Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, the world is ending since you cannot play a Video Game for a few hours! OH MY GOD! It's true! 2012 is the coming of the end!

Game came back online around 1330-1730(though 1730 is really stretching it since not many Subs that far out there) on a Saturday. That's 1:30 to 5:30 PM for us in America.

You mean to tell me, that the people complaining sat on their asses all morning and into the afternoon screaming at their monitors to play a game that they could not due maintenance?

This ladies and gentlemen, is a true sign of how the world will end. The entitlement, gimme attitude etc is very... disturbing.

Need I say more?

Am I stupid? Why is it so hard for me to find the patch notes?

And secondly - that's it? That was the reason for a weekend unscheduled maintenance? Wow. :eek:

Something about this patch just isn't right, I get the feeling there's more going on than what we've been told, like maybe something got quietly nerffed, who knows. Also why was there no client update this time around? Thats a first..

To me Bioware just proved how inexperienced they are seriously they need to learn what is high priority fix and what not common patch notes say they fixed a **** what maybe affected players once after 6 hours play how about game braking stuff like the t3 weapons are downgrade instead of upgrade or hard mode raids failing becouse of bugs or not to mention they always disable posting rights on the forums that there will be no complain.

but that also fails since all gaming forums are full with complains how poorly they handle this gaming service 6 hours down time for nothing they should add to those patch notes

*Fixed to prove how ignorat we are towards to the community

How more posts do you need to understand you have to split Europe maintenance times from US every maintenance you do Europe loses 6-8 hours game time at which Bioware does not look like they intend to give those times back

I love this game. My complaint is that I cant actually play the sodding game that I pay to play.

5 hours on a Saturday morning.

anyone who has kids will be up at this sort of time. I was.

My daughter and i sit down and play together, its the only bloody chance I get on a saturday. I gave up a lie in only to discover that the game was off line unnanounced.

I could have at least accepted it if the patch was truely ground breaking - but seriously - the reason was utterly ridiculous. They fixed it for a few people who were getting DC by DC the ENTIRE GAME for 5 and half hours!

Sir, is a "lie" what i think it is? In the US I believe we call it a "lay." Semantics, and no offense intended, I just wanted to make sure I knew what it was.

First of all I'd like to point out, that it's me paying you not the other way around. Therefore my feedback can be as much as "this system sucks. Fix it". Negative feedback of this sort is all a company can expect. I don't have to tell you how to fix your game. It's your job to fix it then and come up with ideas, that actually make sense. Which you so far often fail to do.

Second of all you really need to tone down your expectations. From day one you disregard any constructive feedback whatsoever, literally [self-censored] your customers in the face. The rage, insults and rude behaviour is the effect of your doings, so deal with it. Dealing with it by deleting posts and closing threads will only hurt you, as people need to vent their rage somewhere. They'll either unsubscribe or start venting on other forums, which are read not only by your current customers, but also the potential ones. That's how black PR works.

Third of all there is no constructive feedback to give in the subject of the maintenance system. It's obviously and carefully planned to cater your american customers disregarding Europe entirely. Server statistics show, that EU servers are a couple times busier during maintenance hours than the american ones. You could at least have the balls to admit it instead of feeding us with your worthless [self-censored] about "performing maintenance in off-peak hours". There's nothing worse than lying to your customers in the dumbest possible way and expecting them to believe it. We feel like you think we're [self-censored]. We are not. Therefore stop pissing us off with your pathetic lies and admit, that you don't give a flying [self-censored] about your european customers, which are basically half of your playerbase (based on server stat graphs). We'd have a clear view then, unsubscribe and watch your pathetic game crumble to dust while playing something we can actually play whenver we want.

Fourth of all today's maintenance was a bad joke. There are no critical updates in your patchnotes, I can see no fixes like "fixed an exploit, which allowed the attacking side to leave their spawn area before the game begins" or "fixed an exploit, which allowed players to run with the speed of light carrying the ball in huttball games". All I see are quest fixes and some class balancing changes. This could have been done any other day, but you had to pick saturday, which is, for a lot of us, the main part of the week we can play the game.

Last but not least you will not tell me how to give you feedback and I'd strongly advise you (trying to be constructive here) not to control the community on your forums like that, because that will only cause people to create unofficial forums, where they can flame you any time they feel like they need to do it. Accept the fact, that forum is a place you can actually check how the playerbase feels. In case you can't see it alread I'm going to give you a clear message: We're pissed off.

Shame I bought 60 days in advance.

Regards,

Kalantris

What he says.

Originally Posted by Ellvaan

Greetings everyone!

We recently removed several posts from this thread for not being in compliance with our Rules of Conduct.

While we do welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, we ask that your feedback be constructive. For better understanding on helpful feedback, please refer to this thread by Allison Berryman.

As a reminder, please keep the following in mind when replying:

Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Please note the topic is in regards to the following sticky by Courtney Woods:

Please note that if you wish to continue the general discussion of maintenance and its impact on our EU community versus feedback about this specific maintenance, we ask that you please continue this discussion here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=191480

Additionally, you can see the Patch Notes 1.1.1 HERE

We encourage you to please be constructive and civil in your posts. If rude and insulting behavior continues, we will be closing this thread.

Thank you for your patience!

Americans are good at censoring stuff aren't they...

Am I stupid? Why is it so hard for me to find the patch notes?

And secondly - that's it? That was the reason for a weekend unscheduled maintenance? Wow. :eek:

I'm with you there, what's say we go destroy Coreilla with a nuke?

Nah not even that would quell my rage from being denied game time on the weekend, overnight, after my children and infant son are asleep, you know...because apparently they think "off peak" hours are not the weekend.

It's as if they never got done working, got home, got the kids to bed, husband/wife asleep and sat down for an all night play session.

You mean to tell me I got stopped from getting to 50, (2 little bar ticks by the way), for eight hours for THAT?!

Are you out of your freaking minds?!

I play mostly during weekends due to a full schedule during the week, since my job at times require for me to put in extra hours.

During the weekends, my prime game time spot is actually Saturday morning and afternoon, since I tend to spend my evenings in the company of friends and family.

When I pay my subscription for the privilege of playing online I expect to actually be able to do so, especially when I choose to play during a timeframe that is normaly considered as prime (or very close to prime) game time. I expect for the service I pay for to be available, just like I expect my other subscription based services, like cable, to be available when I choose to utilize them during a perfectly acceptable time of day/week.

Something about this patch just isn't right, I get the feeling there's more going on than what we've been told, like maybe something got quietly nerffed, who knows. Also why was there no client update this time around? Thats a first..

Lol patch notes link to swtor from launcher just throws me to main page... tho non-browser link (inside launcher) works.

But really a huge changelog for 5 hrs during sat... sigh

Go do something else for bit. There is a lot to life.

That is a mindless comment!! SOME people do A LOT during the rest of the week and Saturday morning is the only time they have to play so why say such a dumb thing without thinking first that you might possibly not know every single players weekly schedule?

Sir, is a "lie" what i think it is? In the US I believe we call it a "lay." Semantics, and no offense intended, I just wanted to make sure I knew what it was.

My Good man - I actually have no idea. We call it a lie in (pronounced that way) but for all I know it may well be written as lay in.

I dont know.

And you have distracted me from y BW hate. :p

Bioware how long can you ignore other timezone's ?

Blizzard Entertainment can do it ? you cant ? why not if i may ask ?

Our servers are hosted in Ireland right ?

So whats the problem here ?

You already got 2 maintenance teams then i supose ? USA / EU ?

Seriously i know you need to burn out fixes, but taking them down on weekends when people are finaly free from work is not a bright idea and you piss off many many people in the process.

This is not about a 1 time downtime, its about ALL your downtimes affecting players in EU.

Count all these hours up at the end of the year and see how many playtime EU players miss with your lack of insight and we should get a free month each year...

Do it at nightime when commen people sleep yes.

1 word for you Bioware --->F A I L<---

I've just cancelled my subs, don't see why I should keep paying for maintenance so that Americans can get all the game time.....

Will we get reimbursed for game time? probably not...

I kinda wish SOPA had passed, get rid of America off of the internet, then maybe the rest of the world might be considered for stuff..

America isn't the centre of the universe you know (even if they would like to think so) o.o

Oh no, the world is ending since you cannot play a Video Game for a few hours! OH MY GOD! It's true! 2012 is the coming of the end!

Game came back online around 1330-1730(though 1730 is really stretching it since not many Subs that far out there) on a Saturday. That's 1:30 to 5:30 PM for us in America.

You mean to tell me, that the people complaining sat on their asses all morning and into the afternoon screaming at their monitors to play a game that they could not due maintenance?

This ladies and gentlemen, is a true sign of how the world will end. The entitlement, gimme attitude etc is very... disturbing.

First of all, the patch here is during day time. Perhaps this time is the only time i can play today? Perhaps we dun want a maintenance on a saterday morning/midday

I don't know wich idiot decides to patch in a weekend during the day, but you should fire him, or fix the maintenance window to suite a continent.

If i would roll out a patch during the mid of day, i would be fired... And if i do have to roll out an emergency patch i have to do it during lunch time.... :s This patching during the day... is ... ****ed up..

Bioware are racist only penalising EU players

You keep using that word, I don't think it means quite what you think it means.

Here let me help.

racist

[rey-sist] Origin

rac·ist

  [rey-sist] Show IPA

noun

a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.

adjective

of or like racists or racism: racist policies; racist attitudes.

No no my friend, I think you mean Nationalist.

But really maybe just a tad bit uncaring, I'm an American and even I think it's BS for our brothers and sisters across The Pond.

Need I say more?

Other then proving my point?

They kept to their word, morning to early afternoon isn't considered Prime Time after all, people asked for this. I'm not the one whining about it, I am the one getting much amusement from the whiners though.

Nothing starts a morning like laughter, well that and coffee. It's going to be a good day, and my friend Woody in Canterbury agrees.

Well, it's getting clearer by the day that not only do BioWare not know how to handle a AAA MMO, they also don't give a stuff about their EU community. I was hoping to spend some serious time on this game, but week by week BioWare are gradually wearing me down, to the point where I'm looking at the next game that might be released and once again moving on from a game I enjoy but is let down by the developers.

I'm not unsubbing (yet) but I am resigned to the fact that the next half decent game to come along, I'll be deserting this ship.

Edited by Mandrax

First of all I'd like to point out, that it's me paying you not the other way around. Therefore my feedback can be as much as "this system sucks. Fix it". Negative feedback of this sort is all a company can expect. I don't have to tell you how to fix your game. It's your job to fix it then and come up with ideas, that actually make sense. Which you so far often fail to do.

Second of all you really need to tone down your expectations. From day one you disregard any constructive feedback whatsoever, literally [self-censored] your customers in the face. The rage, insults and rude behaviour is the effect of your doings, so deal with it. Dealing with it by deleting posts and closing threads will only hurt you, as people need to vent their rage somewhere. They'll either unsubscribe or start venting on other forums, which are read not only by your current customers, but also the potential ones. That's how black PR works.

Third of all there is no constructive feedback to give in the subject of the maintenance system. It's obviously and carefully planned to cater your american customers disregarding Europe entirely. Server statistics show, that EU servers are a couple times busier during maintenance hours than the american ones. You could at least have the balls to admit it instead of feeding us with your worthless [self-censored] about "performing maintenance in off-peak hours". There's nothing worse than lying to your customers in the dumbest possible way and expecting them to believe it. We feel like you think we're [self-censored]. We are not. Therefore stop pissing us off with your pathetic lies and admit, that you don't give a flying [self-censored] about your european customers, which are basically half of your playerbase (based on server stat graphs). We'd have a clear view then, unsubscribe and watch your pathetic game crumble to dust while playing something we can actually play whenver we want.

Fourth of all today's maintenance was a bad joke. There are no critical updates in your patchnotes, I can see no fixes like "fixed an exploit, which allowed the attacking side to leave their spawn area before the game begins" or "fixed an exploit, which allowed players to run with the speed of light carrying the ball in huttball games". All I see are quest fixes and some class balancing changes. This could have been done any other day, but you had to pick saturday, which is, for a lot of us, the main part of the week we can play the game.

Last but not least you will not tell me how to give you feedback and I'd strongly advise you (trying to be constructive here) not to control the community on your forums like that, because that will only cause people to create unofficial forums, where they can flame you any time they feel like they need to do it. Accept the fact, that forum is a place you can actually check how the playerbase feels. In case you can't see it alread I'm going to give you a clear message: We're pissed off.

Shame I bought 60 days in advance.

Regards,

Kalantris

Thank you Kalantris.

That is a Perfect post you made.

The 4 hours are for reducing the number of kicks back to the character select screen.

Nothing else, according to the patch notes.

That's impressive.

I wonder what the server team thinks about doing an saturday morning graveyard shift for that.