The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sorc Bubble Doubled

Sathid

I have now seen this upwards of five times so it is not some bug or anything i am a scoundrel and if my OP opener cannot bring down the sorc bubble then there is something wrong and even after my opener i did more attacks,never went down.

Im full cent geared and three of us could not bring down this Sorc, THREE.

There was only an Operative there,but these two buffs make it impossible to take one down we died and it was three on two at a turret and like i said im full cent geared,,,zero damage and i attacked til i was dead on the Sorc. Edited by Sathid

Number of reasons.

1. They have a talent which increases shield strength, it's in Lightning tree (Tier 2 or 3, can't remember).

2. They were being protected by a tank, using Guard. They take 5% less damage, and 50% of what they do take goes to the tank. When Sorc is bubbled, it's REALLY hard to see the Guard bubble, because both are blue and same diameter.

3. You were taunted. All class tanks have two taunts - one single target and one AoE. What it does is for 6 seconds unless you are attacking the guy who taunted you, you do 30% less damage.

It could have been any of these factors, or it could have been ALL of these together.

And remember, Sorcerers are not OP. They are just the easiest class to play, easiest to be successful with, most played class in the game, etc., etc. But NOT OP! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sounds like you guys missed something. Either a tank around the corner guarding, or something. Three people should drop the shield in a second or two.

Edited by Sabbathius

Number of reasons.

1. They have a talent which increases shield strength, it's in Lightning tree (Tier 2 or 3, can't remember).

2. They were being protected by a tank, using Guard. They take 5% less damage, and 50% of what they do take goes to the tank. When Sorc is bubbled, it's REALLY hard to see the Guard bubble, because both are blue and same diameter.

3. You were taunted. All class tanks have two taunts - one single target and one AoE. What it does is for 6 seconds unless you are attacking the guy who taunted you, you do 30% less damage.

It could have been any of these factors, or it could have been ALL of these together.

And remember, Sorcerers are not OP. They are just the easiest class to play, easiest to be successful with, most played class in the game, etc., etc. But NOT OP! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sounds like you guys missed something. Either a tank around the corner guarding, or something. Three people should drop the shield in a second or two.

One would think the shield would drop,definately but it didnt and the other class there was a sniper or Operative cant recall now but it was not a tank class i know that for sure,now maybe a tank was there and left right before we got there but i believe those have a radius if im not mistaken.

Could also have been an Assassin there..

Stealthing tanks wth. :)

Could be i dont know much about assasin tbh,im trying to undertsand how this works because what i saw was easily over 20K damage in that time and nothing dropped,the sorc took NO DAMAGE there was myself a scoundrel,a gunslinger,and some saber waver cannot recall.

Edited by Sathid

Think I've figured out the problem with the Bubble and how Bioware can fix it since it's technically a bug.

The Bubble is taking some getting rid of because mitigation from Guard, taunt and talents, this means that 3-4k quickly becomes a lot more.

Now if it was altered so that all the damage against the bubble would be unmitigated by Guard, talents and taunts it would balance it up a lot more.

Still think this is a bug personally and wouldn't be suprised if it got hotfixed.

Edit: Also Guard doesn't work that way to the one mentioning the Tank Sin, as soon as damage is taken from the Guarded target, the Sin would have popped out of stealth due to taking damage from Guard.

Edited by Zarthorn

Could be i dont know much about assasin tbh,im trying to undertsand how this works because what i saw was easily over 20K damage in that time and nothing dropped,the sorc took NO DAMAGE there was myself a scoundrel,a gunslinger,and some saber waver cannot recall.

Every day you come in here with some new story where you are uncertain of or forget half of the details, but you're somehow always sure on one or two absurd claims that support your case.

You know what, Sathid. You've threatened on numerous occasions to fraps some matches to "prove your point." Well, I'm calling you out to do just that. Stop making up stories where you don't remember half of what happened, and actually give us a video of it. Please.

Edit: Also Guard doesn't work that way to the one mentioning the Tank Sin, as soon as damage is taken from the Guarded target, the Sin would have popped out of stealth due to taking damage from Guard.

very true... I can guard from stealth but dmg does pull me out... only mentioned it because the op was saying he may have missed a guard around a corner or something.

You are right though... the bubble should exist outside of the extra mitigation from the guard. If I guard a bubble thrower, the only chance anyone has is too somehow try hard to separate us. It is sort of a messed up mechanic. Guard is fine on its own, the bubble is fine on its own... together its unholy.

I have now seen this upwards of five times so it is not some bug or anything i am a scoundrel and if my OP opener cannot bring down the sorc bubble then there is something wrong and even after my opener i did more attacks,never went down.

Im full cent geared and three of us could not bring down this Sorc, THREE.

This guy was crying hard at the 1.1.1 changes. I think he is gone full troll mode cause his class got nerfed.

Edited by Deshie

Number of reasons.

wow so Operative/scoundrel burst is too high and needs to be nerfed yet you just showed how to totally negate all of an ops damage. Not just the burst but all of it.

Maybe now people will see that this knee jerk reaction and nerfing OP's even more will make them useless. A sorc is their prime target. If they can't even hurt them past that stupidly strong bubble then who is supposed to take them down?

Welcome to SWSORC.

I'm just pointing out your stance to whom haven't seen alot of your posts. I know you're bitter about the nerf.

Attacker the messenger and discuss nothing about the current subject,you realize what that makes you,dont you?

Edited by Sathid

Attacker the messenger and discuss nothing about the current subject,you realize what that makes you,dont you?

Oh man that's bit rich coming from you? You know when people were saying Scroundels/Operatives were OP. I saw some really rich posts from you.

Why would you think I'm attacking you for some reason strange? But it's really up to you believe what you want. I'm just advising others whom are reading this thread to be cautious of your anecdotal thread.

I don't believe you. Even with guard 3 people on a sorc will destroy the bubble in seconds.

Believe it,oh so what you think im going to stop what im doing jump on a forum and BS this whole thing?

Ok maybe im getting to old for games or whatnot but at 41 i really dont have the motivation or want to do that,if im missing something and off base point it out,but please dont accuse me of being a liar or a utterly crapy player,im neither.

Oh man that's bit rich coming from you? You know when people were saying Scroundels/Operatives were OP. I saw some really rich posts from you.

Why would you think I'm attacking you for some reason strange? But it's really up to you believe what you want. I'm just advising others whom are reading this thread to be cautious of your anecdotal thread.

Are they OP? have you fought the purple robe casters lately? i do daily,but thats another discussion in an ongoing thread.

Yeah because you are mad about your class being nerfed and are either purposefully or ignorantly making things up to try and get another class nerfed.

It is very transparent

Ok im done,yah yah im just making it up,this forum is pointless with some of you.

Back to the Wz's and the 4 to 6 sorcs/inquis fights.