WTH Is up with RE

Beef_Cake

I've crafted 162, yes, 162 Overkill Serenity Relay ear pieces and RE every last one of them, and not a single purple has unlocked.

Has the chance for this been lowered a great deal or what? I unlocked all my blue and purple mods with no problem and now I can't unlock a purple to save my life.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey join the club beef_cake, I have RE'ed 60+ blue implants now, not a single purple schematic unlock! This system is horrible. We should get like 0.5% or 1% increase to our chances for each item of the same type we RE so eventually we get it. Meanwhile, my guildie REs like 5 blue implants and gets his purple and is making a killing on the AH now sigh..

I know what you mean. Ive made 30 or so lvl 50 blue blaster pistols without a single artifact schem. Still working on it to this day. As I was leveling armstech I RE'd about 5 different lvl barrels and got the blue schem always within 5 tries, same situation with the artifact schem.

Just out of interest....do you make 1 or 2 and Re or make 20 items and RE?

I just know armormech i had a ton of luck with epic 49s when i would craft 10-20 items and now im only making 1 or 2 at a time ive had no luck at all.

25 at a time, I send 5 companions out to make 5 each.

yeah, crewskills are a bit nutty and need some serious attention, forget the whinge about end game competitivenes for a few months and just fix the bugs ffs.

I'm still having qued items disapear while I do space missions, causing the resources to vanish as well.

lol yea, i have bad luck sometimes, but i end up getting it sooner or later, and really, I actually like this crew skills system. its by far not my favorite crafting system, that's still held by pre-cu SWG. that was an awesome crafting system. but this system is a solid tie with older EQ2 crafting, not so boring like wows system. to me its like, some frustration = more reward at the end, rather then just farm gold or mats until you get your purple. kill a random boss and get the recipe, farm endless mobs hoping for a random world drop. tedium is what makes me not enjoy the crafting systems that are so cut and paste. having a little RNG involved with your crafting is more exciting i guess is my feeling.

Crappy RNG + Ultra Low chance of crit + Bad luck = You. :(

I am a firm believer that after a specific number of RE's everything should eventually give up the next schematic. I don't like slot games.

Every item you RE without success should give a slight bonus to RE. Like 1%. So that the accumulated REing process is not going to cost so much crafting of blues to get purples. Still random but the chances get better and better as you fail.

I would like to know if anyone has had any success with "overkill" since the so called "stealth nerf". I have Re'd every other prefix except "overkill" since 1.1. I tried approx 150 lvl 46 overkill pants without success, also many overkill gloves and bracers. I have "purpled" all other prefixes except overkill??? just wondering.

Took me two weeks worth of gathering resources and REing a Blue Implant to finally get the purple I was after. I lost count but it was well over 250 unites REed. :-/

Got the purple I was after, made the implant for a friend since hewas the eone it was for. I then crafted 16 more since they were pretty awesome. They have now been sitting on the GTN for days at 25k a pop - no ones buying. +69 crit and +69 Alacrity. Insanely good healer implant. The price is half that of other implant prices, but nothing.

Sorry for the side rant, but just irks me to no end that there is only a very small player economy. :-/

Ok, after 225 crafts total, I finally unlocked one of the purples, not the one I want to unlock, but unlocked none the less. So I kept going to see if I could unlock the one I wanted.

Here is what is total BS, I crafted 50 more and I got a error message saying...

"You already know this schematic"

Now, I know BW wants us to grind our asses off so they make money, but this is crap at the lowest level. Once you RE something and learn a schematic, it should remove it from the possible schematics that can be learned. I just wasted another 50 crafts just to see 3 "You already know this schematic" which is a total slap in the damn face.

Edited by Beef_Cake

Well, the first question a designer needs to ask themselves in any situation is, does it enhance the player's experience, or does it detract from the player's experience.

With these extreme failure rates, even on green items, I cannot see where that question could be answered in the former.

When one plans ahead, farms the mats (as they go), for their next level of gear, the game is flowing as intended. When one then fails to the extent that those mats are used up, they are then put in the position of needless delays, tedious work, boredom, frustration. when the process of failure is repeated over and over, what do we believe will be the result? At that point it goes from being a fun thing to do, to a job.

The enjoyment of crafting is in making items, not "challenge", not frustration, not tedium. No green should ever take beyond three to five attempts to form a blue. No pattern, beyond the most elite item, should take the type of numbers I am seeing on this board. The fun lies in collecting the mats, planing the list of equipment, then making them, not failing 50 times.

I would have to guess that there would not be a carpenter in the world if they tended to fail 50 times before nailing two 2x4s together correctly. It should not occur here either. When I come to these boards feeling that I'm ready to rip my hair out, that is not what I would consider a positive gaming experience. Hell, I should not even be on these boards discussing this. I should have my blues on and be off to my next level, enjoying the game. Right?

Entire paradigm shift time.