best spec for last 10-12 levels?

Botzman

Hi all,

I played 38 levels of assassin, tried all 3 specs, don't really have a favorite. Each one has its pluses and minuses. So my question for all you high level assassins, what spec would be best to use for the last 10-12 levels?

Thank you!

I've only ever used Darkness, so I can't compare this to the other Assassin specs. But in comparison to the other characters I have, I find tank specs to be the easiest to level with, and by a long way. The reason is, as a tank, you can leave you companion to do whatever they please, knowing they'll never out-threat you, and rarely (if ever) take damage. As a healer or dps, you're expecting your companion to control the fight on your behalf. If you let them die, you know you're next. For soloing, tanks are much less micro-managey. That's the way I see it anyway.

I'm a 43 Sin right now and I am deception spec'd. I have no problem taking multiple mobs and elites down with Khem Val tanking.

But as the previous poster said if Khem Val goes down, which is rare, (if you gear him out), I can always cloak

I've been leveling most of the way with a hybrid madness/darkness spec which is good for AOE dps and tanking. If you get low on health with a quest boss or a champion, you can use Khem Val and activate his taunt. Otherwise, I keep his taunts deactivated and only use them when I am low on health. If I remember to do it.. it's rare that I find a fight I can't win.

I am around the last 10 levels myself. My spec does get kind of dull after a while in my opinion, and I am also interested if other's have had more fun or better luck with a different build for the last 10 or so levels.

With a good team I feel comfortable with tanking (as a 32) Elites of one level bellow while the group focuses on others. As Darkness the DPS is still satisfactory for the most part. Not only was I killing faster than the 36 Jugg, we were in Alderaan's Area 4 weeding our way through with just our companions.

So I guess it depends how you approach a fight. I like to think Darkness is my favorite tree spec and I'm usually a person who hates tanking. Only do it because as far as Lord Adraas is concerned, there aren't too many MTs for HMs.

Just about to get 50. Been using the 23/0/18 build. You can get 23/0/10 at 42 which is still a strong setup with chain shock.

Also using Ashara. With good gear and two updated epic hilts she takes down normal/silver mobs as fast as I do and she has good defense with saber ward. Andronikos is good, but he has long gaps between a lot of his shots and I don't like running down mobs that aggro to him.

Andronikos is good, but he has long gaps between a lot of his shots and I don't like running down mobs that aggro to him.

Yeah, all too often I see Andronikos do his long cast Power Shot against an enemy with a sliver health left, where a single autoshot would do it. Really ineffective. I too prefer Ashara.

Though since I got Talos, I find it hard to give him up. Going from pull to pull with 100% health with my brain totally switched off is nice sometimes.

Just about to get 50. Been using the 23/0/18 build. You can get 23/0/10 at 42 which is still a strong setup with chain shock.

Also using Ashara. With good gear and two updated epic hilts she takes down normal/silver mobs as fast as I do and she has good defense with saber ward. Andronikos is good, but he has long gaps between a lot of his shots and I don't like running down mobs that aggro to him.

I agree with this. I'm playing Darkness/Madness hybrid, and using Ashara. For the last couple of planets, I've been about 3 levels behind the recommended levels, and I've had no problems at all. Mobs die quickly, and it's pretty rare I get close to death.

I was fighting +4 level mobs on Voss earlier(was level 41 at the time). Because of the level difference, I was starting to get some misses/resists. I was still slaughtering everything. I was even fighting +4 level golds without difficulty. Most of the time I didn't even need to use a medpac.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.