Operative/Scoundrel Damage (Pics from WZs)

Treplos

I didn't know games were balanced on the assumption that every single operative hit crits while also assuming the lightly armored target:

a. Is not a sorc with bubble (remind me what classes have light armor? oh wait..)

b. Does not have their cc breaker on cd

c. Is wandering alone with no teammates

d. Does not know how to use heal pots

e. Does not immediately use their aoe knockback and/or force speed, but instead sits there and lets you hack away even after you get up from jarring strike.

But hey, it actually does look like this is what they're basing the "fixes" on.

Edit: Without crits, the combo does 2.5k + 1.8k + 1.2k + 1.2k for a grand total of.... 6.7k damage. OMG THAT OPERATIVE JUST HIT ME FOR 7K WHILE USING 4 ATTACKS, NOW I'M AT FULL RESOLVE AND HAVE 60% HP LEFT, HEAVENS SAVE ME WHAT CAN I DO NOW?

Your last point is irrelevant. AOE classes should not have both more damage AND more kills than my single target dps class. I'm fine with more kills and less overall damage, seems pretty fair to me.

Sage and Shadow has light armor. Which is about 18% damage reduction in full champion.

Medium armor is only at about 25%, as well. That's half the classes in the game right there, that would take 10-20% more damage than a juggernaut.

a. Yeah, Sorcerors do have bubble.

b. Doesn't stop the Operative from doing most of the damage, since it's all front-end burst. Even if you CC-break the initial hit immediately you're already down at least 40-50% of your HP.

c. So I guess everyone should stay in packs of 3 so they can't get ganked by an operative. Even then you could still pick one off.

d. So you're basically saying "run" or "die" yeah, that sounds balanced. As if a Operative had no form of ranged attacks or CC, either. Can also vanish and Hidden Strike again.

e. Sentinel/Marauder has medium armor and no knockback or force. God forbid that the Operative takes 6k damage while they kill the opponent in 6 seconds.

On Operative not critting on all attacks is unlikely, considering if you pop a relic Hidden Strike has like a 60%+ chance to crit.

lol at an AoE class getting more kills than an Operative. All I ever see with Operatives is 14 solo kills and 5 deaths because all they do is gank random people.

I always laugh at this because it's like what, you're out of stealth suddenly you have nothing to use in combat? Do they hit for like 600 damage? No, they don't. You also have as much HP as every other class, even my Jugg has the same HP as a scrawny *** Op/Smugg.

I have about 20% more mitigation which really means jack in this game because Bioware handed out armor penatration abiltiies like candy to classes in this game.

I am now at 40% HP, facing a someone with a full 15k HP. Excuse me while I somehow magically pull 15k HP worth of damage before they pull another 6-7k HP worth. The only thing I have that gets over 4k atm is an execute crit. Impale CAN get over 4k but I need buffs and 5 stacks of pooled hatred which I won't have fighting an Op/Smugg. Most of my abilities hit for 12-1500 on squishies and they ALL have CD's.

You guys need to stop acting like you turn into pumpkins that sit there outside of stealth...

Also this.... Scoundrel/Operative has mediocre damage outside of front-end burst, so what... your enemy is already down to half health at max. Good luck to them to do 16k damage before you do 8k while Acid Blade ticks away.

Edited by savionen

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always laugh at this because it's like what, you're out of stealth suddenly you have nothing to use in combat? Do they hit for like 600 damage? No, they don't. You also have as much HP as every other class, even my Jugg has the same HP as a scrawny *** Op/Smugg.

I have about 20% more mitigation which really means jack in this game because Bioware handed out armor penatration abiltiies like candy to classes in this game.

I am now at 40% HP, facing a someone with a full 15k HP. Excuse me while I somehow magically pull 15k HP worth of damage before they pull another 6-7k HP worth. The only thing I have that gets over 4k atm is an execute crit. Impale CAN get over 4k but I need buffs and 5 stacks of pooled hatred which I won't have fighting an Op/Smugg. Most of my abilities hit for 12-1500 on squishies and they ALL have CD's.

You guys need to stop acting like you turn into pumpkins that sit there outside of stealth...

So what you're saying is that if an operative manages to get the perfect opener, you still expect to be able to kill him first? However, if you manage to catch him out of stealth or with a team, you should still be able to **** him? Why the hell would ANYONE roll an operative when the only reason to play one (1v1 burst) does not exist anymore?

Huge difference between "run or die" and "learn to kite"

Edited by VirgiI

So what you're saying is that if an operative manages to get the perfect opener, you still expect to be able to kill him first? However, if you manage to catch him out of stealth or with a team, you should still be able to **** him? Why the hell would ANYONE roll an operative when the only reason to play one (1v1 burst) does not exist anymore?

No..I was making fun of your non perfect opener still putting me at a loss unless I have every single Defensive CD available. Can you read?

I don't "****" on any op/smugg any more than other light armor classes. An average CRITTING IMPALE(9 sec cd) is only 2.8-3k(lucky end). Shatter hits for 1100 and ticks for 450-550 3 times. Force scream hits for 1500ish, Crits for 2-2.3k. I need to Sunder first for Shatter too so thats another 900ish and another GCD. Your just standing their doing what, no damage to me right? None at all? Yeah ok...

You're still going to have the best single target burst in the game post nerf, the only difference is now you'll have to press a few more buttons after they stand back up to win instead of derping your way to victory everytime.

Edited by Dreadspectre

And you need to stop crying about a class that can ONLY do well in 1v1 actually beating your class in a 1v1. Please, roll an operative, play a huttball match, and see how OP you are. I guarantee you will get the solo kill medal MAYBE 1 every 3 or 4 matches, and that's only in the pre level 50 brackets. You bring absolutely nothing to your team other than being able to take out a healer every now and then if they're alone. And you want to nerf the one thing we can do?

THIS just in, Warzones are 8v8 for a reason.

Sage and Shadow has light armor. Which is about 18% damage reduction in full champion.

Medium armor is only at about 25%, as well. That's half the classes in the game right there, that would take 10-20% more damage than a juggernaut.

b. Doesn't stop the Operative from doing most of the damage, since it's all front-end burst. Even if you CC-break the initial hit immediately you're already down at least 40-50% of your HP.

c. So I guess everyone should stay in packs of 3 so they can't get ganked by an operative. Even then you could still pick one off.

d. So you're basically saying "run" or "die" yeah, that sounds balanced. As if a Operative had no form of ranged attacks or CC, either. Can also vanish and Hidden Strike again.

e. Sentinel/Marauder has medium armor and no knockback or force. God forbid that the Operative takes 6k damage while they kill the opponent in 6 seconds.

On Operative not critting on all attacks is unlikely, considering if you pop a relic Hidden Strike has like a 60%+ chance to crit.

lol at an AoE class getting more kills than an Operative. All I ever see with Operatives is 14 solo kills and 5 deaths because all they do is gank random people.

Also this.... Scoundrel/Operative has mediocre damage outside of front-end burst, so what... your enemy is already down to half health at max. Good luck to them to do 16k damage before you do 8k while Acid Blade ticks away.

Your wrong with a and b,tell yah why even though your bubble is only 2k or 3k doesnt matter heres what happens i do my shootfirst which always does more than 2k and guess what,poof gone ahh but so is your bubble but you didnt recieve any damage from my shoot first,that was my big hit yah see,gone.

Meh I gave up on this whole topic awhile ago. You want to Balance your game bioware Bracket the game more 10- 19; 20-29; 30- 39; 40-49 and then 50's. That way you the PROPER PvP information needed.... instead of going off facts from Pre 50's bracket when geared scoundrels were fighting level 39's and lower.

In order for them to do the above though they would also need to jump on the band wagon of CROSS SERVER PVP queues.

And you need to stop crying about a class that can ONLY do well in 1v1 actually beating your class in a 1v1. Please, roll an operative, play a huttball match, and see how OP you are. I guarantee you will get the solo kill medal MAYBE 1 every 3 or 4 matches, and that's only in the pre level 50 brackets. You bring absolutely nothing to your team other than being able to take out a healer every now and then if they're alone. And you want to nerf the one thing we can do?

Well this just proves my theory that you're just a bad player. If you think that the only thing your stealth class can do in Huttball is kill a healer once awhile, I don't know how to help you. Bad Ops like you will quit/reroll after this patch, the good ones will carry on just fine.

Its so true. All the players crying about nerfing this and that are clearly the sub-par skilled of the community. Why? The patch for OP isn't even out yet, and they havn't even seen how must burst the changes will bring in action.

Yet, they are already crying about sorcerer/sage and mercs/comm. Its clearly they don't want to improve on thier own skills and just want something to whine about till Bioware have buffed the class they are playing so they can feel good about themselves and how good they are. But clearly due to the reason they just simply have no skills for pvp.

I have seen all classes break 500k+ dps and all classes have some really good player behind it. To all the nerf criers, maybe you guys should try to improve on yourselves instead of trying to bring others down. I guess its human nature to not admit that.....you suck.

totally agree. every time i fight something i lose against i try to figure out how i can beat them.. then guess what? i do it.

not all the time, not even claiming to be good at pvp, but i learn from my mistakes and it makes me better.

my goal in pvp usualy is to sit on sorcs and make their lives miserable so they cant spam lighting.

Its so true. All the players crying about nerfing this and that are clearly the sub-par skilled of the community. Why? The patch for OP isn't even out yet, and they havn't even seen how must burst the changes will bring in action.

Yet, they are already crying about sorcerer/sage and mercs/comm. Its clearly they don't want to improve on thier own skills and just want something to whine about till Bioware have buffed the class they are playing so they can feel good about themselves and how good they are. But clearly due to the reason they just simply have no skills for pvp.

I have seen all classes break 500k+ dps and all classes have some really good player behind it. To all the nerf criers, maybe you guys should try to improve on yourselves instead of trying to bring others down. I guess its human nature to not admit that.....you suck.

this.

Sorry but when 50% of the imperials play sorcs it makes for lots of stuns, snares and bubbles. and a **** ton of boring *** PvP. Not saying that sorcs need nerfed but ffs they are the last ones who should be crying.

Edited by Newsinz

i dont think that you cant bring anything as a scoundral in pvp but i agree that warzones are 8v8 for a reason. 1vq is of no consiquence even if there is a medal in the game that you get for fighting one on one.

Well this just proves my theory that you're just a bad player. If you think that the only thing your stealth class can do in Huttball is kill a healer once awhile, I don't know how to help you. Bad Ops like you will quit/reroll after this patch, the good ones will carry on just fine.

Oh, I forgot we can stand near the goal line stealthed and hope someone gets close enough to throw us the ball. My bad.

You are just bad. There is no other way to tell you.

You say you only have static barrier? Should I tell you how a sorc has some of the most util in the game? Lets name them for you and maybe then you wont cry for everyone else to be nerfed because you cant play your own class.

1 Static Barrier

2 A blind on static barrier when it fades (Talented)

3 AOE knockback

4 An instant CC (talented)

5 Interupts

6 Electrocute

I swear to god watching sorc's crying about others being OP and crying for everyone to be nerfed BECAUSE THEY ARE HORRIBLE makes me crack up.

you're a retard, did you read any of my post at all ? or did you just skim through it then bollock into a troll post tryin to shoot me down ?

your first mistake ....

i spoke about "defensive abilities" sorce has 1 "static barrier"

you, named all of our utility and CC ..... awsome, you can't tell the diffrance "idjit"

your second mistake ....

i never said sorce was totally underpowered .... i stated they are NOT overpowered like people make out.

third ?

i never called for every other class to be nerfed did i ? i listed 3 Advanced classes out of 8 you Re-tread.

and further more, you listed things that HAVE to be talented in order to be available, which with the current builds of sorce, cannot possibly have EVERYTHING, so agen, you talk out your bum hole

my current DPS specc is 14/11/16 this is the specc you need to keep some form of survivability while being able to do some DMG .... if you go full DMG on madness or lightening, you're pretty much dead in every situation 3 sec cast heal just no ... not with a DPS on your *** after you, and even with this specc, its still very hard to stay alive vs melee coz every ability we have is casted / channeled, save for deathfield "15 sec CD" and chain lightening "only from wrath proc" we also get shock on a 6 sec CD which doesn't hit for a great deal anyway.

so all of this OMG sorce do gazillion DPS and healing all in one specc ZOMG !!! is bullpoo

if you're healer/dps hybrid you sacrifice alot of DPS to maintain survivability

if you go double DPS hybrid same thing, you sacrifice survivability

if you go triple hybrid, you get the best DMG and healing abilities, but have to sacrifice all of the other utility talents in the DPS tree's

so seriously, all of you go **** Fasion off and go look at the sorce talent tree's and see what we have to pick and choose and what we gain and lose for doing so ...... our 31 point talents apart from corruption , are absolutly sheite and not as good as our 11 point abilities ..... so agen, Mr nophere go get some actual facts behind you before callin someone bad, coz you sir are a moron.

Yeah, Bioware just put in a 5k one hit medal in the game to be unattainable. Makes sense. You are complaining that your AOE crit is 1.5k less than our SINGLE TARGET crit. Typical pub baddy making excuses. You do realize that if you manage to hit more than 1 person with your smash crit you're looking at 8k damage? In voidstar, a 4k AOE could easily top 16k damage in one hit. But no, god forbid an operative crit for 5k.

My 4k crit is on people WITHOUT Expertise.

Against people with Expertise I will hit them for 2-2.5k. In total I can hit a group of people for 10k (IF there are 5 people in range which can be rare in anything other than a Voidstar match).

But see a combined hit of 10k is manageable because a single AOE heal will heal them up within a matter of seconds.

So while a healer can keep someone up even though I am beating on them it is three times as hard for them to keep someone up with a Smuggler who can do a burst of 13k within 6 seconds. No one else can do that on a single target.

Juggs only have 21k Health if they are buffed with the BH party Buff and are running around in defense gear (which has far higher amounts of endurance than the DPS Jugg gear). To top it off the Jugg probably has Battlemaster defense gear if he has that much health.

I top out at 16k with the DPS Jugg gear AND the BH buff.

Good Operatives/Smugglers are extremely difficult for me to kill, if not impossible because many of their hard hitting abilities bypass my armor, while few of mine can.

There are a number of Smugglers on my server that will hit me for 3k even if they are out of stealth. And I'm talking about their Shotgun abilities, so it doesn't matter if they are behind me or not.

While I can't hit them for that even with a Smash/Relic/Shockwave combo.

Edited by AidenPryde

After the 1.1 patch? I seriously doubt that.

Now that the Biochem changes are in Ops can no longer kill you in under 3 seconds. If you are going to insist on saying they can then you are either undergeared or a liar.

But meh, as you said in your opening line most people on here have no freaking clue what they are on about. it seems you can include yourself in that category.

and you can also include yourself there too bro. Here's the only 1.1 patch notes for smug/op

Smuggler

General

Flash Grenade: This ability now has a 60-second cooldown.

Scoundrel

Sawbones

Accomplished Sawbones: The tooltip now reflects the actual healing bonus of 10/20/30%.

Scrapper

Underdog: The tooltip for this skill has been re-worded to clearly state which abilities are modified.

Dirty Fighting (Shared Tree)

Rough and Tumble: This skill now properly reduces the cooldown of Wounding Shots.

Imperial Agent

Bug Fixes

Corrected an issue where activating cover, using Explosive Probe, and then using Snipe could cause Snipe to be interrupted.

remember, we found out the nerfs only happened in ptr. or did you forget that too...

Hilariously enough all 3 have Vanish...sign of a true bad. Need that reset button.

calling marauders force camoflauge a "reset" button is hilarious. Play the class, learn that it either doesn't work or it's only long enough for you to sneak up on someone, not run away.

bads need to keep quiet.

calling marauders force camoflauge a "reset" button is hilarious. Play the class, learn that it either doesn't work or it's only long enough for you to sneak up on someone, not run away.

bads need to keep quiet.

Bad Marauder spotted.

Finish getting your gear and then talk. If it's not working because it's bugged that's another issue, as it stands Mara defensive CD's put baseline Jugg ones to shame. Not everyone plays Immortal because it's the "tank" class.

People don't realize that the opener is only part of the problem. Average opener is around 4k HP. THat's already 25% of my HP. My gf can explain it better as she actually plays the class. Basically her damage consists of a 4k opener and like a 3k backstab. After that I'm taking dot ticks that bring me to 15% HP.

That is with 600 expertise on my guardian.

So basically w/o defensive CD's an operative has brought me already down to 15% hp in a single opening rotation. That is fair?

4k is 25% of your HP, which means your HP = 16k, which is the lowest HP for a BM geared player.

However, 4k + 3k + ? (say dots 1.5k) = 8.5k .. you are still at 47% HP.

Please stop throwing wild figures just for the sake of it.

I've explained how it works countless times before. But I will say it again:

In a hypothetical scenario where the Operative has 100% Crit, AND assuming the target is equally geared/skilled AND they do not have CC-Braker ready AND not defended by a any Shield/Guard:

AB/HS = 4k Crit (can goto 5k-6k under specific conditions, with full cons/bio/buff/relic)

BS = 3k Crit

Shiv = 2.5k Crit

Dots = 1.8k Crit

TOTAL damage = 11.3k

--- At this point the Knockdown is over and target can react. Typical BMs have around 16-18k HP at least, up to 23k HP, and they will still have around at least 7k-8k HP remaining, during which they can use a number of their utilities to defend themselves: Shield, CC, Knockback, Stealth, Vanish, Heal, Force Speed, etc, or simply turn around and kill the Operative in many cases, because the Operative simply cannot go toe-to-toe with any DPS class, and by the time they are out of energy anyway, and will hit back like a wet noodle.

Also, it's very easy for all classes to make sure the Operative cannot go into Stealth again. Simply DOT him or apply any periodic effect. And if they do go into Stealth, a simple reactive AOE of any kind will flush them out of Stealth. Not to mention that some classes have anti-Stealth mechanics anyway.

This is best case scenario which most often does not occur. If the Operative gets flushed out of Stealth before doing their Alpha Strike, OR if they do not crit, OR if target has CC-Breaker ready, OR is shielded/guarded, OR gets healed; if any of those happen, then this whole scenario goes out the window.

4k is 25% of your HP, which means your HP = 16k, which is the lowest HP for a BM geared player.

However, 4k + 3k + ? (say dots 1.5k) = 8.5k .. you are still at 47% HP.

Please stop throwing wild figures just for the sake of it.

I've explained how it works countless times before. But I will say it again:

In a hypothetical scenario where the Operative has 100% Crit, AND assuming the target is equally geared/skilled AND they do not have CC-Braker ready AND not defended by a any Shield/Guard:

AB/HS = 4k Crit (can goto 5k-6k under specific conditions, with full cons/bio/buff/relic)

BS = 3k Crit

Shiv = 2.5k Crit

Dots = 1.8k Crit

TOTAL damage = 11.3k

--- At this point the Knockdown is over and target can react. Typical BMs have around 16-18k HP at least, up to 23k HP, and they will still have around at least 7k-8k HP remaining, during which they can use a number of their utilities to defend themselves: Shield, CC, Knockback, Stealth, Vanish, Heal, Force Speed, etc, or simply turn around and kill the Operative in many cases, because the Operative simply cannot go toe-to-toe with any DPS class, and by the time they are out of energy anyway, and will hit back like a wet noodle.

Also, it's very easy for all classes to make sure the Operative cannot go into Stealth again. Simply DOT him or apply any periodic effect. And if they do go into Stealth, a simple reactive AOE of any kind will flush them out of Stealth. Not to mention that some classes have anti-Stealth mechanics anyway.

This is best case scenario which most often does not occur. If the Operative gets flushed out of Stealth before doing their Alpha Strike, OR if they do not crit, OR if target has CC-Breaker ready, OR is shielded/guarded, OR gets healed; if any of those happen, then this whole scenario goes out the window.

Just gonna educate you that even tank BM gear doesn't get much over 17/18k. If you see people in the 20's they're wearing PvE gear which is turning out to be as good/better then wearing full PvP.

Guards/Juggs can buff up to about 25k, and that's in Champ gear. It requires them using Endure. So most people see the 20+k and assume they walk around with that much normally.

And to the OP, showing overall damage in WZs does nothing to prove that other classes can do the burst damage of Ops/Scoundrels. Sustained DPS != Burst DPS.

Just gonna educate you that even tank BM gear doesn't get much over 17/18k. If you see people in the 20's they're wearing PvE gear which is turning out to be as good/better then wearing full PvP.

http://imgur.com/a/ntMx5#0

01. Full BM Shadow -- in tank gear, and before you say "but", he had popped a biochem heal that increases his HP temporarily, so he usually runs with 23k HP.

02. Full BM Commando -- no stims.

03. A "naked" troll in one of the games I've had. He ran naked the whole time doing pretty much nothing.

04. My highest crit on that troll (5.2k Crit, he had 7320 HP). PS: I made an exception here and had to include a name for the first time. Sorry.

PS: Maybe you did not read well anyway. I said: "Typical BMs have around 16-18k HP at least, up to 23k HP, and they will still have around at least 7k-8k HP remaining [after the full Operative burst rotation]" referring to the 16-18k players obviously.

So what is your point?

...And to the OP, showing overall damage in WZs does nothing to prove that other classes can do the burst damage of Ops/Scoundrels. Sustained DPS != Burst DPS.

In that case, go back and read again. My post has nothing to do with total damage. I just wanted to show burst potential and highest crits. Some classes can do burst similar to ours, sometimes a bit lower, sometimes higher. Granted some have conditionals or require some build time, but our whole burst is a big can of conditionals and ONLY IFs. Not to mention that the whole Operative tree is intended for nothing else but burst.

Edited by Treplos

GG pandering developers at Bioware for appeasing the millions of Sith Sorcerers (there are more lvl 50 sith sorcerers than all other lvl 50s combined on both sides), and giving our classes main edge a complete dip in the ****.

How about you nerf sorcs stun lock or their ability to escape any fight with sprint?

How about you nerf autoface tracer missile on mercenaries?

It may be time to sell my account for my favourite class has been potentially ruined.