PvP Bag Drop Rates - Statistics

savionen

The drop rate is kinda mysterious for every1 , but if you get a piece of gear 100% sure with 200 mercenary / 200 warzones , and + 2 pieces of gear a day from dailys and more 6 pieces of gear every weekly you will be full gear in 1 day , and thats not funny at all!

when i get lvl 50 , i had 1 bag with me, + 1000/1000 commendations = 5 bags , + weeklys 6 bags + daylies 2 bags + commendations doing weekly wz i d say 2 bags, so in the first day i reach 50 i opened 1 + 5 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 16 bags

and i get nothing lol , this is the true unlucky , 16 bags 0 items , only 48 centurion commendations , ye i raged and think in unsubscribe cause the game sucks bla bla, but then i just kept playing , and got some lucky days , and after 2weeks i am almost full champion gear, with some offspec pieces that dropped. And since i am not even battlemaster yet what difference will made being full champion or not, now i still have fun opening one bag cause i am still hoping for 2 missing items , your unlucky isnt forever just keep getting funny and you will see the things will change :)

You are lucky then. I took the same approach you did, 16 bags at 50. Did weeklys and dailys now for 2 weeks and I've had ONE piece of armor come from a bag. I've gotten 2 relics and an implant from all those bags. Plus I'm getting on average 2 bags a day from just saving up points.

On my Jugg though I have almost full champ and am gearing my tank set with dups just because. The RNG is brutal, I do think something has to be tweaked.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to do the math on PvP bags.

On a general average, assuming you did the PvP Daily, and Weekly, and enough extra games to get a bag or two you'd be getting roughly 9 commendations every 6 hours of warzones played. So, 1.5 commendations every hour.

The drop rate on champion gear is hard to tell, but let's average it out to about 15%, and I feel that's a tad generous. On average, it takes about 2 hours to get one bag.

Champion Drop Rate

-6.6 bags for one piece of Champion gear.

-13 hours of warzone play to get one piece of Champion gear.

There are 14 equipment slots, so assuming you got zero duplicates aside from the Relics and Implants, it would take 184 hours of warzones to gear up full Champion. However, the chances of getting a duplicate doesn't change depending on your gear. So with duplicates we're looking at hundreds and hundreds of hours, or just never.

It is technically hower also possible to never get a champion piece, since it is indeed RNG.

Assuming you were just gearing towards Centurion, since Champion is RNG:

Centurion Main-Hand Weapon - 72 Commendations -

-It would take roughly 48 hours of warzones to get it.

Centurion Full-Set - 432 Commendations -

-It would take roughly 288 hours of warzones to get an entire centurion set.

288 hours of warzones. To get a TIER ONE set.

QQ m0aR... Do the Math for BattleMaster and how many useless Champion commendations we get per hour....... Then start crying about your Champion rate! :p

Edited by Choppinrockz

That's if the math works out for your RNG. I'm valor 56 and still don't have full champion, missing ear and both relics. 2 of my companions are getting geared up though because of all the damn duplicates I keep getting. My last 5 bags that have contained gear have been ALL implants. I saw a valor 33 guy yesterday who had more champion & expertise than I did. So I've put in more than twice the effort and time in PvP yet have less gear than that guy lol... Edited by Wingfoot

I'm actually 0 for the last 26 bags. Out of 50+ bags I've gotten 3 unique items. I've just shelved my level 50 for now.

Almost valor rank 50 with 3 pieces of champion gear.

I put a ticket in with a GM to see if I was bugged, since I haven't gotten any items and they said... nope.

Edited by savionen

QQ m0aR... Do the Math for BattleMaster....... Then start crying about your Champion rate! :p

Battlemaster is pretty terrible too, but it's a lot harder to figure out a base drop rate for it. Not really enough info floating around.

Centurion gear is so overpriced that it makes it useless to try to get entirely.

They need to cut the prices in half at least to make it viable.

I definitely agree. I'm Valor rank 50 and could only afford 4-5 pieces, and at this point even though I can buy a few it's completely worthless.

Battlemaster is pretty terrible too, but it's a lot harder to figure out a base drop rate for it. Not really enough info floating around.

I got some data for you...

Sitting at 61 Champ Tokens, 1 BM token in inventory, 1 piece of BM gear (chest - 2 tokens).

Soooo...that's 3 tokens in 22 bags. Yup depressing.

Has anyone ever really geared entirely in Centurion gear?

Because 1 piece every 13 hours seems pretty reasonable.

If the rate is 1 item per 13 hours, and you need 12 items for a full set, than that comes out to 156hours.

156 hours = 6.5 days.

That's about how long it takes to level from 1-50 in /played time for a lot of players.

I don't think that's a very reasonable required time investment at all for tier 1 gear.

well just to throw my own stats in here, i've opened 22 bags and i've gotten 5 pieces, 1 of which was a duplicate, so I'm wearing 4 things after opening 22 bags

and the stupidest thing about the system is that I am not wiling to spend my commendations, since I do not know if the next bag I open will have the same slot, thus wasting all those commendations

so... up until about last week I was having awful luck with Champion bags. up until monday i had 3 x implants 2 x relics 2 x boots 2 x offhand & 1x MH

Tuesday I just did the dailies, i was 2 for 2 on champ bags! Pants ! and another offhand :eek: Turned in commedations for another bag, opened and 1 x chest

Wednesday came around, completed the ilum weekly/daily plus turned in some commedations equating to 5 champion bags. 1x boots 1x belt 1x helm. So by now I'm like finally, I'm valor 57 and up until a couple days ago I had 5 distinct pieces of champ gear, keep it coming. Hey, why not do the wz daily? I'm thinking cool, I really want those champion bracers

turned in the daily for the last champ bag of the day, bam - bracers...

Currently, all I need are my gloves and I'm full champ. I could careless about the Ear slot as I have the Rakata and being so close to BM the champ would just be replaced as soon as I hit valor 60 I've probably opened 70+ bags, that could be a conservative number as well, but my luck has changed and I think that's all it is, luck.

Sidenote: they need to add requirements to champion gear, since the title is attained at valor rank 50.

Edited by venjinze

my statistics:

I have 10 champions out of 44 bags with 2 duplicate items. With the commendations I bought 3 centurion of which 2 were quickly replaced by champions (duuhhh my luck :D)

oh yeah valor is 47ish

Edited by arsenate

Pretty unreasonable arguing.

1. You are claiming that about 12-14 days played are too much for a *full* set of endgame gear?

Compare it to the time spend raiding, quessting or gearing up in other MMOs or SWTOR-pve and it seems rather sensible.

2. You fail to mention that You do earn Tier 1 and Tier 2 at the same time.

The average player gets his/her T2 Tokens and fills the remaining slots with Tier 1 items.

And even if all that weren´t true. The difference between crafted/quested items and PvP Tier 1 and 2 is pretty insignificant compared to most games.

Just to compare to WoW when I started doing raiding in vanilla(MC) we did about 6 hours a week for 2 months before I had a full set. That's only 2 days of /played. I could get a full pvp set at about 4 hours per day for a week or just a little over 1 day played.

I currently have 11 days 23 hours and 27 minutes of time played on my main.

I reached lvl 50 with nearly no pvp experience (and no champion gear bags at all) at 7 days 11 hours game time.

I have a nearly* full set of champion gear (only missing lightsaber) with several duplicates -which I put on my companion.

It took me 179 hours to reach max level.

Sense then It took me another 108 hours to get a full set of pvp gear, (the lightsaber I saved commendations at purchased a centurion) But in this time I also did daylies, hardmodes, operations, crafting, bsing with friends, and some other random time wasters, Not to mention I finished the gear set before getting that play time, but that is the only one I have available to check.

I achieved valor rank 36, I have a few pieces of columni gear, and my synthweaving crafted rakata gear.

I daresay you are exaggerating the time it took to get gear by a tad.

With the upcoming patch they aren't changing gear, they are making commendations easier to get, and champion drops rarer (bad choice imo, as centurion gear is crap) so it will be even faster to get a basic gear set, so what are you complaining about?

I didn't bother reading anything but the OP, so forgive me if this has been stated, but some of the math isn't right and really depends on you team.

I play with the same premade each night, we do our 3 warzones for the daily and we are done. It takes on average 45 minutes a night. after 3 days we get our weekly done. After 7 days of doing that we get at LEAST 2 extra bags from commendations. So that is 7+ 4 + 2 = 13 bags.

45 minutes * 7 days is 315 minutes.

Assuming I got nothing but commendations from my bags I would have 39 commendations for 315 minutes of warzones...or roughly 8 minutes per commendation...not 1.5 hours.

My thread has a fix for this garbage in it.

It looks like they're just going to adjust bags, which sucks, 'cuz it seems like the Warzones in general could use the kind of social engineering my fix involves, but I (sadly) don't work for Bioware in the PvP department.

I didn't bother reading anything but the OP, so forgive me if this has been stated, but some of the math isn't right and really depends on you team.

I play with the same premade each night, we do our 3 warzones for the daily and we are done. It takes on average 45 minutes a night. after 3 days we get our weekly done. After 7 days of doing that we get at LEAST 2 extra bags from commendations. So that is 7+ 4 + 2 = 13 bags.

45 minutes * 7 days is 315 minutes.

Assuming I got nothing but commendations from my bags I would have 39 commendations for 315 minutes of warzones...or roughly 8 minutes per commendation...not 1.5 hours.

Definitely true, but it's a different situation. The math I used was based on the average player winning half their games, and doing the daily and weekly, and going after at least 1 bag a day (outside of daily/weekly). I also said 1.5 commendations an hour, not 1 commendation every 1.5 hours. That'd be 3 commendations every 2 hours.

Running with a premade while winning 100% of the time would obviously speed up this process A LOT.

I currently have 11 days 23 hours and 27 minutes of time played on my main.

I reached lvl 50 with nearly no pvp experience (and no champion gear bags at all) at 7 days 11 hours game time.

I have a nearly* full set of champion gear (only missing lightsaber) with several duplicates -which I put on my companion.

It took me 179 hours to reach max level.

Sense then It took me another 108 hours to get a full set of pvp gear, (the lightsaber I saved commendations at purchased a centurion) But in this time I also did daylies, hardmodes, operations, crafting, bsing with friends, and some other random time wasters, Not to mention I finished the gear set before getting that play time, but that is the only one I have available to check.

I achieved valor rank 36, I have a few pieces of columni gear, and my synthweaving crafted rakata gear.

I daresay you are exaggerating the time it took to get gear by a tad.

With the upcoming patch they aren't changing gear, they are making commendations easier to get, and champion drops rarer (bad choice imo, as centurion gear is crap) so it will be even faster to get a basic gear set, so what are you complaining about?

I was referring completely to getting a full Centurion set, not what you're mixing PvE and crafting in. Just overall stating that Centurion takes a ridiculously long time to get, even though it's not that great. Also, just because you were able to get a ton of champion pieces doesn't mean that's what happens for everybody. It's RNG. One person can get 10 pieces in 10 bags, another person could get 0 pieces out of 100 bags.

Edited by savionen

On a general average, assuming you did the PvP Daily, and Weekly, and enough extra games to get a bag or two you'd be getting roughly 9 commendations every 6 hours of warzones played. So, 1.5 commendations every hour.

The drop rate on champion gear is hard to tell, but let's average it out to about 15%, and I feel that's a tad generous. On average, it takes about 2 hours to get one bag.

Champion Drop Rate

There are 14 equipment slots, so assuming you got zero duplicates aside from the Relics and Implants, it would take 184 hours of warzones to gear up full Champion. However, the chances of getting a duplicate doesn't change depending on your gear. So with duplicates we're looking at hundreds and hundreds of hours, or just never.

It is technically hower also possible to never get a champion piece, since it is indeed RNG.

your estimate on how long it takes to get wins is off. for the past 2 days it has taken on average 7 hours to get 3 wins.

Champion Drop Rate

Your averages are a bit off imo. An average player who sits in the middle of the stat pack at the end of a match is gonna earn about 70 wz comms and probably only finish about 3 wz per hour on average including queue time and the 2 minute wait prior to the start.

I'd say your average joe who is busting out 5-6 and sometimes 7 medals a match is only gonna be earning his 200/200 bag at a rate of 1 per 3 hours. Excluding daillies of course.

I was one of the lucky one that got good drop rates, and i whole heartily agree that the system needs modified. 3 MHs, 2 pants, 2 offhands 2 helms, and full champ otherwise save the belt... that damn belt. If i could gift these things to another OK then i would be more ok with the system but alas no gifting.

Work should equal reward not a change of a reward. Make the grind heavy for the gear but show light at the end of the tunnel.

The title of this thread excited me. I was thinking someone had taken a decent sample size and actually tracked the data as I am very curious. Instead, the foundation of your work is a guesstimate at 15 percent. I'm sorry, but extrapolation on top of conjecture doesn't yield anything but extrapolated conjecture.

Well my experience is that 15% is a high estimate, so his numbers of length of time played to get Champion's gear is actually a low one, for me.

But my RNG luck could change in the future, who knows.

That's actually the problem with RNG (apart from it being completely stupid). Without the actual RNG hard numbers, we're just guessing. Guessing and hoping is simply frustrating.

Myself, I don't PvP much now at 50. I had 1 and bought 5 more when I dinged, and have completed the weekly each week since dinging (the warzone one - not the Ilum one as there simply aren't people on Ilum to fight, and being one of 7 Imps NASCARing around isn't at all fun). I completed the Ilum weekly once. Have purchased extra bags whenever able.

I've opened somewhere around 55 bags in total - I have 6 pieces.

Unfortunately I have gotten 2 legs and 3 implants, so I can only actually equip 4 pieces after about 55 bags - I do have those extra 2 mods in other PvE pieces, though.

So, in my experience, 15% is HIGH. Also, in my guild, there are people who have had much better luck than me, and much worse luck.

why are you guys not posting numbers? By adding the cost of your centurions, substring one cent commendation for all the champs u got, dividing by three and then adding all the champs you got on top gives you the ratio. quite a simple thing to do but people rather post angry stuff on forums than actually showing bioware that their system is ****.

Here goes my statistic: 77 bags, 26 items, 11 unique (1 unique item per 7 bags), 15 duplicates, 3 missing including weapon (farmed mostly before 1.1 "ilum" patch).

Thing is battlemaster (60) valor rank requires 40-50 hours to farm on ilum on my server. I don't see any point in farming stupid random champion bags.

Edited by Pashgan