The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

I cant count the number of times i tried to log into WoW and couldnt due to maintenance.
i also can't count downtimes with no reason in that_game

or just with one short meaningless string…

becourse there nothing to count

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I'd like to point out, that it's me paying you not the other way around. Therefore my feedback can be as much as "this system sucks. Fix it". Negative feedback of this sort is all a company can expect. I don't have to tell you how to fix your game. It's your job to fix it then and come up with ideas, that actually make sense. Which you so far often fail to do.

Second of all you really need to tone down your expectations. From day one you disregard any constructive feedback whatsoever, literally [self-censored] your customers in the face. The rage, insults and rude behaviour is the effect of your doings, so deal with it. Dealing with it by deleting posts and closing threads will only hurt you, as people need to vent their rage somewhere. They'll either unsubscribe or start venting on other forums, which are read not only by your current customers, but also the potential ones. That's how black PR works.

Third of all there is no constructive feedback to give in the subject of the maintenance system. It's obviously and carefully planned to cater your american customers disregarding Europe entirely. Server statistics show, that EU servers are a couple times busier during maintenance hours than the american ones. You could at least have the balls to admit it instead of feeding us with your worthless [self-censored] about "performing maintenance in off-peak hours". There's nothing worse than lying to your customers in the dumbest possible way and expecting them to believe it. We feel like you think we're [self-censored]. We are not. Therefore stop pissing us off with your pathetic lies and admit, that you don't give a flying [self-censored] about your european customers, which are basically half of your playerbase (based on server stat graphs). We'd have a clear view then, unsubscribe and watch your pathetic game crumble to dust while playing something we can actually play whenver we want.

Fourth of all today's maintenance was a bad joke. There are no critical updates in your patchnotes, I can see no fixes like "fixed an exploit, which allowed the attacking side to leave their spawn area before the game begins" or "fixed an exploit, which allowed players to run with the speed of light carrying the ball in huttball games". All I see are quest fixes and some class balancing changes. This could have been done any other day, but you had to pick saturday, which is, for a lot of us, the main part of the week we can play the game.

Last but not least you will not tell me how to give you feedback and I'd strongly advise you (trying to be constructive here) not to control the community on your forums like that, because that will only cause people to create unofficial forums, where they can flame you any time they feel like they need to do it. Accept the fact, that forum is a place you can actually check how the playerbase feels. In case you can't see it alread I'm going to give you a clear message: We're pissed off.

Shame I bought 60 days in advance.

Regards,

Kalantris

Agree 100%. I couldn't have said it better.

Highlighted for BW and for that USA players who think they are the center of the world. Maybe now, they both understand that EU player ARE NOT SECOND CLASS CUSTOMERS.

Don't misunderstand me, i love the game but i can't stand being abused.

Edited by zomson

Bioware is getting complaints daily about things that need to be fixed. When they run some sort of maintenance that is not on a Tuesday that may be fixing or setting the ground work for fixing a problem, Bioware gets complaints.

Which answer is right?

Do I wish there was more communication? Sure. But, other games are about as informative.

Do I think it sucks to be in EU? Sure. But SWTOR doesn't have global data centers like other games. It's an unfortunate side effect for having a different system than others. Of course, on those others, an american can't easily play with europeans, and vice versa.

But seriously, just relax. No one likes losing out on leisure time, especially on weekends. But, I feel like people really over-react to the situation. Do you really have absolutely nothing else you can do? If not, then I kind of feel sorry for you.

I'd like to see how understanding our american friends will be after several US prime time 5-8 hours maintenance...:rolleyes:

I've dealt with that with WoW and with other games. I've dealt with only have Tuesdays as a day off and not being able to enjoy a game. I've dealt with losing power for three days. I've dealt with being unable to access my internet. I understand that it sucks. I understand that weekly maintenance during your primetime sucks.

But, I also understand that my ability to play a game doesn't dictate my ability to have fun or enjoy leisure time.

Edited by KittyPrawn

I work late nights in the US, and was online when I saw the "Emergency Maintenance" message pop up. This didn't look like it was planned so that it could screw over the EU, and I wouldn't plan on seeing this as a common occurrence. However, I suppose if you want to go ahead, take your money away before the game has a chance to get off it's baby legs, and show that both BW and the USA are dumb, go for it.

Here's to hoping that knee-jerk reactions don't kill the game.

:rolleyes:

Bioware is getting complaints daily about things that need to be fixed. When they run some sort of maintenance that is not on a Tuesday that may be fixing or setting the ground work for fixing a problem, Bioware gets complaints.

Which answer is right?

Do I wish there was more communication? Sure. But, other games are about as informative.

Do I think it sucks to be in EU? Sure. But SWTOR doesn't have global data centers like other games. It's an unfortunate side effect for having a different system than others. Of course, on those others, an american can't easily play with europeans, and vice versa.

But seriously, just relax. No one likes losing out on leisure time, especially on weekends. But, I feel like people really over-react to the situation. Do you really have absolutely nothing else you can do? If not, then I kind of feel sorry for you.

I doubt people would mind as much if today's maintenance was to fix an exploit or a critical bug that mass comprises the game in some fashion and not just this with another 8 hour maintenance 2 days away:

General

Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

Would you go do something else and pay me for a product that I wont deliver? Sounds like you might... Only 15€ per month (thats cheap right, and you get to do what ever you want too, other than use the product that is...)

PM me for payment details :cool:

Edited by C-Bee

I doubt people would mind as much if today's maintenance was to fix an exploit or a critical bug that mass comprises the game in some fashion and not just this with another 8 hour maintenance 2 days away:

General

Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

But, what if a number of players can't play at all because they are consistently disconnected? What if you were that player? Would you see it as a minor issue that could wait til Tuesday, or would you see it as a major issue because you want to play?

Would you go do soemthing else and pay me for a product that I wont deliver? Sounds like you might... Only 15€ per month (thats cheap right, and you get to do what ever you want too, other than use the product that is...)

PM me for payment details :cool:

You're talking like you play 24 hours a day anyway. At $15/month, you're getting more than your money's worth, unless your only time to play happens to be Tuesday during maintenance.

Edited by KittyPrawn

its not a matter of down time, its a matter of us paying for the down time, and not getting refunds, i for one have had enough and will close my acount since this game is only 30% done! futher more the surport is a joke, i had more info then the GM i talked to, not to mention that he spoke english like a 4 year old! i would be calm if we atleast got refunds for the down time we have every 3 days atm.

Really guys, I understand the frustration, but in all seriousness it is not that big a deal. And before anyone gets on my backside about being American and therefore not being affected, I am Australian.

I think a lot of people are throwing temper tantrums over really a small issue. You think you are hard done by, you are not.

Certainly the customers in North America do get a little better service than us, but the game is based in North America, so sometimes we have to sacrifice a little. To be honest, I find it a little pathetic how many people are raging over their inability to play for a few hours. Surely there is something else in your lives you could be doing until it comes back online.

For any players outside the US and EU, we have to put up with patches in our PEAK time. Peak! And you guys are complaining about 3-6pm? Seriously? I get back from work, have dinner and then find I am unable to play for the entire night because the servers go down, but I just go and spend time watching a movie with my partner or- GASP- just simply talking!

Priorities, obviously a lot of people here don't have them.

General

Maybe their PR does not allow them to tell us about the fixed exploit. Maybe this exploit was not fixed, so it would make sense to not tell us about it. Conspiricy.

Edited by GHeissi

I cancelled account and still have until tomorrow to play, and only really have the weekends to play, as the maintenance in the weekdays prevents me from playing, and now this maintenance has now stuffed up todays playtime. I thought Sat and Sun was safe from maintenance - guess not.

Although the servers are back up now, I am unable to play still. I was going to resub again next Saturday, but after this downtime I am not, until either they add in a subscruiption scheme where you pay for time - buy 2 hours worth, and if you play for 30 mins one month, then you still have 1.5 hours to play in the future even if it is not for a month or so later,or they get their act together and do EU maintenance at a time better suited for EU players,like they said they would

I'd like to see how understanding our american friends will be after several US prime time 5-8 hours maintenance...:rolleyes:

I've seen emergency maintenance during prime time on numerous MMO's over the last 10-12'ish years. It happens. It sucks. And if you actually read the TOU that you agreed to, you would know that this can happen at any time. It doesn't matter if you are an EU, Empire, or smuggler player - things are going to happen during the course of the game that are going to affect your gameplay. This includes downtime.

It is unbelievable how disrespectful they are to EU customers... patching (seemed to be a pretty useless patch) on prime gaming time doesn't make any sense at all, except for telling "we don't care at all about you".

I have so far invested a lot of time in swtor, one main and 5 alts in order to be able to craft all kinds of gear, and it feels like Bioware treat me like ****! Who knows, maybe all for good since I took time to download the EVE Online client and started a 14-day trial account. Will check in next weekend i.e. then I have long uninterrupted playtime, and continue my gaming. Until then testing of something else.

Well, that was the last straw. Account cancelled. Since I signed on for 6month that gives them quite some time to get their **** in order, but it seems that this is the only way to get a message across to such a bunch of greedy US-centric people.

EVE is looking like fun btw, never checked it out before as I figured it was nothing for me, maybe I should re-evaluate my stance on that now, even though I'm still in the tutorials.

Edited by MareLooke

That would change dramatically, but not going to happen...

I would go Play Witcher 2, Assassin's Creed, WoW, or who knows, maybe go hang out with friends....

Besides, these maintenances hardly ever happen during EU primetime...During the early afternoon yes and I admit that a Saturday afternoon is during their Primetime but people need to calm down. It was only a few hours and I'd rather them fix things now than later if they deem it urgent.