4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

So what is better Emergency Maintenance with no warning or the way BW performed this maintenance? Give BW a break, no matter when they do maintenance it will be during someones play time.

Have a nice day

emergency? i could not spot game breaking stuff in the changelog.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus christ EU player, quit complaining. it 4 hours. go outside or something. its not that bw hates the EU, they just think its the best time to roll out a patch. and if its a weekend patch, then its important. would rather play a broken game or a somewhat fixed game?

It was 5 hours, as they kindly extended it, of the 8 hours I will be able to play this week. The hid the annoucement of it in a post listing a different date in the title so I was expecting to be able to play. It was working fine for the 2 hours I played last night so I am not really sure where this 'broken' idea comes from.

Yes I can do something else, but when I get a chance to have a lazy saturday morning in after hard weeks work why shouldn't I?

Meanwhile, on my account's cancel subscription page....

-------

Reason: Customer Support

Refined Reason: Lack of support

Text:

All my tickets where replied with a copy-paste and immediately closed. No issues were solved. No GM ever tried to contact me.

I'm EU, i pay A LOT for this game, i want BETTER treatment than my US counterparts, and i'm not getting it.

So yeah, .|. o.o .|.

Oh, and maintenance on a saturday? GG!

-------

So yeah, i'm out in 20 days when my account expires, lets see what they do to make me stay.

Edited by Lascas

jesus christ EU player, quit complaining. it 4 hours. go outside or something. its not that bw hates the EU, they just think its the best time to roll out a patch. and if its a weekend patch, then its important. would rather play a broken game or a somewhat fixed game?

It is not 4 hours, for me scheduled maintenance is from 9am to 17pm that is 8 hours math genius. Besides that they said it will take longer...

So what is better Emergency Maintenance with no warning or the way BW performed this maintenance? Give BW a break, no matter when they do maintenance it will be during someones play time.

Have a nice day

Unfortunately it was useless maintainance in middle of the weekend :mad:

The EU servers are in Dublin, Ireland, Europe. I don't give a f... where BW's HQ is, that is completely irrellevant.

The game is OFFICIALLY released in EU. It's not like EU are playing on US servers (in which case maintenance times would be completely understandable).

Physical location doesn't matter much. They have East Coast and West Coast Servers in the US too. Does Asia have servers too? What matters is how the deployment system works. It looks like the deployment system they are using is writing out to all the servers at once (maybe staggered a bit). I am sure it's run by guys in Austin despite the server locations.

I know that when I worked for Morgan Stanley. Our deployments were done by our staff in their offices in Princeton or Halifax and the software was deployed worldwide.

Doing multiple deployments for the same software just increases labor costs. They are already paying someone to get up in the middle of the night to do deployments now. Why should they pay that person even more over time to do it twice or 3 times.

First of all I'd like to point out, that it's me paying you not the other way around. Therefore my feedback can be as much as "this system sucks. Fix it". Negative feedback of this sort is all a company can expect. I don't have to tell you how to fix your game. It's your job to fix it then and come up with ideas, that actually make sense. Which you so far often fail to do.

Second of all you really need to tone down your expectations. From day one you disregard any constructive feedback whatsoever, literally [self-censored] your customers in the face. The rage, insults and rude behaviour is the effect of your doings, so deal with it. Dealing with it by deleting posts and closing threads will only hurt you, as people need to vent their rage somewhere. They'll either unsubscribe or start venting on other forums, which are read not only by your current customers, but also the potential ones. That's how black PR works.

Third of all there is no constructive feedback to give in the subject of the maintenance system. It's obviously and carefully planned to cater your american customers disregarding Europe entirely. Server statistics show, that EU servers are a couple times busier during maintenance hours than the american ones. You could at least have the balls to admit it instead of feeding us with your worthless [self-censored] about "performing maintenance in off-peak hours". There's nothing worse than lying to your customers in the dumbest possible way and expecting them to believe it. We feel like you think we're [self-censored]. We are not. Therefore stop pissing us off with your pathetic lies and admit, that you don't give a flying [self-censored] about your european customers, which are basically half of your playerbase (based on server stat graphs). We'd have a clear view then, unsubscribe and watch your pathetic game crumble to dust while playing something we can actually play whenver we want.

Fourth of all today's maintenance was a bad joke. There are no critical updates in your patchnotes, I can see no fixes like "fixed an exploit, which allowed the attacking side to leave their spawn area before the game begins" or "fixed an exploit, which allowed players to run with the speed of light carrying the ball in huttball games". All I see are quest fixes and some class balancing changes. This could have been done any other day, but you had to pick saturday, which is, for a lot of us, the main part of the week we can play the game.

Last but not least you will not tell me how to give you feedback and I'd strongly advise you (trying to be constructive here) not to control the community on your forums like that, because that will only cause people to create unofficial forums, where they can flame you any time they feel like they need to do it. Accept the fact, that forum is a place you can actually check how the playerbase feels. In case you can't see it alread I'm going to give you a clear message: We're pissed off.

Shame I bought 60 days in advance.

Regards,

Kalantris

May I be your Padawan ? :p

The real world.

Though it's horribly cold and damp this day. Hopefully the winds don't pick up, would make a nasty gloomy morning more morbid.

Wish someone would tell the rest of the world that Saturday is Prime Time all day, to me it's a work day, or catch up on doing everything I didn't have time to do due to work day and my God why does it only last a few hours when you need more I mean hell I still need to finish laundry and go shopping and it's only the morning and noon will be here in a few hours!

Entitlement leads to nothing.

It IS prime time all day, most people don't work.

Bioware still has much to learn when it comes to MMO games... hope they will before the downfall of this otherwise great game.

Seriously... people have school and work during the week. And you take away the only time they can play... great job idiots.

I love this game. As an EU customer, It doesn't bother me if they take down the servers during the week as most people are/should be at work/school during daytime hours.

However, taking down the servers without warning and extending the maintenance without ETA on a saturday during peak hours in the EU is showing a considerable disregard for European customers.

I really want this game to succeed but this kind of policy makes me want to hit BW in the only place they will take a hint: their wallet.

Exactly my sentiment.

I really want to like this game. BW is just making it so bloody hard.

I even resubbed 2 days ago to give it another chance, needless to say my credit card details are now pulled from the site for good.

It was a server side patch not client side. Why the hell didn't they take the servers down during off peak hours based on server location?

This saturdays rage was preventable.

I can understand problems with lack of version control if client is updated but for a server only update.

Bioware deserve this rage

I could be wrong did anyones client actually update or are you using the same client you were using yesterday?

Have a nice day

Am pretty sure what pisses people off is they did it on a weekend when a lot of people could be playing and on top of that couldn't get the servers back online in time even. Tuesdays, no biggie, people got school, work etc...and Aussies get their own launch in a couple months.

Doing multiple deployments for the same software just increases labor costs. They are already paying someone to get up in the middle of the night to do deployments now. Why should they pay that person even more over time to do it twice or 3 times.

Why? Maybe to not lose subscriptions? Just a thought, we don't have hard facts yet. ;)

Edited by GHeissi

Why not only patch it 1 time a week then? i have played it to lvl 50 now and have not seen any bugs that can't wait to be fixed on that day so important is it not that this annoying downtimes have to be several hours all week trough gosh!

I love this game. As an EU customer, It doesn't bother me if they take down the servers during the week as most people are/should be at work/school during daytime hours.

However, taking down the servers without warning and extending the maintenance without ETA on a saturday during peak hours in the EU is showing a considerable disregard for European customers.

I really want this game to succeed but this kind of policy makes me want to hit BW in the only place they will take a hint: their wallet.

They put out a warning yesterday evening (US time) about it. This is something they don't want to do but felt the need to for this issue. To me people not being able to play because of disconnects is a big issue. IMO it would have been worse for them to hold this patch until Tuesday and let the people with disconnect issues fight through them all weekend than to pull the servers down for a few hours and allow everyone a disconnect free experience.

I have now cancelled my subscription.

Yet again you shut down the servers in prime time (EU) on the weekend / bank holiday with little to no warning for 'maintenance'. Your communication is utterly terrible as is your so called support.

It has been now over a month since going live and you have still not worked out a sensible maintenance routine and it is quite obvious that there has been little to no planning for dealing with it in the four years this game has been in production. I don't see why I should put up with losing the best part of a weekend because of this lack of planning and forethought nor why I should pay for the privilege.

This is a shame as the game isn't that bad when I can actually play it.