Petition to ban rage-quitters and "Disconnects" from pvp for a hour

Los_Coy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Also how about they have to run around with some title indicating they flee once the other team scores 1 point in huttball?

Seriously, anyone else tired of that

Yes I am tired of it but they can hardly ban people from leaving until they allow you to choose which warzone you want to queue for.

Even then you cannot ban for disconnects unless they can somehow tell if it was a disconnect done on purpose then yes by all means.

Also how about they have to run around with some title indicating they flee once the other team scores 1 point in huttball?

Seriously, anyone else tired of that

I have a better idea- how about you reroll Republic, level/pvp to 50 and then come back and tell us how it went? How it compared to the Imperial Faction PVP.

I'm all for it, but like I said in another thread, there should be one "freebie" everyone gets for emergencies and other such reasons. If something comes up during a match that you can't avoid, I want you to leave and not just go afk to take care of your business.

Of course, after that freebie there must be something like this one hour penalty to prevent people from abusing the system like they do now.

Bioware barely even attends to requests for customer support, what makes you think they'll actively engage in banning people for leaving warzones (a feature they themselves included) or disconnecting (may happen on accident also). Let's not forget the random bootings, speeder bikes not spawning, stuns upon respawn, various haxploits and other stuff which would result in people leaving (and getting banned in this scenario).

Yeah, ban me for not wanting to waste my whole day losing every Warzone I am in. Sure!

This way I'll leave and be banned for an hour, so I can come back, join another Warzone, realise that my team can't even look at the door for 3 seconds to protect it, leave it and have another hour break and then realise that I am just sick of this crap and I am not going to put up with it anymore.

Just so you know, less people is actually worse.

Voidstar is probably my favorite map.

Actually I like all of them for diffrent reasons, but it is annoying to loose 1/3 of your team the first time the other team scores on you, blows a door, or captures the middle turret.

I don't mind the rage quiters nearly as bad as those who hide in a corner and dance or otherwise do nothing to earn points from the match... those I want to drop in a pit of acid.

Premade only queue

Fix the exploits on certain maps

Fix AFK plague

Balance the classes

Fix the bug allowing more players per side

Don't start the maps until you actually have equal players per side (hello 1 min speeder ride)

Allow players to disable EXP in WF's (so i don't have to quit to avoid it - and no, i don't want to ever reach level 50 on another char.. wz gear grinds ftl)

etc...

Then we can talk mini game lockouts.

Edited by Jebi

they have to fix other things before they could ever put a deserter in. such as the afk checker on players that are loading into matches. I have loaded into matches where i have had literally 5 seconds to get into the battle field; so when this happens in hutt ball, it is like i load into the match then instantly load back out. the AFK check needs to first appear after the player has loaded.

No and not because I support rage quitting or think it is fine.

Just some things that have happened to me

- Charge someone and get stuck in a loop of falling through the map, dying, res, falling, dying

- Stunned in the spawning area, can't move

- Release after death and nothing happens

- Stuck on loading screen long enough to get booted from the match

- Can't get off speeder, die, loading screen, booted

- Join wz get booted to character selct screen

It will punish a lot of rage quitters which derserve it as well as a lot of people who play enough matches to see what bugged **** the warzones can be.

No,

reason:

If people are not allowed to leave, they will just stand in the corner, and contribute nothing. afking in wz will start to become and issue.

let them leave, then someone else can join, and actually contribute to the match.

No no no no no, please.

I'm on a very bad dorm room connection at my college, and I say I get dropped in a WZ at least once or twice a day. Having to wait an hour because of that would suck. Quite often my team is WINNING when I get dropped, and I can't get back in time for the rewards anyways.

Just make it 15-20 minutes. That means they have to sit out roughly the same time they would have spent staying in the warzone. There can be a penalty, it just doesn't need to be overly harsh. No need to penalize the folks who need to quit suddenly with no ill intentions.

Be logical. The game is too unstable to impose a penalty that would make all the bugs and crashes even more costly.

The people that leave a match are not nearly as detrimental to your experience as the ones that sit in/near spawn and do nothing. A vote-afk or vote-bad option would be more useful. 5/8 votes and you're gone. Being removed via a similar system would allow you to apply a penalty to the player, albeit a minor one since it is community decided.

While it does trouble me that ppl quit when they think the game is lost (kinda strange as you can get lots of exp/credits/valor/comms regardless of the win/loss), there are some situation when slappin a "quitter" debuff is a bad idea.

From personal experience, I had several games where I DC mid game with a hefty amount of medals and received nothing in the end. THe game punishes you for DC by immediately removing you from the OPS (IMO stupid idea). They do not even give you 1-2 mins to reconnect to get back into a game! One time I DC (had some medals too, game was almost won), reconnected, requeued, got back to the very same game ..... and got my score erased so I had to start from the beginning. Cool.

I waould really like BW to correct this issue first as it is more important to players who actually play the game (same is valid for FP and OPS etc). With FP it is 50/50 - sometimes I got kicked from the FP and group, sometimes I got back in time.

I agree we need everything listed in this post if we can also have a Azz Whole vote in huttball for when the other team gets to 5-0 in 3 minutes and will not just end it, but farms till the 15m timer... The Azz Whole vote could be used 1 minute after the score reaches 5-0. This would set the winning to team to ZERO valor and delete all battlemaster gear.

kk thnx

I agree we need everything listed in this post if we can also have a Azz Whole vote in huttball for when the other team gets to 5-0 in 3 minutes and will not just end it, but farms till the 15m timer... The Azz Whole vote could be used 1 minute after the score reaches 5-0. This would set the winning to team to ZERO valor and delete all battlemaster gear.

kk thnx

then ppl would just afking instead of quitting. So no.