does columi gear hold up in pvp?

ACTroyan

The expertise rating on pvp gear forces you to keep a seperate gearset for pvp/pve, pretty much the same way resilence did in wow. The bonuses gained from expertice are clearly superior to the stat advantages same level pve gear has. On the other hand pvp gear is definitly inferior to pve gear in a pve szenario.

The expertise rating on pvp gear forces you to keep a seperate gearset for pvp/pve, pretty much the same way resilence did in wow. The bonuses gained from expertice are clearly superior to the stat advantages same level pve gear has. On the other hand pvp gear is definitly inferior to pve gear in a pve szenario.

Defensive wise, I agree. I'm not convinced offensively it is better.

I have roughly 300 more strength, 4% more crit, 17% more crit damage, and 1000 more health in my pve gear than my pvp gear. That is with full champion.

I do have a good amount of Rakata gear so it is an equal comparison. I'm curious how it stacks up against BM gear.

I do more damage in my Rakata/Columi set than I do in PvP gear (as Rage). The downside is you lose the dmg reduction that Expertise also grants, but that's a tradeoff that you have to make to gain more killing power.

My survivability isn't THAT bad in full PvE gear. I have almost 18k HP unbuffed so it's more than full BM geared players (aside from tanks) by a good 1k+

I do more damage in my Rakata/Columi set than I do in PvP gear (as Rage). The downside is you lose the dmg reduction that Expertise also grants, but that's a tradeoff that you have to make to gain more killing power.

My survivability isn't THAT bad in full PvE gear. I have almost 18k HP unbuffed so it's more than full BM geared players (aside from tanks) by a good 1k+

Except full BM geared players have a 13% expertise damage bonus and damage mitigation. Which obviously means, equal skill equal everything. They will win.

So if you want to win huttball lots wear full rakata gear, rakata stim and the best gear around and walk around with 26k health laugh as fools try to burn you. Laugh as fools try to heal you. Just laugh as you jump from person to person making a 1man huttball team. Lose at every other bg unless you switch into your bm gear. Do not compare columni to battlemaster entirely different tiers.