder

-- Hooseh - Chiss, she was saved from her cruel mother thanks to Hahkil and a handful of credits, she pledged to help Hahkil in all her affairs, seeing her as a mother figure, and, in anger at her mother, wanted to see all enemies suffer, Dark Side, Operative

-- Khlon - Twi-lek, her slave master was killed by Hahkil and she provided Khlon the connections she needed to get into the Sith Academy, she now resents all authority following her slave master's reign and will kill any who stand in her way, Dark Side, Sorcerer

I am making a Mirialan Juggernaut if possible, but no idea how to fit him in as of yet :)

Ye, that's how I am linking them through the Legacy system ;) (stories go more in depth, but couldn't be bothered to type it all out :p)

Edited by Hahkil

I haven't finished working mine out yet but I see mine as all my alts came from the same orphanage on Balmorra, left after getting to legal age and are now following very different professions, some fell in with republic "visitors" or worked on freighters to get off world, one was captured as part of a resistance group and enslaved (cue SI storyline) and a couple were even noticed by a Jedi and brought into the order.

Most of my alts would recognise each other as they grew up together, but they usually have no idea what the other orphans are doing these days.

My main:

Darth Dria or Dria Tharan - Married to Andronikos ( Revel )

Alt's:

Haley [Tharan Legacy ] & Arikel [Tharan Legacy ] connected to Dria through Nar Shaddaa side thing ( Cult ), they were seen to be powerful enough to gain the possibility to show their power.

Poe The Outlaw [ Tharan Legacy ] Smuggler who is old buddy and friend of Andronikos has no idea that Andronikos is married to darth and is working now with Republic to stop Sith Empire.

I never liked to have characters related among themselves, either by family or other means, so I'm using the Legacy name as surname for the one character I want with that specific surname, while all the others will have the label "xxx Legacy" as an OOC information.

On my RP server, I will have two different families in my legacy.

My Main family, which will consist my my Smuggler, his brother and his half-brother, and eventually, a couple of adopted people. I currently have 2 toons who are not related to my Smuggler in any way, so they will not be involved in the Shaffer Legacy much at all.

I would just like to have a surname AND a Legacy. Some characters just need last names, but does that mean you shouldn't benefit from the Legacy System if you want those names to be different?

Even if you do not show the legacy surname, you still benefit from the system.

The Heartnet Legacy consists of all the characters in my signature

The Heartnet FAMILY consists of my main character, Darth Naeblis, who is the central figure in this family, his cousin Lord Demandred (one of my 2 Sith Warriors), and his other cousin, played my friend, Darth Genocidas, and his wife, played by my girlfriend, Darth Carma.

My second Sith Warrior is a family friend.

My Jedi Consular is the estranged/uninvolved mother of my Jedi Knight.

My Trooper is forever alone.

My Smuggler couldn't make it today on account of the 8 character limit, though she was also uninvolved with everyone else

Edited by Darth_Vicente

Even if you do not show the legacy surname, you still benefit from the system.

I realize that, but what I'm saying is that if I want two characters with two different surnames (for the purposes of role-playing or what ever the case may be) I can't do that on the same server. So, to make that happen I would be hindering my Legacy experience. (and by experience I mean enjoyment not leveling points, though both apply)

• 2 years later...

Still working out the gritty details but the basic gist will be two separate branches (for the two factions) of an Alderaanian (maybe Corellian) Noble House. One branch was exiled for working with the Empire, the other continued to support the Republic. All my character may not be "in" the House so to speak but affiliated in some way (business partner, servant family, etc.)

Glory to House Krades of Alderaan-or-Corellia (possibly another planet? I don't know)