Revan had already fallen to the Dark Side... again.

WhoDaresWins

You know what would be both sad and hillarious? (sad because its lame but hillarious in a cosmic sort of way because Revan would be all like, oh ****, I just screwed myself over!) Revan succeeds in launching something that will kill of all purebloods whether it be more droids, a virus, etc.. and the Sith Emperor manages to contact Revan with telepathy and say "I am your father."

I would laugh for like ten seconds and then I would cry for about 10 minutes after realizing that the writers just shafted all credibility that Revan ever had as a decent character.

Again which sith lord would this be? Naga Shadow was the sith lord he died at the end of the hyper space war, after that the empire (which also was non exsistant at this point in time) went into hiding on such worlds as Korriban and Nar Shadda which werent known through out the galaxy nor were they known to the republic..l oddly enough Nal Hutta (Homeworld of the Hutts) not hutta was no where near these planets..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't OMGHATE Bioware too much. While yes, Revan went insane, it was clear that while he was affecting Emperor Vitiates mind, The Emperor was affecting Revans mind as well. It's a sad end for the character, but there's no happy ending when Obsidian made KOtOR2 and sent him off into the unknown regions to fight the 'true sith' which he obviously would fail to do, being that the Sith are around thousands of years later.

Think about it... it's Just a big IF... but imo they wouldn't keep him alive for him to die in a flashpoint... He deserves a (BIG) operation.

I like to think they knocked him down early (don't forget he does have a hardmode version to if that makes you feel any better) to stop the speculation about him being somewhere in some high end op or anywhere else.

Revan now is nothing more than an achievement in my codex that grants a pretty cool title (The Unmasked) I am satisfied with that.

Yet when you fight Revan as of right now on the Foundry his "Lightsaber Stance" Buff says Balance of the Force.

Yeah then when his hp starts getting low it switches to "POWER OF THE DARK SIDE". With all his talk of finding balance and clarity he falls to the dark side AGAIN.

Edited by lokdron

I emailed Drew Karpyshyn recently and asked him a few questions, here are the ones related to Revan's final fate (and his possible reappearance in the future):

Q: Did Revan really fall to the dark side again? How come he wants to commit genocide and exterminate the whole race? And how is that possible that Republic is supporting him in doing so - it's against all principles that the jedi believe in. And there are jedi aboard the foundry, along with republic troops.

A: Revan always walked on the edge of light and dark, and being corrupted by the Emperor's presence for 300 years did push him over in that direction. However, that doesn't mean he can't be redeemed again later - remember, you never see him die; he just vanishes. We left that door open on purpose.

Q: After the Foundry encounter, Revan speaks the same line as Malak did during his demise on the Starforge. Is this some sort of homage to Malak or? If yes, it kind of confirms that he fell to the Dark Side.

A: It's more of an homage than proof of anything.

Q: Is there a chance that you will ever write another book related to Revan? For example about his childhood, how Kreia found him and how he became a jedi. It would be great to find out more about him. We know that he came from the outer rim and that Revan was in fact not his real name (it was revealed in TOR: "Revan - it is not my real name, it never was, but it will do).

A: Nothing planned right now, but you never know what the future holds.

After reading the sentence I outlined, I am sure that we will see more of Revan in the future. Just can't wait! Revan will come back and will kick some major ***! :D

Oh, and according the outlined quote, Revan's actions were actually not grey but dark, just as I thought: "...and being corrupted by the Emperor's presence for 300 years did push him over in that direction".

Edited by Deviss

I emailed Drew Karpyshyn recently and asked him a few questions, here are the ones related to Revan's final fate (and his possible reappearance in the future):

Q: Did Revan really fall to the dark side again? How come he wants to commit genocide and exterminate the whole race? And how is that possible that Republic is supporting him in doing so - it's against all principles that the jedi believe in. And there are jedi aboard the foundry, along with republic troops.

A: Revan always walked on the edge of light and dark, and being corrupted by the Emperor's presence for 300 years did push him over in that direction. However, that doesn't mean he can't be redeemed again later - remember, you never see him die; he just vanishes. We left that door open on purpose.

Q: After the Foundry encounter, Revan speaks the same line as Malak did during his demise on the Starforge. Is this some sort of homage to Malak or? If yes, it kind of confirms that he fell to the Dark Side.

A: It's more of an homage than proof of anything.

Q: Is there a chance that you will ever write another book related to Revan? For example about his childhood, how Kreia found him and how he became a jedi. It would be great to find out more about him. We know that he came from the outer rim and that Revan was in fact not his real name (it was revealed in TOR: "Revan - it is not my real name, it never was, but it will do).

A: Nothing planned right now, but you never know what the future holds.

After reading the sentence I outlined, I am sure that we will see more of Revan in the future. Just can't wait! Revan will come back and will kick some major ***! :D

Oh, and according the outlined quote, Revan's actions were actually not grey but dark, just as I thought: "...and being corrupted by the Emperor's presence for 300 years did push him over in that direction".

Thank you and Mr. Karpyshyn for this great information. However, after falling to the dark side twice (fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ... ) I'm having a hard time seeing Revan as anything else than just another Force freak who's lost it.

Still, I very much anticipate what hes final fate will be.

It sums up my whole issue with Revan in TOR. Now he is just exact copy of Skywalker. Even worse, bc Anakin had been only manipulated, nor brainwashed.

Hopefully, Drew will not be given chance to write Revan early days. More skilled author should be given a chance. In fact it is a pity, Drew is leaving gaming industry. I really enjoyed his games, but only one of his books(first Bane). But of course it is only my opinion.

• 4 months later...
Lets put this into perspective:

Revan was building an unstoppable - infinite - army of droids that were intended to stop the Sith Empire once and for all. How do they do this? Wipe out the Sith? That also meant wiping out ANYBODY with a trickle of Sith blood in their veins and to quote HK-47 that meant roughly 97% of the Imperial population. Sith Lords, soldiers, CIVILIANS, even defectors to the Republic (like Elara Dorne in the Trooper storyline). Billions of innocents born on the wrong side of the pond massacred to "save lives".

That is not something a Jedi would do unless they have gone off the deep end towards the Dark Side.

Revan's "mastery" of both the Light and Dark side of the Force was false. Multiple sources state that you cannot use both. Once you get a taste of the good stuff (err, bad) and don't change your ways you are going to keep falling and falling. I think this was intentional on BioWare's part rather than an oversight in the lore. Revan had deluded himself into believing he had mastery over both Light and Dark, he assumed that because he had been redeemed once already it was not going to happen to him again. The truth is that he already had. Being used as the Emperor's slush puppy for three hundred years likely didn't do much for his mental state and the only thing that kept him from going totally batty was the Exile slipping in the odd image of rainbows and puppies where possible.

"I'm doing this to save lies, not for glory!"

"I've saved the Republic twice before!"

Sound familiar? Revan was always somebody who did whatever it took to win. As he fell the first time, he was willing to throw Republic lives away in order to overwhelm the Mandalorians finally coming to a head at Malachor IV. No doubt back then Revan was doing it all to save the Republic - a necessary sacrifice - it was history repeating itself.

Revan was falling down an all too familiar dark path. He was insane and he was deluded. He had no 'mastery' over Light and Dark, he had been redeemed once and thought he could never go down that path again. Whoops. Without trying to prod and poke the Revan fanboys too much I rather like the way things went down; it made him fundamentally flawed and true to his roots rather than the much dumber option of just making him a totally redeemed, amazing, shining, paragon of truth and justice.

Good show.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I've been saying this the whole time... Except for the part about not being able to use both sides of the Force. You cannot master them, but you can use them. Look up the Je'daii.

Revan is insane when you meet him on the Foundry. Personally I think his personality has fragmented, a reasonable assumption considering that it has bee rewritten four times. 1 - the Emperor to make Revan his tool. 2- Revan in order to escape said programming. 3- the Jedi to 'redeem' him and because they needed his mind and power. 4- Revan again to escape the Council's program. Then you have the Revanchist persona he created ("Who I am is not important; my message is.") and THEN he's imprisoned for 300 years fighting a mental battle with an Emperor who is trying to reprogram his mind AGAIN. No, he's not sane.

To add insult to injury he's playing into Vitiate's hands. Why? Because Vitiate needs to perform a ritual that will render him immortal. What does the ritual require? Countless innocent deaths. What will happen if Revan's plan succeeds? Well, he'll kill out at least TWO sentient species (b/c the Myke are genetically cousins to the Sith) several groups who are not aware of the war (think the Keshiri Sith) anyone descended from the Sith taken by the Je'daii 20000 + years before, and anyone in the Empire or any defector from the Empire who happens to have some Sith blood. I think Vitiate gets his sacrifice. Why are we asked to stop him? Because the Emperor was a trifle indisposed and could not perform the ritual. We aren't really supposed to STOP Revan; we're supposed to DELAY him. Fortunately we win and Vitiate loses. And Revan disappears...

As a Consular I want a quest to help Revan heal his mind. During this quest he becomes my teacher and a permanent companion. And yes, you would have the option to draw him further into Darkness...

Some of the grammar in these posts hurts my brain.

That said, I agree that Revan fell to the Dark Side and am proud of the necessary leap taken to make this character a true tragedy all the way to the end(?).

I am going to disagree though that he was insane. Fallen does not equal insane, although definitely it equals irrational in some choices from the moral perspective of Jedi philosophy. I am not sure whether Revan really went insane or whether he simply did what sounded rational to him and necessary. I think it is a tough call since it is ambiguous and leaves a lot of elbow room for interpretation.

However, he had definitely fallen into the Dark Side's clutches. That is for sure.

Edited by Forgon