My thoughts on Marauder PvP

yokubou

Its only applied to you group, its not ops wide.

What are you trying to say by this post ? I will have people who need my speed buff in my group. Everyone doesn't need it, just the ball carriers.

Edited by yokubou

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you trying to say by this post ? I will have people who need my speed buff in my group. Everyone doesn't need it, just the ball carriers.

he is saying that it only applys to the ppl around you not the whole warzone team if some are far away... but that is irrelivant

Well that's the point. In order to be as effective as an assassin or sorc that presses 3-5 buttons the whole game, reaching for the occasional 6-8th; we have to press 8-10 and reach for 11-14 on a continual basis. I think some of the skills need to be collapsed together or made passive (i.e. fold mortal strike into vicious slash, crippling slow into force scream, stick cloak of pain into predation or saber ward (or make it passive and reduce the numbers a bit), etc...). Edited by Anbokr

Well that's the point. In order to be as effective as an assassin or sorc that presses 3-5 buttons the whole game, reaching for the occasional 6-8th; we have to press 8-10 and reach for 11-14 on a continual basis. I think some of the skills need to be collapsed together or made passive (i.e. fold mortal strike into vicious slash, crippling slow into force scream, stick cloak of pain into predation or saber ward (or make it passive and reduce the numbers a bit), etc...).

But that doesn't make the class Weaker or Underpowered does it? That's the whole point. People are saying they are weak and underpowered not hard to play.

I believe Marauders are the best class to have on Huttball.

I would disagree. 6 sorcs + 2 assassins is the best team comp imho. Sorcs set up the pull trains, 1 assassin carries the ball, 1 assassin sits at the spawn line and plays "goalkeeper" for your team.

Without cooldowns Marauders are very squishy. Add to that two of the three specs have no healing/heal on 2min cd; all specs are easily kited; the burst is lower than other classes, the sustained damage is mid-to-high compared to other classes.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Marauder, and tend to do well in what we are: damage, but we are by no means in a good position when it comes to BW's plan for pvp. You, me, or any forum poster might be able to be top 3 dmg, cap the ball twenty times a round, or hold off a group of republicans trying to bomb teh base, but that doesn't account for the rest of the 99% who can't. Those people can roll a sorc/op/merc and press three buttons to win; and it's not a minor difference, it's hugely noticeable. Marauders require more attention/work to do comparable, at best, or less than the other classes.

Marauders aren't balanced. They can succeed when played right, but other classes in the same hands would do better (and be a greater asset to the team).

A Mara is only good as a Ball carrier if his team supports him, there are very few classes that can be a good ball carrier and rely on there own skills, inquis with there speed and shield, Tanks for there reduced damage, other classes have to rely on there teammates in order to really score.

As for What kodakai was saying, Yeah getting owned by 2 sorc sucks, you cant take one 2 at a time and say we are squishy, you were out numbered, and that isnt the classes fault, you were unlucky or unaware they were together and got killed because of it, move along.

LOL Learn to play casuals.... Such a dumb remark. Most people that play are casual, so if most people are complaining and they are casual, but other casuals are having fun with other classes, then there's a problem. Yes, of course some people will love their mara, they completed all the content in 4 days, then got full battlemasters and are making videos of them owning with their mara, big surprise, clearly it is your job to play this game. Fine whatever, but for everyone else who only have a few hours A WEEK to play this game, marauders get steam rolled and other classes dont. A casual player will enjoy another class because it is easier? Maybe, but he will enjoy it because he can actually have fun with that class and do well and not get owned and do sad damage. Therefore, there is a problem.

PS, most people dont ever go on or post on these forums, when a thread gets 2k views or posts on it its like OMG EVERYONE is PISSED. No they are not, that is a very small percentage of people that play the game.

Yes, of course some people will love their mara, they completed all the content in 4 days, then got full battlemasters and are making videos of them owning with their mara, big surprise, clearly it is your job to play this game. Fine whatever, but for everyone else who only have a few hours A WEEK to play this game, marauders get steam rolled and other classes dont. A casual player will enjoy another class because it is easier? Maybe, but he will enjoy it because he can actually have fun with that class and do well and not get owned and do sad damage. Therefore, there is a problem.

You just admited the Casuals need to L2P to be able to play as well as those who power leveled through the game to 50. Marauders have alot of potential. This class is not easy to play, This has been reiterated over and over again, even by BW. Players who spent all that time really did there homework on the class and worked hard to get where they wanted are rewarded by knowing there ****. Your claiming those that dont play as much should be given an easy button in some way or form to stay on par.

Sadly thats probably whats going to happen. BW will do something to make the vast majority of baddies have an easier time in PvP, while those of us who are the best and do great in PvP will only get better with said changes. Then this whole process starts all over again with the disparity getting even bigger.

What needs to Happen:

Casuals needs to spend more time researching there class and less time complaining they arent good enough.

PS, most people dont ever go on or post on these forums, when a thread gets 2k views or posts on it its like OMG EVERYONE is PISSED. No they are not, that is a very small percentage of people that play the game.

i dont even know why you said this....

Edited by AcaciaDragon

I would disagree. 6 sorcs + 2 assassins is the best team comp imho. Sorcs set up the pull trains, 1 assassin carries the ball, 1 assassin sits at the spawn line and plays "goalkeeper" for your team.

that is the most pathetic way to win imo and iv seen those assasins that think they are clever in pulling you up to auto kill u.. it dont work when u know its comming.

Marauders have a significantly higher skill cap than anything else I've played to do well. But in doing so, they don't perform better than others. Difficult to play can easily mean to some that it is inherently weaker, regardless of whether you argue semantics and definitions. A lot of this is subjective and one person may see that disparity in performance at differing skill levels as a balance issue, ie "marauders are weak!" People also don't like investing a significant amount of time into something only to find out later that the class is more difficult to play well for comparable returns as other classes. There is no warning that pops up at character creation or specialization selection that says, "Warning: Do not play choose this unless you have 10 fingers on each hand or are a gaming god, otherwise you'll suck at it." I'm being facetious, but to dismiss peoples claims based on this kind of argument is silly.

I've also seen a few people in the thread claim that bioware intends marauders to be a higher skill cap class. I'd love to see someone show me where bioware stated that. I'm interested in their design philosophies and that would be a nice piece of insight. Though I doubt they stated as such, or did so in the context that's being used in this thread.

Marauders are hard to play. That is your problem.

At first I was smashed in nearly every warzone, barely could do anything. I started reading Marauder forums, that they are weak, underpowered etc. I started believing it.

I played more and more, getting better and better.

Now all I have to say - I LOVE MY MARAUDER. What the hell are you people talking ? No utility ? Squishy ? Are you mad ? I only die 2-3 times in each warzone and if i focus on DPS i am in top3 dps.

But I usually score balls in hutball with my 80% speed Predation. I am playing Annihilation. Which is the spec I recommend you play in PvP. Carnage is ok, you can get constant 3.5-4k crits with Scream, but that's about it and plus it is very Rage consuming spec. It's not worth for the 2 roots. I won't say nothing about Rage, since it's the worst spec ever.

I sometimes melt enemies in 5-6 seconds when I have my berserk on.

Squishy ? Stealth, Undying Rage, AoE Fear, Predation, Saber Ward. You can escape 1v5 situations easy with upgraded Predation.

You just need to play more your Marauder and L2P. You have to use all skills, marauders have a lot of them. I Actually use twice as more Keybidings than on my sorcerer.

To be exact I actively use 25 Key bindings and that is not counting Adrenals/Relics/Bloodthirst/Frenzy which i also bind.

Buttons I use are - 123456 QERTYFGXV SHIFT+QERTFGXV F1F2F3F4F5F6

YES, IT IS HARDER TO PLAY AS A MARAUDER TO BE GOOD, BUT IT IS REWARDING

I can post screenshots from the games I have if you want.

If you want an easy class, go play another class and stop filling up forum with your cries.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

TL;DR Marauders are fine, L2P Casuals.

Now i like to ask what valor rank are you.. And how Can u say L2p casuels how dó dare to sit there and judge , it make looks you like a god damn fool, you have no idea what People's have done

You have no idea how sits out there .. Show mé you valor rank pre iium crap

I dó fine in pvp and valor rank 59 no iium cheating .

But i dó see problems

A Jugg cam dó the same A's you can .. I like you to see u vs a Jugg same skils and have 21000 hitpoints vs mine full gear champ 15000 ca. He have more cc in you

The problems i have

1. Cooldowns to long

2. Bonus set are a joke Try to see a Juggs set

3. Other class Can crit for 6-7 k with 1 key i need to hit more , i don't have a problem with that

But here is the Thing IS IT FAIR? , you need 30 fury if frenzy is om cool Down need to run around to use my aoe to get fury again is it fair , yes i Can dó good damge , but dos it help if you cant deliver it, I need my beskerk for 100% crit of my dots

4. Otters can the same A's you and they have more cc in u don't come and talk of u small fear its joke and choker . A's soon i see a marauder use it , just Interrupt him ooh other class, have 2 dps tress and 1 healing or takning ..

5. Reslove bar is a joke

6. To meny bugs try runing up and Press Youre anhi 3 times and ability delay kicks in

7. Why use medium armor When we are a warrior class ask mé that shocklock homes

8. Try to play vs a sniper WHO have end ame gear and 4 ways to cc Youre Sorry *** and knows what hes doing Booohooo 4 sec steath lol

So dit i really QQ about class not really i QQ about the game and how buggy it is and the other class can dó the same dps A's you , if it was not for the 4 sec steath and immune to dmg in steath i delete my fully set t2/3 pve and full set champ gear marauder

In pve the clas's is fine but we have problems in pvp u know why shocklock homes

There to much cc and the reslove bar don't work..

My guild and i clear karag and EV in 1 day both in normal and HM only missing Soa HM .

Rest is on farm and even other guildies, WHO have been playing for years and most Them are BMs says the class is missing something .

Sorry my spelling sucks but i am hospital on my iPad with back problems

Know what I have to do to be successful as a Mercenary?

Find a corner

Spam Tracers/Heatseakers/Railshots

The disparity between what it takes to succeed as a Marauder vs Mercenary is just one example (albeit the most extreme) of why they're changing things.

After the changes, Marauders will still be awesome when geared. They just won't be as stupidly cumbersome in some scenarios.

Marauders don't have a lot of skills.

I would say go try WoW, but sadly, WoW Warriors don't have many skills either after they removed Intercept, moved some abilities to be for tanking tree only (like Shield Slam - used to press a keybind to use 1 hander+shield and dispell a priest's bubble on focused target) and most importantly - stance dancing.

Yay for MMORPGs getting more retarded for Call of Duty crowd - press W to move and press LMB to fire, that's two buttons you'll ever need.

G fu***** G

Edited by Deviltreh

Yeah well i can see where your coming from with this. I still find my assassin to be more pleasing to play simply because my two main dmg abilities are 10m range which is more comfortable to me personally. Of course that's not an issue with the marauder per se, he's melee, naturally.

I would however be much happier with it if they lowered the rage cost of annihilate, make it say 4 rage instead of 5 or something.

Well you can make fun of her all you want, I'm from the same server ( The Ravanger - EU) and I was with Hanako in a few Random PvP groups

we won sometimes we lost another times but I never saw her to be a Free Frag like me (I'm a marauder too, Rank 24 )

And like her there are others. Marauders who mastered the marauder class because I saw those good players, you can do the same learn to play or just don't enter in warzones wishing a buff for u or a nerf for others.

Hanako and other Marauders, I really want learn more about how to play this class in PvP, can you post your build or make a guide for a noob like me?