Incentivise the Republic side and do it NOW

Archaar

Fixing the faction imbalances would be a start, there's not too many but they're large enough to make a difference.

The one i've noticed the most is commandos mortar volley vs mercs death from above, the delay on mortar volley is just stupid:mad:

Honestly I don't like the idea of incentives to play republic. The game is already easy enough as it is without needing to make it easier.

What they need to do is offer FREE Faction swap for like 1 or two weeks for Imp players to switch to republic and monitor the swaps and only allow xxxx amount per server based on the imbalance as a first come first serve.

I am willing to wager a lot more people would be willing to play republic if they didn't have to reroll and lose all their current character progress.

Why do imperials constantly come into these posts and spout off garbage about how being the underpop realm is great cause you can show your skill etc etc.

When its 50v11 in ilum all day every day theres no room for anything except running hiding and hoping some imperial gets bored and splits off from the zerg so you can pick him off. I cant complain about warzones because in general on my server imperials are terrible at pvp and we win the majority of matches. Even with their free battlemaster titles from how much easier it is to farm ilum for large valor as an imp.

Ilum is a huge problem, and I honestly dont know why imperials dont want balance there. Is it fun collecting 120 boxes or waiting for some of the repubs to wander into the area you are camping wtih 15 players waiting?

I dont think anyone is complaining about like a 1.5:1 ratio here, but some servers are 5-10:1 and it needs to be changed ( ilum numbers, i realise faction balance might only go to 4-6:1 but people get tired of being 1 of 10-27 repub in ilum when there is 138 imperials in the zone.

Worst I have seen it on my server when looking is 6 republic 50s in ilum compared to 107 imperials, and its a pvp server.... Sometimes we pull up to 37 and its great for about 20minutes until more imps show up and split the zone into 2 50v15s instead

Problems with republic are limited to how bioware decided to make them all look ridicules.

1) I don't care if it goes against lore or whatever, let sages throw blue or green lighting

2) My scoundrel has a pink cloak and questionable cowboy hat, both PVE and PVP sets look identical, It makes me think I am an actor in brokeback mountain.

3) Have you seen sage's hats?

The population imbalance is ruining the game. I think Ilum could be boatloads of fun if i didn't have to sit at exit to base and play big mouth bass fishing to get my daily quests done.

Also until you actually do something about the retarded look and feel of republic player base. Please at least fix the mountable turrets so they actually respawn and are useable. blasting 70 imps in the back with that thing was the funnest pvp experience i have had in this game.....and that is pathetic.

Edited by Aarex

I feel ya

I spend a week on my PvP dailes and it's going on 2 weeks for my weekl, that's about average. I'm currently 7/9 and all 6 matches tonight have ended in defeat. Fully geared Imp teams just wipe the floor with us.

I have 4 pieces of champ gear and it's the saber 2 implants and gloves. That's it. I open my hard fought champ (By getting the comm's) and get squat. It's enough not to make me want to play Republic.

I don't mind losing but I want a fair fight. I want the same opportunity for gear that the Imp's get. On my Imp toon I have no trouble completing my War Zone dailies in one day. I average 3 bags a day on my Imp he is geared. I'm lucky to get 3 bags in a WEEK playing Republic.

Something needs to be done.

Edited by Ceasaigh

Honestly I don't like the idea of incentives to play republic. The game is already easy enough as it is without needing to make it easier.

Read all of the posts. "easy" isn't the point. The point is crappy artwork and uneven "mirrored" classes. The draw is much greater to the Empire side because of it and the numbers spread that margin even wider. Finding a Republic player in full Battlemaster gear is extremely rare...on Empire side it is harder to find the players that are not full Battlemasters.

WoW made the Blood Elf class because horde complained of all their choices having to be ugly. Who in their right mind wants to play a male char whose reward for making it to endgame/battlemaster gear is that they look like a lunch lady from a church school cafeteria?

I think it is time to provide realm/faction xfer incentive to even the numbers out, fix some gear artwork on Republic side, and go back over the supposed "mirrored" classes and make sure that the functionality of each skill (what it does and also how it does it) and make sure that they are actually mirrored. The only difference should be the name of the spell and the graphics to apply it.

One last note...on my server anyway, in civil war, it does not matter if we cap the first node 5 seconds before Empire side does.... our ship ALWAYS takes the first tick of damage. *** is that?

Edited by DFLuyando

Just mail Republic full BM at Valor 60.

It will work.

Right now the Gear gap is HUGE! And because it's so large the Republic is at a disadvantage. Republic players simply are behind the eight ball when it comes to being able to compete with Imps.

As I said I don't mind losing I want a fair fight.

Less huttball is an incentive in itself

It's funny because as a repub, I'd happily join your empire vs empire hutt b all every single time as it means I at least have a decent chance of winning a match from time to time.

On repub, unless I pre make, or end up in a match where half is pre made, we stand no chance.

Edited by kalexkhan

It's funny because as a repub, I'd happily join your empire vs empire hutt b all every single time as it means I at least have a decent chance of winning a match from time to time.

On repub, unless I pre make, or end up in a match where half is pre made, we stand no chance.

Agreed I haven't won Huttball in about 3 weeks. I said this would happen - Empire are just so much better at Huttball (Republic on our server wins most of the others or is 50-50 at the worst).