Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

Obi-Wun

Only consequences for #@!% jobs is the /ignore function. Any more than this and it'll be %*#@ jobs abusing whatever system you put into place to punish them in the first place. Or, in my opinion, the ability to "punish" other players will bring out the #%!$hat in people more than a RDF will.

While I agree that some people can act ridiculous when in groups, this point needs to be made time and time again; These people will act this way in any situation, not just when grouped x-server.

The ability to punish could be implemented with a group vote-kick for individuals that are being obviously malicious.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that some people can act ridiculous when in groups, this point needs to be made time and time again; These people will act this way in any situation, not just when grouped x-server.

The ability to punish could be implemented with a group vote-kick for individuals that are being obviously malicious.

I completely agree.

The people that are willing to invest the time into playing MMO's are of two overwhelming categories; teenagers with a lot of free time, and people in their 20's and early 30's.<snip>
Very good post. It sums well my feelings on the subject by the way.

I honestly don't know if this was a joke or not.

If not - well first of all this is not exactly a bargaining table. Also, we will most likely never see wookies, "yodas" or gungans as a playable race because of a simple reason.

Have you bothered to look at the already playable races? They were all picked and implemented for a specific reason, namely their similarities. They are all about the same size, they are humanoids and you can use the same voice actor for all of them.

If you wanted to implement new races which differentiate from that scheme then you would have to get new voice actors, modify armor and clothing etc... Yeah. Won't happen.

Most non humanoid characters can just speak alien which is easy to implement , Qyzen Fess the Trandoshian speaks with a gurgling sound and Bowdaar just talks in growls , they could just implement subtitles .

Most non humanoid characters can just speak alien which is easy to implement , Qyzen Fess the Trandoshian speaks with a gurgling sound and Bowdaar just talks in growls , they could just implement subtitles .

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand. But thanks for contributing.

Wondering if the "awesome" subscriber numbers and now EA's stock going up today will allow Bioware to add cross-server tech to the game? If that is what was holding back the investment in the tech, to see if SWTOR would be a success?

Hopefully they've been working on it in the background and we won't have to wait six months to see it. If they even decide to eventually go that way, with their "philosophy" that it breeds jerks. Which I still must lolololol too. :p

I highly doubt a game that was sold on voice acting wants to produce excessive dialogue that sounds like gibberish. Also, the cutscenes would have massive framing issues and catastrophic bugs to them because it probably

Sigh still the same 3 posters bumping this thread.

Bioware please disregard. Keep Saying no to cross-realm LFG tools.

BUMP! :p

Actually, nevermind. I'm/we're having a discussion here about a much needed and wanted tool that SWTOR is severely lacking. But I AM glad to see you appeared scared enough to bump this thread for us.

And yes, we NEED cross-realm LFG tools. BUT for now, some us are willing to compromise with a same/cross server choice in the tool. Or just some sort of better tool in 1.2. Anything. Just to know that Bioware is at least going to try to address this problem with some sort of timeline.

Also, I forgot to add earlier I did a solo Black Talon run on my level 29 Sith Inquisitor. Was really fun. Totally like a Disneyland ride. Would love to have 3 other people/strangers to run it with at level on my 4 other Sith alts. Can't wait to try out ALL the Flashpoints at level when/if they add a tool. And maybe even HM at level 50.

Edit to add: Hey Touch! Maybe Aeon unsubscribed?

Edited by BlueSkittles

Had to add this to a new post, sorry to bump again (lol).

Here's some more feedback from that other developer about that other game which I think gives more insight into the popularity of LFD and what might happen for SWTOR:

"[...] Yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development."

"Take LFG. Yes, convenient, it's quick, it's good! But at the same time it destroyed server communities and turned the whole experience of going to dungeons from a fun adventure into a mini-game grindfest. Overal? Bad change in my opinion."

"The option to manually find people for your group and travel to the dungeon is still there, so you're totally free to continue doing it that way if you wish. But LFD is a very handy and convenient tool for most people, its popularity demonstrates that beyond a doubt.

Having said that, we're very aware of these concerns, and we're working hard on ways to get players out of the cities and back into the world again in Mists."

"You're basically telling us that we're wrong for not liking these features of WoW, because the numbers are against us. A lot of people use LFG, so that must mean it is fantastic?"

"No I'm not saying that at all, but it's clear that many people appreciate it. The point you make about a path of least resistance is true, but it's a fine balance. Make something too easy (such as a free gear vendor) and it's no fun, no challenge. LFD keeps the challenge part (the dungeon) but alleviates the often-long-winded group-finding part, allowing people to quest or gather mats, just go about other tasks while a group is found for them. Granted, it's not for everyone, some people enjoy putting a group together personally but, again, we're not forcing anyone to use it.

As I said just now, we've acknowledged people might have issues with some of the changes LFD made to the game. We're hearing it loud and clear, and we're working to address some of these in the expansion."

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2638-February-2-Hotfixes-64-bit-Client-Blue-Posts?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by BlueSkittles

Here's some more feedback from that other developer about that other game which I think gives more insight into the popularity of LFD and what might happen for SWTOR:

"[...] Yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development."

"Take LFG. Yes, convenient, it's quick, it's good! But at the same time it destroyed server communities and turned the whole experience of going to dungeons from a fun adventure into a mini-game grindfest. Overal? Bad change in my opinion."

"The option to manually find people for your group and travel to the dungeon is still there, so you're totally free to continue doing it that way if you wish. But LFD is a very handy and convenient tool for most people, its popularity demonstrates that beyond a doubt.

Having said that, we're very aware of these concerns, and we're working hard on ways to get players out of the cities and back into the world again in Mists."

"You're basically telling us that we're wrong for not liking these features of WoW, because the numbers are against us. A lot of people use LFG, so that must mean it is fantastic?"

"No I'm not saying that at all, but it's clear that many people appreciate it. The point you make about a path of least resistance is true, but it's a fine balance. Make something too easy (such as a free gear vendor) and it's no fun, no challenge. LFD keeps the challenge part (the dungeon) but alleviates the often-long-winded group-finding part, allowing people to quest or gather mats, just go about other tasks while a group is found for them. Granted, it's not for everyone, some people enjoy putting a group together personally but, again, we're not forcing anyone to use it.

As I said just now, we've acknowledged people might have issues with some of the changes LFD made to the game. We're hearing it loud and clear, and we're working to address some of these in the expansion."

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2638-February-2-Hotfixes-64-bit-Client-Blue-Posts?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

/bumpbumpbump.

It is quite the exaggeration to say that only 3 people have bumped this thread for over 500 pages. Please stop attempting to downplay the importance of this thread by trolling to derail the topic.

You know, I've still not seen a single good reason for not implementing a LFD tool. Simply saying "No, we don't need this." is not a justifiable reasoning. You all still wouldn't have to use a tool like this, it's completely your prerogative to group manually with your friends or guild. Why would you limit someone else their game play because you personally wouldn't like to use it? That is a rather selfish view.

We would like to be able to play this game too. Not just the story, ALL of it.

As it is, we have to either sacrifice play time to devote towards grouping, or sacrifice grouping to devote towards play time.

Edited by McBinary

who says it has to be Cross-realm? stop thinking if it's added it will done just the same as WoW did it....

The current system works just fine IMO. An automated matchmaker is nothing more than something that would just check the WHO page for you and seems like a bit of a lateral move from the current LFG box.

I honestly would rather have the UI team work on something more desirable to the community like a more customizable UI/hotbars.

The current system works just fine IMO. An automated matchmaker is nothing more than something that would just check the WHO page for you and seems like a bit of a lateral move from the current LFG box.

I honestly would rather have the UI team work on something more desirable to me like a more customizable UI/hotbars.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Moricthian

I honestly would rather have the UI team work on something more desirable to the community like a more customizable UI/hotbars.

It is working so fine that no threads requesting an improved LFG have emerged. Wait...

Belligerent responses not needed.

Personally, Anyone has the right to suggest. But that's what it is, a suggestion. You can even discuss but there is no reason to debate anyone's suggestion. Just makes for bad air. So to speak.

I believe they should put more focus into other things than a dungeon finder. BUT just another opinion.

Edited by Palenen

Personally, Anyone has the right to suggest. But that's what it is, a suggestion. You can even discuss but there is no reason to debate anyone's suggestion. Just makes for bad air. So to speak.

I believe they should put more focus into other things than a dungeon finder. BUT just another opinion.

I don't have a problem with him making a suggestion or an opinion, I just don't like it when people act as if their personal opinion reflects the opinion of the entire community.

At this point it isn't a suggestion, they are implementing a LFG/RDF/LFFP mechanic. If you don't want responses, don't post?

Edited by MalignX

Shockingly they are working on a RDF/LFG/LFFP and UI customization at the same time.

You and your little finds

One issue they are going to have to address if they make queued servers is the amount of dailogue in some of these instances like Black Talon. I honestly couldn't sit through a full dialogue option everytime I decided to run one of these instances. It would be nice if you could get the dialogue in the form of a holocom that takes up a small box worth of space off to the side that appears while in combat and remove your interaction wheel dialogue.