The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err.... Ok....

No "Err... Ok...". If you think that SWTOR was published broken and unfinished, then you should stop playing MMOs altogether, because you would vainly be waiting for the aforementioned Perfect MMO which will bever be published.

Server merges just lead to lower player numbers and more server merges. It's a death spiral from which there will be no escape. It just sends the wrong message.

Hmm - thanks for the clarification.

On the basis of this, I have decided to cancel , because I realise that there will be no server mergers, and I don't feel like playing a single player MMO.

Of course server pop is dropping, wanna know why? Read these boards.

The generation of me-me-nao-nao aren't getting their pampering so they are quitting in droves. Problem is, they can never be pleased. This is what happens when you put games into the hands of non-gamers acting like gamers.

Server merges just lead to lower player numbers and more server merges. It's a death spiral from which there will be no escape. It just sends the wrong message.

completely baseless statement. that being said i would prefer character transfer option first over server merging to avoid guild name hassle.

Hmm - thanks for the clarification.

On the basis of this, I have decided to cancel , because I realise that there will be no server mergers, and I don't feel like playing a single player MMO.

Why not you go and sub a game that has done them? Like WAR. It has... 4 servers in the entire world left? Or play DCU for free, it has done the same and has... 8 left or something like that. Or RIFT, on reduced subscription currently, that has closed down approximately 100 servers and whose most servers are still Light through the day... :rolleyes:

Server merges are not a cure, they make the disease worse.

SWTOR needs new marketing campaigns, not server merges.

Edited by Rouge

completely baseless statement.

Name a game that was "saved" by server mergers, with the remaining servers having large and stable populations, without any new server merges needed.

Edited by Rouge

Why not you go and sub a game that has done them? Like WAR. It has... 4 servers in the entire world left? Or play DCU for free, it has done the same and has... 8 left or something like that. Or RIFT, on reduced subscription currently, that has closed down approximately 100 servers and whose most servers are still Light through the day... :rolleyes:

Server merges are not a cure, they make the disease worse.

SWTOR needs new marketing campaigns, not server merges.

I played both, enjoyed them for what they were, then left. (For all it's faults, I had a lot of fun in WAR) They did not see po pdecreases because of server mergers.. WAR saw decreases because the endgame pvp was broken, and Rift because people played it, finished it, and moved on.

SWTOR was fun enough, but at level 42, there are rarely more than 10 players on any of the world's I am on. (Gardens of Talia). 10. I am on a pvp server, and was looking forward to some open world pvp. NO such luck - I have seen about three republic players since I started playing the game.

I would be happy to transfer, or for my server to be merged, but right now I dont feel its worth paying a sub for this.

No drama. No grand statements. It just is what it is.

I played both, enjoyed them for what they were, then left. (For all it's faults, I had a lot of fun in WAR) They did not see po pdecreases because of server mergers.. WAR saw decreases because the endgame pvp was broken, and Rift because people played it, finished it, and moved on..

Is this the same RIFT which people criticizing SWTOR here praise for it harder end-game to which raider guilds supposedly return from SWTOR, which people praise here for quickly adding new content and doing events? How can you even "finish" a MMO?

I played RIFT's open beta, tried the free offer, I played WAR five months. RIFT was too much of the same fantasy play for me, and from WAR I left... because of server mergers. I left because the last RP server in EU was closed down, and when moving to PvE server my characters would have lost their names.

How can you even "finish" a MMO?

Of course you can finish an MMO - at least some types.

To my mind, once you've seen the world, and most of the content, you're pretty much done. All that is left in most mmos is grinding your way up to one or two high end raids... not something I, or even most people, are that interested in.

Once the grind treadmill begins, then you've pretty much 'finished' the MMO to my mind.

A really social endgame would be about building up a tribe, with a base, which needed to be developed and defended - with a player driven economy, and a shifting political landscape. But we seem to be a long way from seeing that kind of game any time soon (beyond EVE).

Of course you can finish an MMO - at least some types.

To my mind, once you've seen the world, and most of the content, you're pretty much done. All that is left in most mmos is grinding your way up to one or two high end raids... not something I, or even most people, are that interested in.

Once the grind treadmill begins, then you've pretty much 'finished' the MMO to my mind.

A really social endgame would be about building up a tribe, with a base, which needed to be developed and defended - with a player driven economy, and a shifting political landscape. But we seem to be a long way from seeing that kind of game any time soon (beyond EVE).

No. You shoulden't be able to finish a mmo. Atleast not imo

Guys....If you are able to read a graph...

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Actually in a lot of server the population is growing....

Please stop opening 1000 identical thread saying: "The game is dead" "The Game is desert" "Where is everybody" "End of the game" etc.etc.

If you don't like the game why don't simply go somewhere else?

It sound more like a "brain washing" then real threads to discuss this game...

Every weekend my server has queues in the evening. It's also at Heavy for most of the week during peak times.

People who want to create drama usually start these type of threads. I remember seeing these pop up at least once a week in WoW back in Vanilla.

My only input is that I don't think that's it's fair that I pay the same fee as everyone else, yet others are having a much better play experience than me due to having a healthy population.

I am angry I pay 15 a month but log in to a server that is all but dead republic side, and I know there are other servers where the pop is very healthy.

I am angry that the only response has been "Reroll". No, I will not reroll, I will cancel my sub again and bash your failure on the internet for the next decade as we all do with WAR, AoC and Aion. My time is very important to me, I do not have time to "reroll" because you overestimated your subscriber base.

What REALLY makes me angry is that I rolled on the server assigned to my guild. Since day one we have been outnumbered 3-1 by imps. We tried to play nice and help out, and here I am one of the last 4 standing from my original guild because the others are fed up with no population/PVP and have gone back to other games.

This NEEDS to be a priority. This issue alone is killing your game.

It's not the ops or flashpoints that're hard to do, it's getting the groups to do them that's hard.

I'm on a "Standard" populated server (Dune Bantha PvE), i've been to two (2) HM Flashpoints since i hit 50 about a week ago, only the guild goes and they seem to when i'm not online.

The republic side is barely considered a faction, more like a bunch of rerollers. Level 50 pvp is a joke, and the only reps we go against are undergeared Level 50's, not to mention WZ's just bug me.

So on that note i'm starting fresh on a heavily populated pvp server where i can actually pvp efficiently without being forced to do Warzones.

TLDR version;

Rerolling cause my server sucks.

I am angry I pay 15 a month but log in to a server that is all but dead republic side, and I know there are other servers where the pop is very healthy.

I am angry that the only response has been "Reroll". No, I will not reroll, I will cancel my sub again and bash your failure on the internet for the next decade as we all do with WAR, AoC and Aion. My time is very important to me, I do not have time to "reroll" because you overestimated your subscriber base.

Oh, the irony.

Every weekend my server has queues in the evening. It's also at Heavy for most of the week during peak times.

People who want to create drama usually start these type of threads. I remember seeing these pop up at least once a week in WoW back in Vanilla.

My server is listed as heavy most of the time. The fleet station Republic side never has more than 150-160, and most of the planets level 35+ I never see more than 40 people on.

My server is listed as heavy most of the time. The fleet station Republic side never has more than 150-160, and most of the planets level 35+ I never see more than 40 people on.

Wow I wish my server had that. Prime time last night we hit a massive 68 on fleet with 9 in ilum.

I don't think so. Seems like in GW2 there's so much more play value in it. SWTOR is all about holding BW's hands, where GW2 it's all about exploring and do what you wanna do. The whole game in the end game

Ive been disappointed of many mmo's, but SWTOR tops the list

And this is where we learn our word of the day. Today's word is opinion. That's what a personal preference is. See, what you just described...a sandbox grind to end-game, that sounds pretty boring to me. Which would indicate that there is actually less play value in it.

See how opinions work?

My only input is that I don't think that's it's fair that I pay the same fee as everyone else, yet others are having a much better play experience than me due to having a healthy population.

What REALLY makes me angry is that I rolled on the server assigned to my guild. Since day one we have been outnumbered 3-1 by imps. We tried to play nice and help out, and here I am one of the last 4 standing from my original guild because the others are fed up with no population/PVP and have gone back to other games.

This NEEDS to be a priority. This issue alone is killing your game.

I'm sorry to say this, but your unsubscription does not a failure make. And they've pointed out numerous times that they're working on character transfers.

Not even 2 full weeks ago there were multiple servers sitting in the "Heavy" and quite a few less than that in the "Light". Now there are MULTIPLE sitting in the light and a couple of Heavy.

I'm starting to worry about the server I chose, now. It was heavy when I picked it and I hadn't seen it drop below standard (between 2-5am ish) since I rolled there until 2 days ago. Now it's light - standard at peak hours. Does not bode well for my social-leveling :/

I have seen many people that are putting the subscription on hold for one reason or an other. I myself chose to end my subscription until they release new on some content that is not yet in game but was promised.

Many will probably come back when BW gets the game to the point it was expected to be at when released. though some may find other games in the meantime

I have seen many people that are putting the subscription on hold for one reason or an other. I myself chose to end my subscription until they release new on some content that is not yet in game but was promised.

Many will probably come back when BW gets the game to the point it was expected to be at when released. though some may find other games in the meantime

Well there's always that holy grail patch people are waiting for in March. I mean it's supposed to magically fix everyone's problems. I still think the engine needs a fine tuning and that will take more then just one month or two.