About repair bills.

Kakachan

I realy started to think that repair bills are too high and can be more challanging than boss fights sometimes. Recently, I noticed some people in our raids call to exit area or get agitated even after 1 person dies in operations (especially at Soa HM), and makes us lose focus and drop our succes rate. These people are mostly shows up at raid times and not login so often due to lack of content ingame and they can barely pay their repair bills. For example I paid 108k repair bill last night only at raid with my raiting 136-140 gear, they realy cant afford that bill, it is ridiculusly high. This kind of repair bill makes doing dailies mandatory or selling some purple items every day to be able to repair your gear, also this ruins echonomy in game, items dont sell well at auctionhouse becouse many people cant afford to buy them due to high repair bills, I puted some crafted columi pieces to AH for 300k (which is not realy high when you think about that you gain almost 150k from daily quests only but...) and they didnt sell since last 2 weeks becouse people cant afford. I realy started to think about it lately, it ruins your group experiance and echonomy in game, it need to be balanced. Please Bioware if you have some spare from fixing endless bugs ingame look at this matter too.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the degrade time on armor? % it falls when you die? Does tank/melee class armor have more durability then range?

Get out there and grind those mobs to get those creds.

Edit: How does it ruin the economy? The prices should be set to an area where they sell. If people are pricing things extremely high...well reduce the price. Things are not worth 300k if people are not paying 300k for it.

Edited by Phanatik

I realy started to think that repair bills are too high and can be more challanging than boss fights sometimes. Recently, I noticed some people in our raids call to exit area or get agitated even after 1 person dies in operations (especially at Soa HM), and makes us lose focus and drop our succes rate. These people are mostly shows up at raid times and not login so often due to lack of content ingame and they can barely pay their repair bills. For example I paid 108k repair bill last night only at raid with my raiting 136-140 gear, they realy cant afford that bill, it is ridiculusly high. This kind of repair bill makes doing dailies mandatory or selling some purple items every day to be able to repair your gear, also this ruins echonomy in game, items dont sell well at auctionhouse becouse many people cant afford to buy them due to high repair bills, I puted some crafted columi pieces to AH for 300k (which is not realy high when you think about that you gain almost 150k from daily quests only but...) and they didnt sell since last 2 weeks becouse people cant afford. I realy started to think about it lately, it ruins your group experiance and echonomy in game, it need to be balanced. Please Bioware if you have some spare from fixing endless bugs ingame look at this matter too.

So people selling items to pay for repair bills ruins the economy?

Credits are a bit hit and miss, they are easy to come by if you choose to make money, but if you just go through the game just on the credits you pick off of bodies and get as rewards then you will struggle at times as the costs of skills, crew skills and repairs are very high.

My advice on repairs, repair at every opportunity, there are plenty of them, and it helps spread the cost and its unlikely you'll ever take a huge repair hit in one go. The biggest i've ever had is only around 20K.

What i do find funny though is I repair armour, change a piece of armour over, and it immediatley says I have repair costs. Only a handful of credits. The armour rating is still 100% though.

It is funny when you compare this thread to

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=241069

One says credits are useless and one says too much credits for repair bill...

Now which one is correct ?

Hmm...I wonder...

It depends on your playstyle, if pvp all day and dont do much hardmodes/nightmaremodes there is not much place to spend these credits, but when you finish most of content and gear up your char, repair bills becomes too high and paying them becomes headache, people get agitated even after 1 wipe (including me), I never had problem with repair bills at other mmos, it is appreciably high in this game

If you need to run 10 dailys to be able to afford an hour of progress run I think its pretty fubar...

If you die enough times in an hour to accumulate 100k+ in repair bills then I feel sorry for you.

But you need to start trying not to die.

It's not hard to make 100K credits. Takes about 1-2 hours of game time if your just grinding and not doing any quests. Faster if you do quests.

Spread this out on 6 days a week, that's 20 minutes each day. And then you have one raid day a week.

If you wish to raid more than one day then you'll have to work harder for it. Not to be mean, but tell your group to stop being lazy.

Do daily quests and swim in credits. If you are poor you're doing it wrong.

I'm not poor, read my post complately please, I dont have problem with credits, I'm just saying repair bills are too haigh and need balance becouse it affect gameplay and echonomy. It makes doing dailies or selling 2-3 purple items per day mandatory.

People who post obviously have never done Hard Mode/Nightmare Operations?? If you have then you wouldn't even say 'die less'. Only common sense for teams who run these to avoid wipes at any cost but during trial and error there will always be deaths.

I think I make that amount of credits by doing most of the Ilum and Belsavis dailies, so I don't really have a problem paying repair bills.

I also try a little bit at not dying.

With my level 50/51 equip I do the same. Dailys cover my bill.

The not dying is a bit difficult as Tank :p. Normaly you are the first who dies in dungeons while other might be able to get away.

But I say this cost is fine.

1) it takes ALOT of money out of the game which is good (check out other games with imens inflation).

2) it gives you breaks while hardcore raiding which is realy REALY good for your real life health :D.

Did you know, that you should do 15 minutes breaks every 2 hours while working on computers? And hardcore raiding IS work!

Edited by Jahor

Yesterday, we had to send away two peeps from our group because they turned out to be undergeared. The real issue though is that I died so many times Sunday that I had to quit myself after a while quite simply because I couldn't pay for repairs.

The consequence to this will be that I will NEVER EVER team up with undergeared L50s. They will be left out because they cost me. *I* have to pay for their low level gear.

How ridiculous is that? I hold no grude with these people, I understand that not everyone has the time to grind together a nice gear set. But it will cause high-geared people to not to team up with lower geared peeps.

I spent over 100k yesterday on repairs and the loot was prolly worth like 30k from the hard mode Directive 7. Yeah, it happens that others loot and you don't. Since a lot of peeps like to NEED, I usually get naught.

It's funny that I have to pay more than I can get from HM FPs. And the lack of guaranteed loot is laughable. The whole loot system is laughable. I mean you get what, like 5 crystals from a HM? Don't make me laugh.

It's a lot easier to just grind for champion/battlemaster equipment. Costs you nothing since those can be had from PVP where you are not penalized for dying. You don't have to pay for repairs. You just invest time and it is guaranteed that eventually you'll have a complete champion (as I do) and later a complete set of battlemaster.

Heck, you even accumulate money since you receive credits for doing WZs.

Edited by Kyanzes

You might want to work more on not dying. That seems to be the underlying issue causing all of your woes.

Edit: And if you are suggesting that you are doing end game ops and raids, and still have money issues, im suggesting you gear up.

Edited by GthcRvn

Yesterday, we had to send away two peeps from our group because they turned out to be undergeared. The real issue though is that I died so many times Sunday that I had to quit myself after a while quite simply because I couldn't pay for repairs.

The consequence to this will be that I will NEVER EVER team up with undergeared L50s. They will be left out because they cost me. *I* have to pay for their low level gear.

How ridiculous is that? I hold no grude with these people, I understand that not everyone has the time to grind together a nice gear set. But it will cause high-geared people to not to team up with lower geared peeps.

I spent over 100k yesterday on repairs and the loot was prolly worth like 30k from the hard mode Directive 7. Yeah, it happens that others loot and you don't. Since a lot of peeps like to NEED, I usually get naught.

It's funny that I have to pay more than I can get from HM FPs. And the lack of guaranteed loot is laughable. The whole loot system is laughable. I mean you get what, like 5 crystals from a HM? Don't make me laugh.

It's a lot easier to just grind for champion/battlemaster equipment. Costs you nothing since those can be had from PVP where you are not penalized for dying. You don't have to pay for repairs. You just invest time and it is guaranteed that eventually you'll have a complete champion (as I do) and later a complete set of battlemaster.

Heck, you even accumulate money since you receive credits for doing WZs.

I think you should avoid people who arent geared up. why would you want to take people who cant do the content?

Learning new encounters is very expensive. Given there is no combat log to see where the damage is coming from, or who is having problems, we are being charged for trial on error. The cost is crazy high. Forcing a major credit grind on 50s is counter to the purpose of money sink repairs. Dying a lot should hurt, not break you.

I love how most of these people commenting have clearly never even set foot in any of the ops, and probably have never even dreamed of HM ops.

"Die less" makes you look incredibly silly and immature. You can't just "die less" when you are learning the raid encounters. Particularly without a combat log or damage meter you have no way of assessing what your problem is, so you just have to trial and error your way through the ops by dieing repeatedly.

And then there are some fights that are pretty much up to totally random chance like SOA.

And then there are about 12 different bugs in the raids that the only way to overcome the bug is to wipe and try again... this usually occurs 5-6 times a night when raiding.

The typical raid for my group who knows what they are doing costs me about 200k now that we mostly have it down. Is that horrible? not really...and its mostly due to bugs that make us have to wipe.

but when you are first learning the op, expect to spend 500k-750k credits in repairs a night.

I love how most of these people commenting have clearly never even set foot in any of the ops, and probably have never even dreamed of HM ops.

"Die less" makes you look incredibly silly and immature. You can't just "die less" when you are learning the raid encounters. Particularly without a combat log or damage meter you have no way of assessing what your problem is, so you just have to trial and error your way through the ops by dieing repeatedly.

And then there are some fights that are pretty much up to totally random chance like SOA.

And then there are about 12 different bugs in the raids that the only way to overcome the bug is to wipe and try again... this usually occurs 5-6 times a night when raiding.

The typical raid for my group who knows what they are doing costs me about 200k now that we mostly have it down. Is that horrible? not really...and its mostly due to bugs that make us have to wipe.

but when you are first learning the op, expect to spend 500k-750k credits in repairs a night.

THIS...

Could not agree more. All the peeps who say "die less" should first try the raid HMs.. We just started to clear OP HMs and it is very frustrating that you are forced to gring credits so you can raid. And NO daylies are not 20 minute work. Even when focused it takes you away about 2 hours of playtime just to pay the repair bill. Sorry, this is ridicullous... (excuse my spelling, english is not my native)

Edited by Sipkos

If you die enough times in an hour to accumulate 100k+ in repair bills then I feel sorry for you.

But you need to start trying not to die.

In their defense, if your learning new content, dying is to be expected. With the game so new, it isn't as easy to just google "how to kill XXX", and just win everytime.

However, repair bills and the fustration of dying alot comes with the territory of raiding, so QQ'ing about repair costs is somewhat ironic.

Keeping a Stable Economy means a stead flow of income comming in and going out. Plain and simple. Repair costs, travel fees, speeders, etc... are all intended to keep the economy stable. Without them, then you'll see a nice pair of level 45 bracers for 3,000,000 credits.