ez fix for us to be balanced in pvp

Pherrot

Pommel Strike, Savage kick? Why the hell you want 2 of these useless skills to work in PvP ? I wouldn't bother wasting my GCD on these skills and I have plenty of skills I can use instead.

And how 2 damaging skills are going to make you Balanced ? I hope you are trolling, sir.

And why do you want to fix a class which is fine ?

Pommel Strike, Savage kick? Why the hell you want 2 of these useless skills to work in PvP ? I wouldn't bother wasting my GCD on these skills and I have plenty of skills I can use instead.

And how 2 damaging skills are going to make you Balanced ? I hope you are trolling, sir.

And why do you want to fix a class which is fine ?

FYI, neither of those 'stupid' skills cost rage and neither do they cause the GCD to activate. They're totally free damage.

Now, apologize.

FYI, neither of those 'stupid' skills cost rage and neither do they cause the GCD to activate. They're totally free damage.

Now, apologize.

I did not call them stupid.

They don't waste GCD? Really ? I never even bothered buying them.

Free damage is good, but still - this idea is really clumsy.

I'd prefer intimidating roar(?) either be changed into a knockback or a non break on damage stun.

Heavy Armor.

I dont even know how to explain how annoying it is to get most of your HP syphoned off my one force lightning.

I see you are not that good Marauder player. Knockback ? Tell me one reason why you would want to knockback targets if in your whole fight you need to stay near them.

Heavy armor is overrated. It won't give you that much more survivability than you have now.

You sure have problems with those force lightnings, can you post your build, good sir ?

I see you are not that good Marauder player. Knockback ? Tell me one reason why you would want to knockback targets if in your whole fight you need to stay near them.

Heavy armor is overrated. It won't give you that much more survivability than you have now.

You sure have problems with those force lightnings, can you post your build, good sir ?

You know juggers/marauder are thee best ball runners right?

You think too black & white.

Edited by Kodokai

heavy armor is a good idea as well. the instant stun improves our survivability and would allow us to damage while stunned. The non GCD, rage free, high damage attacks from pommel and kick would improve our burst and need to rely on rage to do damge. The idea was specifically to be an easy fix, hence the title. If i thought bio would do some crazy really complicated complete reword of marauder I would have thought of one - but its not likely.

You know juggers/marauder are thee best ball runners right?

You think too black & white.

his retort( which half the times makes no sense) is black and white... *** does huttball have to do with this? a knockback really dude? i had thot better of you.... now if anything ill take the aoe stun as a no dmg breaker anyday as for the other skills... they just clash with the priority of each spec

a knockdown or stun that can take dmg would be nice as of that nothing is needed... wana survive? learn how to prioritize you cd's

Edited by Warlordomega

Its so funny to read peoples post that are saying OMGZ you must suck cause you have an idea! The mara class is a bit broken! Why would we want a knock back.. because everyone other class has one? have you ever played hutt ball? Why would he want a stun that doesnt make us get our *** kicked while we cast it.. well cause everyone else does... and would we want some of our best skills to be used in pvp.. wait, you guessed cause it becuase every other class gets too lol

IMO i kinda agree with the choke thing, although im immortal spec, so i dont care really :p but it is kinda BS were the only class without and instant stun unless talented, and were the only pure mellee class (SW, both ACs are)

What i would KILL for is a ranged interupt,like everyone else. and for unleash to make us immune to CC and roots for 3-5 sec after use. breaking CC/snare just to be CC/snared again 1 sec after is the worst.

Also, a force pull like BH/trooers grapple would make me so happy :p ..... its not like we dont have the force or anything...

Edited by XplaguesX

Make force choke instant 4 sec stun like everyone else, fix pummel strike so it works in pvp, fix that stupid kick ability that doesnt work either.

Done.

A) pommel strike, and the stupid kick ability are not broken, they are intended to work in pvp, so they dont need to be fixed (especially if they cost no rage and dont activate the GCD, that would be OP as hell in pvp)

B) any marauder worth his weight in dog poo uses about 30 abilities on a regular basis, the last thing we need is 2 more damage abilities

C) dont change force choke, if they made it instant cast 4 sec as a base part of the skill it would be OP due to the damage involved, and they would need to remove the damage

none of these would fix anything, they would just make us way too strong, force choke + pommel strike would be worse than operative openers

I agree with the force choke change, however I think only the rage tree should have the instant force choke. They just need to collapse some of these attacks into our main rotation: vicious throw and crippling slash need to be removed, and their effects separately folded into force scream and vicious slash). Cloak of pain needs to get stuffed into saber ward or predation or just be made into a passive talent low into one of the trees.

C) dont change force choke, if they made it instant cast 4 sec as a base part of the skill it would be OP due to the damage involved, and they would need to remove the damage

Force choke damage sucks though. And it sucks as a channeled stun that can be interrupted. I would much rather have an instant 4sec stun so I can actually use higher damage abilities while my target is being incapacitated (like every other class with a stun has is able to do). Also, the inquisitor ability: electrocute, is an instant(non channeled) 30m stun that does damage. /shrugs..

Stuns are suppose to give defensive or offensive perks when used. A) you can stun your target to keep yourself from dying (stun your target and run away), B) you can stun your target to do dmg and try to kill them

As it stands now, the target would have to be at below ~4k hp's(which would be a ridiculous amount of total damage for a force choke) to actually finish them off with a choke. Force choke doesn't even work as a defensive ability because you are rooting yourself in place while stunning your target..

If you don't like the idea of force choke being a normal instant stun ability then at least increase the damage to make it actually helpful.

Edited by Ekryth

his retort( which half the times makes no sense) is black and white... *** does huttball have to do with this? a knockback really dude? i had thot better of you.... now if anything ill take the aoe stun as a no dmg breaker anyday as for the other skills... they just clash with the priority of each spec

a knockdown or stun that can take dmg would be nice as of that nothing is needed... wana survive? learn how to prioritize you cd's

Like i said you think too black & white. Knockbacks have so many advantages in countless scenarios.

You never bothered buying them but you still think you're in the position to judge them.

Heh.

pommel strike, and the stupid kick ability are not broken, they are intended to work in pvp, so they dont need to be fixed (especially if they cost no rage and dont activate the GCD, that would be OP as hell in pvp)

I don't believe that either pommel strike or savage kick (or -any- class specific proc ability) are available to use in PvP.

These proc abilities are available when certain conditions are met in a PvE situations. If anything, BioWare could clarify on the respective ability's tooltip.

I don't believe that either pommel strike or savage kick (or -any- class specific proc ability) are available to use in PvP.

These proc abilities are available when certain conditions are met in a PvE situations. If anything, BioWare could clarify on the respective ability's tooltip.

None of them work on elite or greater mobs, players are classified as elite or greater and therefore do not work on them.

That said, I sure would love to be able to Force Leap -> Deadly Saber mid flight -> Savage Kick -> Battering Assault -> Annihilate for some nice bursty deeps.

Like i said you think too black & white. Knockbacks have so many advantages in countless scenarios.

Your not thinking long term, a Knockback would give us the ability to lock a caster out 7 times in a row.

Disturbance > Choke > Disturbance > Intimidating Roar > Disturbance > Knockback > Disturbance

All casters will be crying for a nerf.

I think he mistyped or has no idea what hes talking about

In PvE the best time to use Savage kick is right after force charge, try it, it looks cool to go all Chuck Norris on that mobs ***

Edited by AcaciaDragon

Your not thinking long term, a Knockback would give us the ability to lock a caster out 7 times in a row.

Disturbance > Choke > Disturbance > Intimidating Roar > Disturbance > Knockback > Disturbance

All casters will be crying for a nerf.

considering choke alone takes up 3/4 of the resolve bar so after roar knockback will be useless.

Edited by Kodokai

considering choke alone takes up 3/4 of the resolve bar so after roar knockback will be useless.

I was giving an example, the order of which can be adjusted to optimize resolve bar, still we can already lock out a caster 5 times if done right. We wont be given a knockback, nor will it fix us.

If you're going to argue about things you don't know anything about, leave the discussion.

Force Choke should work the way it does for Juggernauts and provide a 4 second stun. Savage Kick and Pommel Strike don't have any place in PvP, they're boring abilities that don't go well with the class.

Marauders don't need a damage buff, our damage is just fine for at least Annihilation and Rage (not considering Carnage). We need utility in the form of a stun, gap closer, and/or knockback.

Edited by Arynai