Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

George Lucas characters always beat EU characters, and nothing you say or do can change that. Remember, Vader had a very high midichlorian count, and your midichlorian count is what determines your strength in the Force, not how much you learn about or understand it. We don't have any way to gauge Revan's strength other than anecdotal evidence, but we can assume that his midichlorian count was less than Vader's, because George Lucas said Vader's midichlorian count was very high. Midichlorians!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Lucas characters always beat EU characters, and nothing you say or do can change that. Remember, Vader had a very high midichlorian count, and your midichlorian count is what determines your strength in the Force, not how much you learn about or understand it. We don't have any way to gauge Revan's strength other than anecdotal evidence, but we can assume that his midichlorian count was less than Vader's, because George Lucas said Vader's midichlorian count was very high. Midichlorians!

You dont need to look up evidence. The damn creator of Star Wars has given the answer.

Rule of 2 is worthless. Broken even.

You sure know how to spit out opinions claiming things without facts to provide backup, Care to explain why it's broken?

Top sith would be the top sith with or without the rule of 2.

No they wouldn't, Each apprentice becomes more powerful than the next..

Second it also keeps other ppl with potential at bay(starkiller).

He reached his full potential when battling Darth Vader at the Death Star, from theere he began going downhill.

Palpatine killed his master befor learning everything.Lots of lost power/knowlige there.

"He taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep.." ~ Palpatine, EP III.

Palpatine is the strongest of his time. Not of all time.

"He was a Dark Lord of the Sith who followed the Rule of Two, an ancient tenet of the Order of the Sith Lords, and was the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history." ~ Wookiepedia

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.” ~ The New Essential Chronology, page 84

As for revan vs vader. Revan was a true master of both dark and light side.

What does that even mean?

He wasn't, He had no choice, He was jedi, became sith.. got mindwiped in order to become a jedi again then he killed his own apprentice (wow, very impressive). He also had the ability to make people follow him unwillingly, People followed Vader out either fear or loyalty.

There is no such thing as mastery of light & dark since there is only the force & the dark side. In order to use dark side energies you feed of negative emotions, In order to use natural energy you pretty much just focus and donät let negative emotions control you. You see the contradiction of being able to control both light & dark?

Sure you can be both jedi & sith, explore the two philosophies.. But you can't be both at the same time, It's like being a communist and capitalist at the same time.

Vader was just a pawn of both the dark and light side.

WTH does that even mean?

Pawn of both light & dark?

He was trained under the most powerful sith in galactic history, he had all the knowledge in the world to learn from, He was feared across the galaxy.

Edited by _Zorth_

Vader vs Revan:

Lets look at the facts:

In our time period, currently in SWTOR, Revan is still alive. 300 years old. Lot's of Sith and Jedi + other Force Users not aligned with either = a lot of Force Users.

Flash forward to Bane: Institutes the Rule of Two (gotten from Darth Revan).

Flash forward to the Prequels: Darth Sidious and Darth Vader exterminate the Jedi, leaving only a few.

A premise in the EU is that the more Force Users you have, the more 'diluted' the Force becomes, ie, smaller pieces of the pie, so to speak.

We know that knowledge of the Force is > sheer power in the Force.

We know that Revan was both Jedi and Sith, controlled the Foundry. We also know that Rakata could infuse machines with the Force.

Taking all this into consideration, here's the breakdown.

In the time period of Revan, while he knowledge is great, the Force is hugely diminished because of the number of Force Users in the universe. So, in that context, Revan was more knowledgeable over Darth Sidious. For sheer power, I would go with Sidious as there are a lot less Force Users. Knowledge in the Force goes to Revan, after all, he did become a Jedi and Sith, having learned both sides of the Force, Sidious did not. I would even argue that Darth Vader was stronger and could kill Sidious, cept for one little problem: Life Support. End of story. Had his suit been made with Rakata tech, might have been different altogether.

In this context, I would say any jedi or sith in the time of the prequels (after the massacre of the Jedi Order) and the 3 original movies, were more powerful and/or had the potential to be extremely powerful, depending knowledge of the force. After all, less Force Users taking bigger slices of the pie = more power.

In the end, I would say Revan over Sidious. However, I would also take Joruus C'baoth over both. If you are not familiar with him, should read up on him and his abilities were. I'd even take Luke Skywalker from the EU over Revan or Sidious.

Vader vs Revan:

Lets look at the facts:

In our time period, currently in SWTOR, Revan is still alive. 300 years old. Lot's of Sith and Jedi + other Force Users not aligned with either = a lot of Force Users.

Flash forward to the Prequels: Darth Sidious and Darth Vader exterminate the Jedi, leaving only a few.

A premise in the EU is that the more Force Users you have, the more 'diluted' the Force becomes, ie, smaller pieces of the pie, so to speak.

We know that Revan was both Jedi and Sith, controlled the Foundry. We also know that Rakata could infuse machines with the Force.

In the time period of Revan, while he knowledge is great, the Force is hugely diminished because of the number of Force Users in the universe. So, in that context, Revan was more knowledgeable over Darth Sidious. For sheer power, I would go with Sidious as there are a lot less Force Users. Knowledge in the Force goes to Revan, after all, he did become a Jedi and Sith, having learned both sides of the Force, Sidious did not. I would even argue that Darth Vader was stronger and could kill Sidious, cept for one little problem: Life Support. End of story. Had his suit been made with Rakata tech, might have been different altogether.

In this context, I would say any jedi or sith in the time of the prequels (after the massacre of the Jedi Order) and the 3 original movies, were more powerful and/or had the potential to be extremely powerful, depending knowledge of the force. After all, less Force Users taking bigger slices of the pie = more power.

In the end, I would say Revan over Sidious. However, I would also take Joruus C'baoth over both. If you are not familiar with him, should read up on him and his abilities were. I'd even take Luke Skywalker from the EU over Revan or Sidious.

Holy **** really??? ****. If Lucas says *********** Jar Jar is stronger than Revan than hes stronger than Revan. God I pray they make a video or Jar Jar wrecking Revan then Jar Jar just bending him over and going to town just to piss off every idiot who thinks they get to decide whats cannon and whats not

You dont need to look up evidence. The damn creator of Star Wars has given the answer.

That's exactly what I said. George Lucas + Vader + Midichlorians = godmode (except that one time when he dies because the Plot..err the Force wills it).

Revan would pawn Vader.

Vader lost agaisnt Luke and agaisnt Obi wan who is a middle powered jedi. Vader sucks boys.

Vader didn't want to kill Luke, Luke himself stated if Vader wanted to kill him on the Death Star he would be dead.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was arguably the greatest general of the Clone Wars and most importantly he was the greatest practitioner of Soresu EVER.

Revan is a child with toys in comparison.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Vader vs Revan:

Lets look at the facts:

And he has been driven completely insane and wants to do Genocide over the entire Sith Race.

Bane got the idea of the force is more powerful in smaller numbers from Revan.

They exterminate 9,900 Jedi leaving a Hundred Left.

Vader was both Sith and Jedi. Both light and Dark.

Sidious had more knowledge of the Dark than any Sith before him and after him. The Ancient Sith Lords Praised Him. He knew so much, that he was able to create a Force Storm that could consume planets. And Vader's Life Support has proven to be nothing. Starkiller took a electric Post and transferred the electricity towards Vader. And Vader got down to one Knee. Vader was severely injured and yet he took the most powerful Sith Lord's lightning.

The Logic of the Less the better is only for the Dark Side. That was in the DB Series. Dark Side is greater when concentrated to lower numbers.

Honestly, Joruus was insane and had no knowledge of the Force. He thought he was pure Light and yet he was taking over planets and wanted to abolish everyone that opposed him.

Answers in bold.

Holy **** really??? ****. If Lucas says *********** Jar Jar is stronger than Revan than hes stronger than Revan. God I pray they make a video or Jar Jar wrecking Revan then Jar Jar just bending him over and going to town just to piss off every idiot who thinks they get to decide whats cannon and whats not

So you'd accept a completely ludicrous bit of canon that defies all logic to something that makes sense because you really dislike a character. Good on you.

Do people remember when that one guy said "the Force is strong with this one", and a war veteran/ex-jedi master/dark lord of the sith couldn't shoot down a kid with almost no training because the Force *********** willed it? (followed by the whole blowing up the Deathstar thing) If Vader and Revan and Sidious and Luke and Yoda and Thrawn and Bane and Goku and Picard and Apocalypse and Superman and Megatron and Godzilla were all in the same place at the same time and were forced to fight in a Star Wars setting, I think the winner would be whoever THE FORCE decided it would be.

So you'd accept a completely ludicrous bit of canon that defies all logic to something that makes sense because you really dislike a character. Good on you.

Do people remember when that one guy said "the Force is strong with this one", and a war veteran/ex-jedi master/dark lord of the sith couldn't shoot down a kid with almost no training because the Force *********** willed it? (followed by the whole blowing up the Deathstar thing) If Vader and Revan and Sidious and Luke and Yoda and Thrawn and Bane and Goku and Picard and Apocalypse and Superman and Megatron and Godzilla were all in the same place at the same time and were forced to fight in a Star Wars setting, I think the winner would be whoever THE FORCE decided it would be.

*batman looks around* /batman curbstomp *batman walks away the victor*

Vader didn't want to luke. And Luke even said, Vader could have wiped the floor with him at the time if he wanted to.

Need to look up on your batman lore

NOTHING can beat bats.

Period.

Gimme a couple hours and I can write a story in which Batman gets horribly maimed in a bull-fighting accident and can never fight crime again. I'll even make it sound more plausible than 90% of the official Batman "lore" out there. Absurd doesn't even to begin to describe it.

Gimme a couple hours and I can write a story in which Batman gets horribly maimed in a bull-fighting accident and can never fight crime again. I'll even make it sound more plausible than 90% of the official Batman "lore" out there. Absurd doesn't even to begin to describe it.

But that is what makes it so Awesome! Batman is the most OP character ever. Not because of his abilities or his gadgets. But because he is perfectly protected in plot armor. You could write a story that gets him maimed, but I could write one where one of his scientists perfect gene therapy and fix him.

Edited by Tygranir

But that is what makes it so Awesome! Batman is the most OP character ever. Not because of his abilities or his gadgets. But because he is perfectly protected in plot armor. You could write a story that gets him maimed, but I could write one where one of his scientists perfect gene therapy and fix him.

And that's exactly why he's incredibly lame. If you have to automatically throw out your suspension of disbelief any time you come across anything concerning Batman, he's not an interesting character. If you know from the start that there isn't the slightest chance of him failing, there isn't a story.

Regardless, Batman is nothing compared to Squirrel Girl.

Revan was pretty much the best of the best, light and dark, the ONLY one who was even able to face the emperor when he wasn't in a weakened state. Vader was lucky and had sidious cheap shotting all the jedi

I find this completely hilarious, because not only did Vitate make him his ***** once, but twice.

The fact that Darth Sidious is the ultimate culmination of the Rule of Two, and the Acient Sith Lords praised him for his power and cunning proves that it was effective. Its Canon fact that Darth Sidious is the most powerful (in all aspects) Sith Lord to ever exist, its also Canonical fact that Darth Vader had 80% of his power during his prime (Lucas says so, therefore it is).

Darth Revan was, in essence, the originator of the Rule of Two, so if you go by that chain of events, he is far, far weaker than Darth Vader. But we don't even have to, because the Trilogy novelizations and the rest of the EU spell it out clear as day.

I bet after waching FF1 this guy was like omg honda civics are the fastest cars ever. Some people simply cant think for themselves.

I bet after waching FF1 this guy was like omg honda civics are the fastest cars ever. Some people simply cant think for themselves.

Wait what?....just what?? So if you follow the lore of a franchise as set fort by the creator of that franchise you can't think for yourself? That is some champion logic right there