The 40 Year and Older "Professionals" Guild

Master-Pappy

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, great to see you're trying to start your own guild - if that's what you choose to do I wish you the best of luck but there are a few existing guilds with an older target audience. I'm a member of one and in fact Luka Sene (EU) appears to have quite a few - might want to have a peak through the K-L Server forums for a suitable home.

Hi!

I've celebrated 16 anniversaries of my 29th birthday.

I'm currently gaming with some friends on Vornskyr (West) and Mind Trick (my main guild--East). I have some toons on Wound in the Force, but I don't really have the PvP bug. I live on the East coast area.

I prefer PvE or PvE-RP myself, and would enjoy leveling an alt with you all, and definitely doing a bit of RPing if we end up on an RP server. If you end up going with Mind Trick, I'll work on an alliance with Lotus Fleet.

Edited by JaeOnasi

Hi - this is great!

64 years old here on Darth Sion. I'm employed full time in social services and have been playing mmo's since Everquest (my wife and I don't own a TV - just a really fast internet connection ;).

*grin* My husband and I don't have television either. High speed internet is far more important. Last time I saw commercial TV, Captain Kirk was still piloting the Enterprise.

Since it seems there is at least reasonable interest in an older/mature guild, the OP should probably answer these questions:

1. What server will the guild be on?

2. Will it be a mostly PVE or PVP guild? (from reading both threads it looks more PVE inclined than PVP)

3. Will it be Republic or Imperial (or will their be two guilds, one for each faction)

4. The name seems fine to most (Older Republic) but what will be the general guild outlook (i.e. leveling and flashpoints with casual raiding and pvp.... or something else?)

It appears I along with lots of others would be willing to roll a new character for this guild as soon as we can have a consensus on the points above.;)

I would also offer that we (my GF and I, plus a mature freind) have considered starting just this type of guild on our server Darth Xedric. It'a a PVE server and we have mostly Republic toons and a couple Imps. We are on most nights, so if you'd be interested in rolling a toon on that server and helping us start this type of guild leave a post on this thread for me.:) BTW... I see no reason why we couldn't start two guilds with slightly different names for REP and IMP.:D

Edited by CyTrek

This is a great idea. I'm 73 and have 4 toons. I would join but I am in another guild with guildies from our wow guild. I'm so tired of the "children" who don't keep a civil mouth. My husband still plays wow. I do from time to time, but I loved the Star Wars movies so I just had to get Star Wars the old Republic.

Hey everyone!

This sounds awesome. I'm a 46 year old teacher in the east coast region. Would be thrilled to join such a guild.

Currently have only one character, a healer speced bounty hunter, on Lord Adraas. I do like building a roster of alts, so would be happy to roll new characters wherever. As to the server type, guess I'd have a preference for an RP server, but it's not a deal breaker. Would definitely hope for a guild with both republic and imperial branches, though.

Edited by FungiMuncher

I´d love to join! Would not mind starting fresh on whatever server that is chosen, nor does it matter whether republic or empire, although if pressed I must say I always opt for light side.

Being a keen gamer many decades back (Sinclair anyone?) I never realy caught this MMO bug, until know that is. Just love SWOTR and its scripting. Im 55 years old living in europe, currently building an imperial sniper lvl 17.

Cheers!:)

If you guys are really keen on joining a mature and friendly guild, you would love to know of these 2 guilds: Old Republic Dads and Old Timers Guild.

Heres the link to Old Republic Dads and Old Timers

I'm currently inside ORD and I can safely say that this is definitely one of the most helpful and mature community out there. None of those nerdrage trolling stuffs. OTG is fine too, i've grouped up with a few of them and they have all been very nice and friendly.

Whats the best part? Both guilds are located in "The Shadowlands" server. Most, if not all, of you would have to re-roll, but trust me, its worth it :)

P.S Old Republic Dads will be accepting applications from February 4th, 8AM PST onwards so be sure to apply!

Love this idea :) I'd gladly roll an alt

1. I'll be 40 in a few months. Does that qualify?

2. EU or US, PVE or RP preferred, any server. Will join a PVP server (in fact, due to friends, that's where I currently play), but I prefer a more laid back style.

Regarding faction... I have all Empire. Would love to play a good guy for a change of pace.

omg cant imagine how long to 50 and geaar up lol :eek:;);)

Hello ,

Ok I was the one that said i would help start the guild up ,we initially thought if we got some people from the same server then we would go with that ,but we are all spread out .

We have people on the thread from france ,I'am from uk and the majority from east ,west coast of America.

So we feel an east coast server would be the best .

Master papa has not replied to my most recent messages but there was an issue with my subscription so my posts might have been lost.I'am currently on 5 days free ,so I will just have to see what happens in 5 days.

But I'am keen to get things started because I dont want to spend time on characters that I wont play knowing I can be on a server with others of my age range .I didnt realise it but in my guild on wow I started to realise I may be playing with quite young people when our healer had to go brush his teeth and have a shower as we attempted a boss fight during a raid.I suspect others that had to go afk were not as truthful as this young lad.

Our Master erm papa ,asked me to pick an east coast server .

There is already a guild called stargeezers on "sith wyrm" they are a 30+ age admittance guild . On the thread we have "The older republic " as a popular guild name .

We will be pve and republic but the rest is up to us all to form friendships and find out which of us likes what and hopefully spend time with other like minded players .

I will start the guild with at least 3 people from this thread ,but as far as leadership I feel each member has an equal say in the way the guild functions just like it should operate in the real world .I personally just want this to happen ,so that I can enjoy the social aspect while not feeling like a parent .

If we can roll a character on sith wyrm ,republic .Then post your character name in the thread . We need at least 4 of us to lvl to 10 so that we can name a guild and sign the charter from there we can then put the information on the first page .

If people are open at some point to communicate via skype then we can share contact info via Pm or guild chat .

Hopefully we can compete with stargeezers for geriatric server first on boss kills lol.

I have contacted bioware to see if character transfers will become available or if we have to start our preferred main from scratch,as soon as I hear back I will post here.

I will get my char to level 10 and try and get our guild name picked then It will take you players to make it real.

Following up from the other thread, I am 53, Statistical Consultant in Medical Research and I have 4 characters in The Ebon Hawk: a Jedi Knight 22, a Smuggler 20, a Sith Inquisitor level 11 and a Bounty Hunter level 12, all unguilded.

I have no complaints about the community in The Ebon Hawk, but I would be willing to start somewhere else with like minded people like the posters in this thread. On the other hand, if there is already a Guild created with this goal and it is up and running I don't see a reason to "compete". As far as such Guild is willing to do the required tweaking so it fits the profile of the posters in this thread and not the oposite, we can gain from an infrastructure already in place. I don't PvP though (it is not too much of a stretch saying that indeed I'm even against it, but I respect personal choices in that regard)

I was 18 when the first Star Wars was released :D, and I remember that I went to watch it with a girl who I was dating back in the day. I was so inmersed in the story that she got angry with me when I didn't talk with her at any point during the entire movie :p

Edited by Daggerhowl