The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard not cool enough

Hyocoz

Ok so our main damaging move involving tapping/slapping the enemies chest with your rifle that does more damage than our bullets / lightning / grenades. Then I remember this video >

yeah great animation except our counterpart BH have taken a page out of street fighter and have ryu's SHORRRRRRRYUUUUKEN.

Redesign plox.

Edited by Hyocoz

I agree somewhat. Almost all of our abilities come from the barrel of our rifle, meanwhile Powertechs shoots fire and rockets from their wrist while pistol whipping and punching people and hovering on their jetpacks.

We also constantly run with our rifle up which looks somewhat awkward when you strafe/turn in PvP.

However i think that the Trooper has better aesthetics in the long run. You can get yourself a neat Republic Commando look from as early as lvl15 onward. For a Bounty Hunter all the decent Mandalorian armors start appearing only after lvl35~

Rocket Punch is one of the lamest looking abilities I have ever seen.

My vanguard is using the tallest female body type and I'm smashing my rifle butt down on people's faces, not their chests.

And you're a soldier, not a flashy gun-for-hire. You're trained to kill people, not to show off.

Rocket Punch is one of the lamest looking abilities I have ever seen.

My vanguard is using the tallest female body type and I'm smashing my rifle butt down on people's faces, not their chests.

And you're a soldier, not a flashy gun-for-hire. You're trained to kill people, not to show off.

Rocket punch is a manga.move laugh... i love Stockstrike... its the Image of a "Shut up, Citizen Sith".

And a rifle > some pistol.

Vanguards are cool!

The point is not which is cooler, Stockstrike or Rocket Punch, but that Bounty Hunter Powertechs have a much wider array of animations in their skills, and thus is a more varied class in playstyle visually. Meanwhile the Trooper shoots 90% of their skills from the barrel of the rifle from the same position.

Animations and such is just for looks and as most people are pleased with them but of course would like an improvement its hard to take this thread completely serious. Especially when there are more serious issues with gameplay and etc.

Not saying looks isnt important because it clearly is but most people think the trooper animations are alright and some are cool, which means they probably wont work on them right away. If something needs improvent on its looks its clearly some of the sets.

I don't care for Ion pulse which all specs will use 100 million times. I don't understand how when they put together the conceptual meeting for troopers they came up with ten meter tazer spam and grav rounds. Troopers shoot blasters the main attacks for both ACs should be blaster fire.

Even a shotgun I could deal with better for the guns in melee idea but the lighting is just out of left park.

First time I saw the spinning flying uppercut I started laughing. Vanguards use an actual military assault technique while Powertechs use something an untrained person would come up with.

Who needs training if you punch with the force of 2 Rockets? ^^

^^

This. There is a great feeling when in PvP someone is running away thinking "Phew I got away from that!" and then all of a sudden find themselves hurtling back to the group.

Also When I am tanking a Boss or running around an arena I must admit that I am not really looking at the animations. Sure they are cool and all but I am focused on my rotation.

Rocket punch is a manga.move laugh... i love Stockstrike... its the Image of a "Shut up, Citizen Sith".

And a rifle > some pistol.

Vanguards are cool!

This :D

The blaster rifle >>> pistol.

Though, Rocke Punch is better with the sound than I expected. It is not a Shoryuken but a damn strike powered by a jetpack (and jetpacks are cool, aren't they ?)

Grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

I'm a powertech and I am always envy when I see a vanguard in full trooper armor, the armor actually match and doesn't look like some junkyawd pieces put together.

Not to mention that riffle... I want a riffle!!! Why do I need to use such big armor with a stupid silly blaster pistol? :(

Shockstrike > Rocket Punch

and for pvp, spammable flame thing covers your whole target for a moment, sometimes you can miss them in the crowd when more people are together and you spam that..

The only problem with Stock Strike is that WE USE IT TOO MUCH, especially if shield spec (potentially every 4.5 seconds I think). I like the way the vanguard plays, but damn it'd be cooler if we could fire a shotgun as our go-to attack in CQC. Take it away from those pansy operatives; they don't know how to use it from the front any way.

I'm ok with stock strike as an occasional ability, i.e. it serves a specific purpose, heck, it could have been our interrupt or a finisher, but as ability that I'm pretty much using twice in a 5 second window, it is very meh. Honestly I think they should have made gut a baseline ability, or give us a gut like ability that's used instead of stock strike, thats much better then what we currently have.

I don't care for Ion pulse which all specs will use 100 million times. I don't understand how when they put together the conceptual meeting for troopers they came up with ten meter tazer spam and grav rounds. Troopers shoot blasters the main attacks for both ACs should be blaster fire.

Even a shotgun I could deal with better for the guns in melee idea but the lighting is just out of left park.

x10

I must have missed the scenes in the movies where Stormtroopers ran around shooting lightning at rebels and sprinting through blaster fire to butt them in the face with their gun.