Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

Vader hands down, this is not even a contest. Revan was great for his day but that is long past when Vader turns up. Vader trains under the most advanced Jedi and later under the most learned and powerful of the Sith. He defeats both. Vader's two great flaws, his weakness for older women and his ability to produce whiny children are unlikely to be able to be used against him by Revan.

For all those that talk about Revan's knowledge of the force, that is like saying Isaac Newton's knowledge of physics is better than Einstein's. As time goes on, knowledge of the force, like our understanding of science only gets better.

When did he beat sideous or yoda? or windu? or obi-wan? obiwan let himself be killed (in a new hope) so that he could be one with the force not because vader was better. and tossing palps down a shaft while he is distracted doesn't count as defeating him.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Revan understood leadership, whereas Darth Vader's idea of leadership seriously undermined the Empire at every turn.

Revan would win in a confrontation. He may have lacked Vader's physical strength, but Revan was superior in almost every other respect.

no bad ninja. revan would not win in a direct confrontation. not even a chance. if he ambushed him while he was sleeping? maybe.

galen marek defeating vader doesn't make him weak. galen was like luke and anakin the force kept making "chosen ones to bring balance" balance in this case being the destruction of the jedi and sith orders. once sideous and vader wiped out the jedi council the force made galen and luke to destroy sideous and vader. because there could be no balance while either side ruled. and to those who whine and say that canon always backs ot people that isn't true galen was stronger than vader and if he had been properly trained (by sideous) he could have surpassed sideous. He had more raw force power than anyone he just had a poor teacher who was only interested in an assassin instead of a proper apprentice.

no bad ninja. revan would not win in a direct confrontation. not even a chance. if he ambushed him while he was sleeping? maybe.

galen marek defeating vader doesn't make him weak. galen was like luke and anakin the force kept making "chosen ones to bring balance" balance in this case being the destruction of the jedi and sith orders. once sideous and vader wiped out the jedi council the force made galen and luke to destroy sideous and vader. because there could be no balance while either side ruled. and to those who whine and say that canon always backs ot people that isn't true galen was stronger than vader and if he had been properly trained (by sideous) he could have surpassed sideous. He had more raw force power than anyone he just had a poor teacher who was only interested in an assassin instead of a proper apprentice.

Incorrect on so many levels, "ninja".

Darth Revan understood leadership, whereas Darth Vader's idea of leadership seriously undermined the Empire at every turn.

Revan would win in a confrontation. He may have lacked Vader's physical strength, but Revan was superior in almost every other respect.

Funny. Vader lead his legion into so many planets and conquered. There is a reason the Galactic Empire ruled most of the known galaxy.

No. Vader beats him in dueling and Force Ability. He touched the light side of the force, and was considered one of the best Jedi of his time. And as a Dark Sider he became stronger than he was pre-suit.

Its not a troll. Its all fact. Vader is a crying *****.

Vader being a crying kid is opinion, not fact.

Heres a few. She dident even think about me Obi =(.

I can't understand who you are reffering to, Does it even matter?

Somebody not caring about Obi, Does that make Revan more powerful than Vader?

From my point of view the jedi are evuuul =(. Noooooooooo.

Is that also a stone hard fact that weakens Vader powerwise and shows us that Revan could beat him?

Vader is also a second rate fighter. He got whooped by Obi/starkiller/luke.

No, No and No.

He didn't get whooped by anyone, He got beaten by a hair by all of them, Luke even admitted in the novels after ROTJ that Vader could've killed him if he wanted on the Death Star II but was conflicted. Obi-Wan won because Vader was arrogant and jumped into his lightsaber, Starkiller won because he is one of the most powerful force users in history too, Not to mention he won barely, He channeled lightning from to electric pillars right into Vader and got him down to one knee..

He is also a puppet. Always palpatines *****.

Wasn't Revan the Sith Emperor's puppet when he went after to kill but got turned instead?

At least Vader had a reason to turn, He wanted to save Padme from dying or at least try. Revan went in and came out brainwashed, plus, he had to get mindwiped in order to become a jedi again.

He was never even a jedi/sith master.

Skillwise, he was a Jedi master.

Where did you get that he wasn't a Sith Master?

He had many apprentices, trained under Palpatine for 20 years and was skillwise one of the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history.

Vader is garbage.

Opinon or fact?

Ill give him 1 thing. His name is cool. Just that Darth Revan is a better name.

Just like your other statements, this is totally subjective and it isnät relevant to the discussion.

Here's a few things that could help you, Grammar & Punctuation.

And try to argue why Revan would beat Vader next time, Not why you think Vader is a bad character.

One thing that I was always considered is just because Anakin was destined to bring balance to the force doesn't for sure mean that he was the most powerful Jedi to ever exist. And who is to say that the prophecy to bring balance to the force hasnt happend more then once.

I think that what lucas is doing with the force unleashed was to kinda rewrite the star wars cannon to show that Vader and Palpatine are not the end all be all of force user and that there can in fact be more powerful people out there.

I never liked what he did by introducing mediclorians in canon it kinda marginalized alot of other force user just cause they didn't have as many as anakin. But what if how many mediclorians you have isn't set in stone perhaps its just a starting point. Lets say your force power based on mediclorian count works like lifting weights and muscles. The more you train and practice your force powers the more the mediclorians multiply to fulfill your needs. Just like when you lift weights, you kill the muscle tissue and then the muscles grows back bigger and stronger.

Just food for thought, I think that this would make room for many more star wars stories that could then justify there being force users more powerful then palpatine or vader

Firstly, a quote I take as personal truth -

Kreia - "If you were to battle an old Sith Lord in a lightsabre duel, you would find that we're only children playing with toys."

Secondly. Sidious isn't the only lord to have wiped out the jedi. The triumvirate pretty much did it, and hand Kreia not been wrong about the exile's strength, they would have succeeded. Sion was practically immortal, nihilus could drain entire planets to death. The old sith lords absolutely dwarf some lightsaber skills and some force fancies with telekinesis.

Kreia - "If you were to battle an old Sith Lord in a lightsabre duel, you would find that we're only children playing with toys."

Secondly. Sidious isn't the only lord to have wiped out the jedi. The triumvirate pretty much did it, and hand Kreia not been wrong about the exile's strength, they would have succeeded. Sion was practically immortal, nihilus could drain entire planets to death. The old sith lords absolutely dwarf some lightsaber skills and some force fancies with telekinesis.

Actually no, The triumvirate didn't wipe out the jedi. The jedi wiped out themselves then the three stooges just took over the galaxy, Let's not forget that they didn't rule it for over 20 years.

Sidious was also immortal, He had mastered essence transfer, You could destroy his current body he'd just swap to another one, He could also drain planets of life. Difference between Sid and Nihilus is that Sidious could control his ability, Nihilus could not.

As for the quote, Look up Rule of Two.

Snap out of it guys, you're all living in a fantasy. Both are just pixels on the screen, thus they are equal, neither exists so neither would win.

That is all.

Woah. Someone's butthurt that people actually enjoy debating lore points (even if the Revanites tend to debate by going "No! You're wrong! LALALALALALALALA!").

Mmh, if by George Lucas Vader was 80% of Sidious's power, who happens to be the most powerful Sith Lord who lived, it's not hard to tell which one is stronger.

I think it was stated in the Revenge of the Sith book that Anakin was strongest jedi alive in his time.

Sure Revan is also one of the most powerful force users, but he is no match for Vader I think.

Well for you guys that picked Revan sorry but Vader with always beat Revan, it doesn't matter what argument you bring on the table in Revan's favor. The fact is that GL said that Vader and Palpatine were the MOST POWERFULL sith to ever lived. it doesn't matter what Revan could do or any of the dark lords.. in Canon they will always loose to Vader or Palpatine.

Im sorry but how can anyone say vader was that good at lightsaber duels when he obviously lost against kenobi, he couldnt take count doku down alone etc. I mean he wasnt really that good of a lightsaber duelist. And revan was renowned for his lightsaber skills. Also there is a very large difference in being very resilient against force attacks and being able to dish out force attacks. As far as i know vader was very resilient but not very capable of using that force against others. But thats just me.

Who would win? I dont know.

Edited by Icecrypt

Im sorry but how can anyone say vader was that good at lightsaber duels when he obviously lost against kenobi

He lost against Kenobi because he wasn't as experienced fighter as Kenobi, and the hate and dark side in him made him arrogance and ignorant of the advantage Obi-Wan had then. (the so called "high ground")

he couldnt take count doku down alone

Did you skip the Dooku fight when you watched Revenge of the Sith? Obi-Wan was taking a nap when Anakin defeated Dooku. Duh!

You say he wasn't that good lightsaber duelist, still at the start of order 66, he killed many jedi masters in jedi temple, including Cin Drallig who was some sort lightsaber combat teacher or something. Sure clone troopers help Vader kill jedi at the temple, but he killed countless jedi on his own too.

Im sorry but how can anyone say vader was that good at lightsaber duels when he obviously lost against kenobi, he couldnt take count doku down alone etc. I mean he wasnt really that good of a lightsaber duelist. And revan was renowned for his lightsaber skills. Also there is a very large difference in being very resilient against force attacks and being able to dish out force attacks. As far as i know vader was very resilient but not very capable of using that force against others. But thats just me.

Who would win? I dont know.

By the time a New Hope begins, Vader is a much different person then Anakin Skywalker. He himself views them as two different people (he spends alot of time regretting all his decisions, and the pain only fuels his darkside power)

Your assuming Vader is the same duelist that he was when he faced Obiwan, but he is not.... Vader goes on to master ALL the saber-forms, and becomes so strong a duelist, he could take on 6 fully trained jedi as the same time.

Kreia was a bowl of lies.

Sidious wiped out 10,000 Jedi and controlled most of the known galaxy. I believe the only Empire to rule more than GE is the Rakata. But thats different, most species were primitive.

Almost 100 guys. Keep them going. This is better than the zo6 vs R35 forums. Ohyeah vader is garbage.

troll more..

I'm still waiting for that reply where you show some proof that Revan was better in every aspect than Vader, Vader 1, Revan 0.

Revan would monkey stomp Vader. Enough said......

Because he was the empty character you could crawl into in KoToR and make yourself feel like a hero?

Because he was the empty character you could crawl into in KoToR and make yourself feel like a hero?

Ok I'll indulge you with my geek opinion. Reasons Revan is better than Vader. One: He had a much stronger connection to the force having expirienced both the light and dark side, he was able to walk on the razors edge between both and use thier strengths when he had to. Two: He accomplished much more impressive feats than Vader ever did, such as defeating the mandalorians only to return mandalores mask to Canderous turning them from his foes to his allies. Or being held captive for three years in almost total isolation which for sure would have broken Vader had he been in the same situation. Three: Revan had no detachments other than Bastilla, therefore he was able to act on his own without the strict guidance Vader so desperately needs. I could continue but i think that about covers it......

1st. "Connection to the Force"? Vader was the chosen One.

2nd. Vader was a lightside and then a Dark Side. The only feat we have seen Revan do is a Force Blast. And it wasn't that impressive.

3rd. Vader, the man who went into the Jedi Temple and wiped out all the Jedi in there and invaded dozens of planets for the GE, has done many more impressive feats than Revan.

4. How does the isolation break Vader and not Revan? Vader has been captured before, hence TFU 2.

5. Vader had no attachments... and what makes you think Vader needs guidance? He was the supreme commander of the Imperial Forces and he was one of the most powerful we have ever seen.

Edited by BrandonSM

troll more..

I'm still waiting for that reply where you show some proof that Revan was better in every aspect than Vader, Vader 1, Revan 0.

Under vaders rule the empire lost to ewoks. Do you even know what im talking about when i say zo6 vs R35?

Edited by MajinEddie

If you actually read the novel, the Ewoks were getting destroyed. It wasn't until Chewie got an At-At and messed up their entire strategy. And many troopers were still alive. They surrendered.

Do you even know what im talking about when i say zo6 vs R35?

I sure don't.