I love how quiet bioware got with their bragging of numbers

gnetikjakhammer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They know it, we know it, the gaming community knows it. If they had any guts, they'd release the numbers now that everyone has had a chance to fully experience the game. Of course they won't because they'll be humiliating considering not but 3 weeks ago were bragging about this "surge" and their player population.

Stick a sock in it, please.

I did say please. As said by another poster, "Unsub and leave, if you don't like the game."

:i_smile:

Edited by Lochhi

Don't you get it people? Trolls seek to enrage not to engage!

Trolls thrive on attention - any attention. They get you all steamed up so you flame them - then they run straight to the flag button to report you.

They thrive only on rubbishing your opinion because for a few seconds you give some geekrage teenager a bit of attnetion and make them feel like minor celebrities.

Deal with trolls by completely ignoring them - place their names on ignore. don;t reply to their posts. Never ever discuss anything with them because they are not interested in anything you have to say - they're here to get a reaction.

Post a constructive thread priasing some elements of the game and you'll get three replies. Post a thread saying this game suxor and you get 100 replies.

Ignore them! (And forgive me for breaking one of my own rules by posting on this worthless thread).

They know it, we know it, the gaming community knows it. If they had any guts, they'd release the numbers now that everyone has had a chance to fully experience the game. Of course they won't because they'll be humiliating considering not but 3 weeks ago were bragging about this "surge" and their player population.

Every single MMO released expierences a 30 % burn off in 30 Days . Every single one. SWTOR may have a bit higher maybe 40% maybe 45%. One thing is certain BW released with 2 million in sales. if they maintain 800 k of that 2 million they will have a massive profit.Non of the devolpers are ever truthful about their numbers so id rather them say nothing then lie like blizzard with 11 million subs and only 3 million of them pay. There was a signifcant burn off recently that is for sure. but its no where near the catastrophy your trying to make it LOL.

The hours played graph over the past month at Xfire might be interesting to watch.

Yes, it does show a decline over the past month of what looks to be on the scale of 15%. However, note that this counts hours played, and not # of players, and so may be more strongly affected by the holiday week.

But it by no means supports an assertion that TOR's player base has fallen off a cliff like some contend.

Of course, it's not a scientific sampling of players, so it might not be representative. But I believe it's accurate among its member base since the Xfire client reports gameplay automatically.

And BTW, TOR has been 5th on the list for the past 10 days, and had its highest at #4, according to the page. What's ahead of it?

1. League of Legends
  2. Call of Duty 4
  3. WoW
  4. Call of Duty 2

Edited by Zhiroc

Nope, but their bragging, pumped up chest, arrogant selves are being embarassed by a truth they are trying to hide from.

I used to watch stand up and deliberately funny things to make me laugh, but now I just come casually look at the swtor boards and it has me in stitches within minutes.

I'm sure you'd love to post the exact number of players every week on your game.

Things like that take time to tally up.

Also, SWTOR's been on for a month, they've surpassed the 2 Million Player mark, which is 60 x 2,000,000 Not to mention the Millions that have subscribed,

Do the math.

You lose.

The hours played graph over the past month at Xfire might be interesting to watch.

Yes, it does show a decline over the past month of what looks to be on the scale of 15%. However, note that this counts hours played, and not # of players, and so may be more strongly affected by the holiday week.

But it by no means supports an assertion that TOR's player base has fallen off a cliff like some contend.

Of course, it's not a scientific sampling of players, so it might not be representative. But I believe it's accurate since the Xfire client reports gameplay automatically.

And BTW, TOR has been 5th on the list for the past 10 days, and had its highest at #4, according to the page. What's ahead of it?

1. League of Legends
  2. Call of Duty 4
  3. WoW
  4. Call of Duty 2

What's an Xfire?

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss this topic and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!