The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

THIS is SO TRUE !

Toxsicking

There is some truth to it, and there are some things I dont agree with. I think he is right on the spot about healing animations. I healed a lot in the other MMO, and a huge part of the fun was the animations. In SWTOR you dont get any fun factor from animations.

But its okay, I just dont play a healer. Other than that I really enjoy pvp.

... healing animations?

like... i stand with a glowy ball in front of me and then throw my hands up in the air like i'm an evangelist?

yeah. always loved those.

/sarcasm off

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKYF_ZZQDE&feature=g-all-u&context=G280e043FAAAAAAAAAAA

''Full Geared pvp feels the same like you just dinged 50''

Lol, this guy is a Troll, I love the PvP it is new and refreshing, it is different than wow..and people don't want something different even though they say they do. It will not be like Daoc, but it is not WoW. Knockbacks are intended, and part of the fun.

He lost me after saying perfection was warcraft...

i'm all for respecting peoples opinions , but perfection? and then he says this .."i should be feeling a big difference when i dinged 50, and when i got this gear, and i'm not . " and then follows it up w/ " you know my heals are bigger, i have more health and players do alot less damage to me , but that doesn't change the whole game design, it doesnt change the way i heal, it doesnt give me more abilities " .....how can u take this guy seriously after those comments ?

"the flash of light coming off my body, it's fun..it's a fun way to heal!" .i hate this guy..

Ton of things I agree with but also believe they will be fixed and get better going forward. It's easy to "say" we should compare it to wow now, but the reality is, thats just not fair. WoW had that same "technology advantage" over the games that came before them and WoW still had issues to work out. It's the nature of the beast.

I will admit, all the CC in this game does get me pretty frustrated a lot of times tot eh point of raging, so I log out. It's definately overkill for my tolerances. Too much CC and not enough breaks from CC, which is different than "CC breaks". If I use my CC breaker, I should have some "immunity" to CC for X amount of time after that, maybe 5-10 seconds at least. The resolve system screams for this, since it is easily manipulated and you can keep someone under CC suppression for 30+ seconds with a small amount of coordination. Why bother using my CC breaker at all most of the time? They will just CC me again and promptly kill me. I do it to people all the time. First use a CC ability that breaks on damage and force them to use their CC breaker, then throw the 4 sec CC on them and proceed to pummel them down to under 30% health. It's boring and takes little thought or tactics to do. All this CC takes a lot away from the SWTOR fun factor for me....and "feels" like it takes no skill. Everybody has CC abilities leaking out their ears, no need to choose when to use them when there is always another one waiting to be used. My main has both soft and hard controls out the wahzoo. 2 hard holds, a KB, a stun, a slow, an interrupt, out of combat hold that lasts a freaking minute....it's a bit much.

Honestly, from a "talk" standpoint that video was pretty bad. Lots of rambling and reiterating of previous points and mixing in really minor peeves (healing animations? game 'locking up' when you open the guild tab?) among some very good points. It'd be a lot more effective if it was condensed to a 5-minute rant, tops... with the background video actually showing the issues he's talking about. He also must be the only person in the universe who finds the totem mechanic fun. :p

For casual 'hop into a warzone' pvp in a DIKU MMOG, wow ~ rift > swtor right now imo, but even then, pvp is not the point of any of the aforementioned games - and it shows. IMO all pvp in gear-based DIKU MMOGs is silly, and expecting super serious competitive pvp from these games is also silly. Guild Wars did it almost right by removing the barrier to entry and having uber gear matter very little. Blah blah [insert gushing / anticipation for Guild Wars 2 here].

THE TOO LONG DIDN'T WATCH VERSION, PLEASE READ:

SWTOR does not encourage grinding for PvP items:

2h weapon = 72 Centurion Commendations

72 Centurion Commendations = 24 PvP bags

1 PvP bag = 800 Warzone Commendations

19,200 Warzone Commendations for 2h weapon

Each warzone give an average of 70 commendations, say you win/lose half half

274 games played average for 19,200 warzone commendations

274 games on average = 68.5 hours of PVP for a 2h weapon

Also this is mentioned in the movie:

If you run forward and open your guild tab or your bags, the game will lag for 2 seconds.

Lack of interesting animations, some are cool, sith lightning attacks but that's it, boring healing animations on the mercenary

Every classes has a knockback and a stun, lack of originality and uniqueness

Ilum performance is horrible, compared to 120v120 tol barad in WoW, plus people camping at their base waiting for kills

Game lack skills because there's no cooldowns to play with, no real impact in a fight, spam spam spam

Nameplates are badly done, in pvp, it's a zergfest and it's hard to click someone on the screen

Raid frames don't always indicate correct health

Damage over time breaks flag cap in warzones.

Healing feels underdevelopped, whack-a-mole type of healing. click raid frames

Login screen load times are long even on a Solidstate Drive.

Difficult to know when a node is capped in Aldeeran compared to WoW

Your math on time is way off, it is at least 40%-50% too high.

The whole video was WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW.....

Ok kiddies, time for a lesson....

When WoW launched it was awful. There were no battlegrounds, some classes could not even complete pve content they were so broken (warlocks) and there was no "end-game".

Over the course of YEARS they added things like battlegrounds, balancing, ratings, raiding and other things that SWTOR had at launch. They also did this with almost unlimited money while launching "expansions" that were really just ways to make everything you had done previously become obsolete. Most people also don't realize there were a LOT of people that quit WoW shortly after launch due to NO CONTENT AND NO ORGANIZED PVP. Many came back after the game matured.

At this point SWTOR is about 2-3 years ahead of WoW when it launched, at 1 month after release.

If you want to go back to WoW and play the same old thing you have played for 5+ years then go do it, I promise no one will miss you. Some of us are tired of playing characters with no depth, content with no meaning and chasing the carrot on a stick that Blizzard is never going to let you have. No matter what you do in WoW, they will release an expansion that will make it obsolete, and they want you to pay for the privilege.

When WoW launched it was awful. There were no battlegrounds, some classes could not even complete pve content they were so broken (warlocks) and there was no "end-game".

Over the course of YEARS they added things like battlegrounds, balancing, ratings, raiding and other things that SWTOR had at launch. They also did this with almost unlimited money while launching "expansions" that were really just ways to make everything you had done previously become obsolete. Most people also don't realize there were a LOT of people that quit WoW shortly after launch due to NO CONTENT AND NO ORGANIZED PVP. Many came back after the game matured.

At this point SWTOR is about 2-3 years ahead of WoW when it launched, at 1 month after release.

If you want to go back to WoW and play the same old thing you have played for 5+ years then go do it, I promise no one will miss you. Some of us are tired of playing characters with no depth, content with no meaning and chasing the carrot on a stick that Blizzard is never going to let you have. No matter what you do in WoW, they will release an expansion that will make it obsolete, and they want you to pay for the privilege.

Ofcourse SWTOR has them at launch, unlike WoW they didn't have to learn by doing, they can clearly see what has worked on the MMO scene and what hasn't, the fact that WoW, a 7 year old game can compete with a well funded 2011 game is just stupid.

I can understand bugs/glitches as being written off as the game being new, but nothing else.

At this point SWTOR has more features than vanilla after 1 year. But less features than first expansion.

The balance problems in battlegrounds and world PVP is far worse than it was in WoW ever. The tarren mill zergs that came with the title farming was much better than Ilum is today.

But the breaking point for many was that the game engine WoW is on was working much better than Hero engine does. And it was working much better in the WoW beta than what we have today in SWTOR. Smooth and fluid gameplay without extra hidden cooldown and delay is really annoying.

So I would say this game is on par with what WoW was 1 year after the release and the engine on par with Anarchy Online.

People should stop ************ about SWTOR being new.

The standards have changes, you can't launch half-assed products anymore. I'm not going to feed my money to BioWare so they can add more content. Hell, fixing game breaking bugs would be nice, I heard that's what beta is for.

Rift launched 1 year ago and it was much more polished at release.

Edited by Rakimou

At this point SWTOR has more features than vanilla [WoW] after 1 year.

Combat log

Warzone Scoreboard

Responsive abilities/engine

No ability delay/stutter/GCD bugs.

Developers who would take down servers, apply hotfixes, and roll back when PvP warzone exploits were discovered.

Sure it does!

Edited by EternalFinality