PvP in this game takes zero skill at all

InzightLive

So after buying the game at release and making a marauder i was pretty excited about the game due to the high amount of abilities and keybinds i needed. but i quickly got very disappointed when i found out that i was getting killed by backpaddling idiots spamming 1 button(i see an incredible amount of people backpaddling in this game compared to any other mmo i have played)

its so sad to see that this game allows people to play so bad without really punishing them, due to stuff like ranged not having to kite at all and casters auto turning while casting so you dont need to worry about your target running behind you

TL;DR pvp in this game is **** and im not gonna continue playing a game where skill does not make even a slight difference

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The term is backpedaling. And as a marauder that does well in PvP and knowing many other marauders that do well (check some of the videos and screenshots on the marauder forums here), I have to say...well, don't take it as "L2P", but consider that you may be able to improve your playstyle by doing more research and practicing more. Edited by lJustAlexl

and here i was thinking it was going to be a

tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle tracer missle

or

Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round Grav Round

If you get killed by backpeddling scrubs pressing 1 button, I question your skill. It's a different pvp world. Your 2600 arena rating means **** here.

Auto turning while channeling as opposed to...channeling through walls? (IE: Lets cast Arcane Missiles. He's running behind that wall!! Arcane Missiles is still hitting him!) - Oh, you just want to run circles around them so they can't channel, becaues pressing the interrupt keybind is too hard. Gotcha.

i quickly got very disappointed when i found out that i was getting killed by backpaddling idiots spamming 1 button

Reality check please. The only way that could possibly make sense is if you think "skill" is equal to being able to strafe.

(And no I don't play a 1 button spam class, I play your mirror class, among others.)

Edited by dannythefool

The term is backpedaling. And as a marauder that does well in PvP and knowing many other marauders that do well (check some of the videos and screenshots on the marauder forums here), I have to say...well, don't take it as "L2P", but consider that you may be able to improve your playstyle by doing more research and practicing more.

im not saying that i have trouble playing my class, i am a multi gladiator wow veteran and high master league in sc2 etc so i will not need advice about how to play

what i mean is that while marauder needs to use a fair amount of abilities to succeed, im still pretty disappointed that most other classes can do perfectly fine even if played by a noob who does nothing but spam force lightning/tracer missle or whatever

Auto turning while channeling as opposed to...channeling through walls? (IE: Lets cast Arcane Missiles. He's running behind that wall!! Arcane Missiles is still hitting him!) - Oh, you just want to run circles around them so they can't channel, becaues pressing the interrupt keybind is too hard. Gotcha.

im not saying channeling spells should not autoturn but you autoturn while casting stuff like tracer missle aswell and i do use my spell interrupt all the time as i said im not an idiot, but i dont know if interrupts in this game is bugged or if there is some talents i havent heard about cause i often interrupt a spell only to see them start casting the same spell again instantly after that

Edited by Zilrota
removed inappropriate content

If you get killed by backpeddling scrubs pressing 1 button, I question your skill. It's a different pvp world. Your 2600 arena rating means **** here.

Why do tools like this ^^ always bring up WoW even though the OP didn't in his first post?

SW:TOR...the game where WoW baddies become good.

Edited by Bastal

Why do tools like this ^^ always bring up WoW even though the OP didn't in his first post?

Surprise surprise he is WoW player :) I would say TOR is a game where gladiators come to forum to QQ because badies kill them in the game.

Some classes are easier to do well with ? Yep.

If you know what you are doing you and beat them ? Yep.

What's the problem here ?

im not saying that i have trouble playing my class, i am a multi gladiator wow veteran and high master league in sc2 etc so i will not need advice about how to play

what i mean is that while marauder needs to use a fair amount of abilities to succeed, im still pretty disappointed that most other classes can do perfectly fine even if played by a noob who does nothing but spam force lightning/tracer missle or whatever

im not saying channeling spells should not autoturn but you autoturn while casting stuff like tracer missle aswell and i do use my spell interrupt all the time as i said im not an idiot, but i dont know if interrupts in this game is bugged or if there is some talents i havent heard about cause i often interrupt a spell only to see them start casting the same spell again instantly after that

Range in most mmo's always have and always will take less skill to play than a melee class.

That being said my 61 assassin gets ***** by mard's and their mirror esp when thye press there I am immune to all damage button for 10 or 12 sec.

maybe I am off base there and need to l2p myself. I have been thinking about rolling one becuase the sheer amount of dps they can dish out seems way better than my assassin. Mard was the first class I rolled in beta the only reason I switched was it jsut felt like I was swinging my arms all over the place while running in circles.

ignore typos sry...

Edited by Zilrota
removed content in quote

ok then, please explain to me how i kill an inquisitor spamming force lightning as a marauder when my ****** dps can barely take down his absorb shield and my interrupt doesnt work for ****

I think you should ask the ppl who are creating topics asking for marauder nerfs because the combination of high dps and high survivability (cd dependant) is a bit hard to counter.

ok then, please explain to me how i kill an inquisitor spamming force lightning as a marauder when my ****** dps can barely take down his absorb shield and my interrupt doesnt work for ****

Force Choke first. Always. Half of them want to save their cc break for another opportunity so they let the whole animation play out. The dmg weakens the shield, prevents their dps. Once it's done, run in to finish off the shield in one or two hits while interrupting anything they send your way (either with interrupt or force leap).

To be honest, sorcs are our easiest targets as a marauder...you really may want to look into the forums if sorcs are the ones you're having trouble with.

Edited by lJustAlexl

Stop attacking sorcerers they are incredibly hard to kill and just not worth the effort in a 1v1, I just pick different targets since even if you do get them low they just force sprint out of LOS and heal up.

Anyways a sniper/gunslinger would be completely useless if they did not auto follow in cover its bad enough that practically everything breaks LOS and cancels their 1.5-2.5 sec casts, this isn't WoW so stop thinking all the mechanics should be the same, just because it was "bad" or "noob" to do something in WoW doesn't need mean it is in SWTOR if you don't like it well you can go back to WoW.

I think you should ask the ppl who are creating topics asking for marauder nerfs because the combination of high dps and high survivability (cd dependant) is a bit hard to counter.

This ^^

I too griped about range and it really was a l2p issue on my part with my assassin. You better cc me and run because if I get on you and you dont get away from me you will die. Excpet the mard and a tank. then I am cannon food. The mards dps is insane.

LOL I have not played WoW in YEARS but hahahah I remembered arcane missle shooting acrosss a zone!!!! People would mount up and I would shoot them and they would follow them through terrain and as far away as they can run.

i am a multi gladiator wow veteran

Hah. Go figure, right?

Anyways, all trolling aside I don't think you fully understand the system yet (and only saying that to "help"). Whether it's the resolve system or how interrupts work. For example, when you interrupt a healing spell, only that spell is locked. Not their whole healing tree. That's probably why you feel as though your interrupts don't matter.. The trick is, you have to interrupt spells that mean something, which also requires some knowledge of other classes and what spells are important. As for the turning while casting shenanigans, it's not that big of a deal. I mean, yes, it sucks when I try to do the old get-up-in-their-face-and-jump-over-them-to-cancel-their-cast trick, but it's not necessary or a deal breaker when it comes down to a dueling fight.

My interrupt has never failed. I doubt there's an "interrupt bug." Whether or not poor latency, lag or bad timing has any effect, but the lockout of that spell isn't long to begin with.

I don't know what you consider skill, or even what you have been up against. In my experience, pvp in this game is a challenge, but not difficult. I would not say that there is zero skill involved.

This game is still extremely new, so there are lots of people who are still working out how to play their class (mostly lowbies), but there are several established pvp guilds that have simply moved their guild completely or in part from another mmo. The established pvp'ers are of course going to faceroll through pvp. Give it a few weeks, and I'm sure you will be accusing players of hacking in no time at all.

It sounds to me like you don't know your class well enough to succeed in pvp. Don't you have stuns/interrupts? Can't you LOS? If you are getting pwned by noobs spamming one action, that is your own fault.

This is not your standard WOW clone. There are different game mechanics at work here. It's not just casters vs. melee. Sometimes you will need a different damage rotation for different classes. Some are going to be stun/interrupt heavy, some you can just stand still and mash buttons. Sometimes you will need to use line of sight to avoid powerful attacks.

There is more to this game than just wielding a lightsaber. Play some other classes. Learn their weaknesses. Learn their strengths. Learn to get over yourself.