Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

Obi-Wun

I'm sorry but I can't label any doomsaying argument, raising a mere tool as a pandora box, as valid.

Rephrase your aguments, explaining how the LFG tool' implementation, even in its server wide only iteration will have detrimental effects on the game, and then we'll be able to judge of their validity.

Talking with your kind is like talking to a wall, there are enough valid arguments in this forum - just because you close your eyes and dont want to see them, doesnt make them disappear.

You glorify the wow tool, we see it critical and want to improve it. BW will know how to handle this.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should be able to choose with whom they want to play, which dungeon and how. I have no idea why you people dont want to compromise there and still demand the wow tool.

In the end such an improved tool would also give you your groups, but if it does then the chance of a fail group will be minimized and it will be a group of like minded players.

We all want an improved tool, no one is saying it has to be identical to the WoW tool. I've stated my personal opinion that a cross server tool is probably needed but I've willing to wait and try out a server only tool first.

Edited by Touchbass

Please allow me to repeat you.

Conclusion? Cocaine is one hell of a drug

Someone does come up with arguments, with another try to compromise and all you got are insults. I dont understand why calling me a "drug addict" is in any way helpfull but ok thats your way of doing it...

Talking with your kind is like talking to a wall, there are enough valid arguments in this forum - just because you close your eyes and dont want to see them, doesnt make them disappear.

You glorify the wow tool, we see it critical and want to improve it. BW will know how to handle this.

My two options proposals, are far from implementing a LFD ala WOW 2.0. In that regard I don't know what you are reffering to.

Secondly, apart from the loss of accountability, I have seen zero valid arguments, only hyperboles and other exaggerations claiming that its implementation will destroy an entire online community.

I've been asking the same questions for weeks and have tried to throw the gauntlet down.

Honestly If I get a real response void of conjecture, rhetoric or anecdotal evidence that can demonstrate that a X-LFD destroys communities I'd abandon my ideas in a heart beat. All I hear is the typical 'the proof is the pudding response", only thing is it's just customized differently.

Why would Blizzard expand it's functions to raids and other games start adopting it if it was such a bad tool that destroyed the communities?

Indeed. And what's funny is the fact that they think such arguments will convince the developers. I might shock some, but while they are humans and might makes mistakes, they are not idiot. I can assure you that any unfounded doomsaying message is swept away quickly by them.

For now, developers have one problem: players complain that they have difficulties to form groups at all or in good delays. They are looking for solutions - not for nonconstructive posts claiming that "X thing is bad because I say so."

Edited by Ethern

Someone does come up with arguments, with another try to compromise and all you got are insults. I dont understand why calling me a "drug addict" is in any way helpfull but ok thats your way of doing it...

Alright, I refuse you converse with you anymore. I've demonstrated that you lie, and can give many more examples and yet you refuse to even admit you made a mistake. You don't play by the rules of logic and I will not converse with anyone who doesn't.

I dont lie at all, I state fact´s. If you dont believe me, open your eyes - type "wow.forum" at google and read the posts there.

Many people have the problems of the LFD which I have been trying to show you, more than once.

You dont want to see them, because you are totally excited about somekind of tool, which you most likely didnt use that much at all, to understand its consequences.

I can only repeat myself here,

to improve the tool we have now is the way to go. To copy the wow tool isnt, as its having too many flawed features.

People should be able to choose with whom they want to play, which dungeon and how. I have no idea why you people dont want to compromise there and still demand the wow tool.

In the end such an improved tool would also give you your groups, but if it does then the chance of a fail group will be minimized and it will be a group of like minded players.

Just imagine that you come home, log in "tick the different boxes" and then get a group. It would be so much more fun than the wow tool, where you end up so often with people who are not like you and terrorise you by blackmailing you with the kick button if you dont do as they want.

Another option is, that such tools should be added at specific servers only - for instance at pvp and pve but not at RP. In that way you can have your wow tool but others that know how bad it is, can play at RP Servers.

But no, you ignore all these things...

What you obviously don't get is that everything you've repeated over and over again, are only your personal experiences and OPINIONS. Yet you constantly insist they are more correct, valid, or informed than anyone else.

Edited by MalignX

I dont lie at all, I state fact´s. If you dont believe me, open your eyes - type "wow.forum" at google and read the posts there.

Many people have the problems of the LFD which I have been trying to show you, more than once.

You dont want to see them, because you are totally excited about somekind of tool, which you most likely didnt use that much at all, to understand its consequences.

These are not facts. Period.

I dont lie at all, I state fact´s

Ok, lets look over your post history and let the facts speak.

if you get into a group with strangers then they will blackmail you at every given time

The problem is, that you dont help casuals, moms, children etc. by a LFD tool - you make it worse for them

If you search for a group manually, then you get in dungeons faster

By introducing such a tool now, how shall people make any friends? Its impossible.

I do know exactly how many people were around at what time

That's a big list of blatent lies without even breaking a sweat.

Edited by Touchbass

If you can use the current tool, where you talk to people, you wont end up in such groups like you have just described. If someone wants a rush, then you wont join him anyways - so he cant terrorise you at all.

The thing is, if you get into a group with strangers then they will blackmail you at every given time. Look how it does happen at wow all day in and out.

What you dont want to skip bosses? *kick*

What you dont want me to roll for my offspec *kick*

What you dont want to pass for my friend *kick*

What you dont pull 20k dps *kick*.

Reading this forum is fun and sad at the same time. It seems like people got somekind of amnesia, as they dont remember how bad the lfg at wow always was. But honestly I think the most of them didnt even play wow or are exactly those rude people who want to use the lfg tool to terrorise others - as they cant do this now, as nobody will join their groups then.

Again, none of these are FACTS.

We all want an improved tool, no one is saying it has to be identical to the WoW tool. I've stated my personal opinion that a cross server tool is probably needed but I've willing to wait and try out a server only tool first.

The problem isnt cross server or not, the problem is that there never was any choice of grouping.

People must be able to choose with whom they want to play. A casual should never end up with an elitist, just like a progress player should never end up with a baddy.

At wow the player has no influence at all, where he wants to go, with whom and how the run or loot rules should look like.

This then ends up in all that chaos, where people get kicked, insulted or groups disband.

You can not have a game where an automation does build the groups, MMO´s today have too many different kind of players, you can not throw them all into 1 pool.

Its really not that hard to understand if people would look a bit further than just the usual "we want the tool".

Just imagine that you come home, log in "tick the different boxes" and then get a group. It would be so much more fun than the wow tool, where you end up so often with people who are not like you and terrorise you by blackmailing you with the kick button if you dont do as they want.

Another option is, that such tools should be added at specific servers only - for instance at pvp and pve but not at RP. In that way you can have your wow tool but others that know how bad it is, can play at RP Servers.

Ok, I'm not ignoring your points. Here goes:

What I forsee of your system, having check-boxes for the type of people you want to play with, is a very interesting idea. I remember your post from earlier and liked the idea behind it. Kind of like we have been suggesting by having []same-server & []cross-server choices.

My problem with both of those systems is complication and time. If there was time for Bioware to try out these kinds of choices, the Beta was that time. They no longer have that time.

I know I've threatened to quit (which is a kind of whining) if Bioware doesn't at least implement something in the near future, but it's still a valid feeling and issue. If I'm not able to play the kind of game I want, the kind of gameplay that other games DO have, it's a BIG issue for me. Enough of an issue to vote with my dollars and give them to another game. That game would then be World of Warcraft, which has all of they systems that are addressed in the thread. Especially since they will be coming out with an expansion very soon which will have all kinds of interesting and new content. I will also be playing Diablo 3 soon, as I want to make real money off of their auction house. Then maybe play Guild Wars 2, which is also coming out soon. So Bioware is kind of on the fence now and they know it.

Which leads to my point of they should implement a system in which I KNOW works, have liked for over 2 years, and I see being improved upon. It is completely my opinion. And in a better world, I would give SWTOR the time to try out all of the options, such as yours and such as the same vs cross server choice. Their time is fading fast. And having that kind of time to ****-up and experiment is no longer the world of MMO's. Or the real world.

Edited by BlueSkittles

The problem isnt cross server or not, the problem is that there never was any choice of grouping.

Your opinion.

People must be able to choose with whom they want to play. A casual should never end up with an elitist, just like a progress player should never end up with a baddy.

According to who? You? Opinion.

At wow the player has no influence at all, where he wants to go, with whom and how the run or loot rules should look like.

This then ends up in all that chaos, where people get kicked, insulted or groups disband.

Your personal experiences. Wonder what the common denominator there is?

You can not have a game where an automation does build the groups, MMO´s today have too many different kind of players, you can not throw them all into 1 pool.

YOUR OPINION.

Its really not that hard to understand if people would look a bit further than just the usual "we want the tool".

Sure, with indisputable facts like these, why would we ever ask for something we want.

opin·ion

noun \ə-ˈpin-yən\

Definition of OPINION

a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b : approval, esteem

a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a generally held view

a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based

— opin·ioned adjective

See opinion defined for English-language learners »

See opinion defined for kids »

Examples of OPINION

We asked for their opinions about the new stadium.

In my opinion, it's the best car on the market.

The article discusses two recent Supreme Court opinions.

Ok, I'm not ignoring your points. Here goes:

What I forsee of your system, having check-boxes for the type of people you want to play with, is a very interesting idea. I remember your post from earlier and liked the idea behind it. Kind of like we have been suggesting by having []same-server & []cross-server choices.

My problem with both of those systems is complication and time. If there was time for Bioware to try out these kinds of choices, the Beta was that time. They no longer have that time.

I know I've threatened to quit (which is a kind of whining) if Bioware doesn't at least implement something in the near future, but it's still a valid feeling and issue. If I'm not able to play the kind of game I want, the kind of gameplay that other games DO have, it's a BIG issue for me. Enough of an issue to vote with my dollars and give them to another game. That game would then be World of Warcraft, which has all of they systems that are addressed in the thread. Especially since they will be coming out with an expansion very soon which will have all kinds of interesting and new content. I will also be playing Diablo 3 soon, as I want to make real money off of their auction house. Then maybe play Guild Wars 2, which is also coming out soon. So Bioware is kind of on the fence now and they know it.

Which leads to my point of they should implement a system in which I KNOW works, have liked for over 2 years, and I see being improved upon. It is completely my opinion. And in a better world, I would give SWTOR the time to try out all of the options, such as yours and such as the same vs cross server choice. Their time is fading fast. And having that kind of time to ****-up and experiment is no longer the world of MMO's. Or the real world.

If BW add´s a tool, then they need to build it from scratch anyways. I highly doubt that they walk over to Blizz and ask them for their code :)

So even if they would start right now with it, it might not come before summer.

From this point of view, I definately think that working out a good way of improving the current tool, so that it has the good features of wow but not the bad ones is key to success in the long run.

If they just add a tool similar to wow, because they want to keep people playing then they risk losing them as soon D3 or the panda´s arrive.

I do think so because why would you play Tor, if you can have a more advanced game like wow, if both are the same? Tor must score because its different, thats the only chance for BW in the long run.

Many people are like you and I dont think that you are the kind of person who does play a game for a very long time, no offence. Even if they add it now, once D3 hits you leave :)

I think, you need to go back a little, page 45, 3rd post down is what I was making reference to people not really reading. It does not help anyone when you take a secondary post and take it out of context.

Here's the post again for convenience sake - but without the inner quotes that would put the top few paragraphs in context. As a side note, I generally don't use TL;DR because if I can scroll back 5-6 pages when I post, everyone else can do the same and actually read the other posts too.

I'm going to zero in on this last bit if you don't mind.

I played in BC - I also full pugged. I was one of the few that didn't resort to /trade to get groups the majority of the time. Magister's Terrace is the only place I recall using trade for every once in a while, and that was when I was in a group already and we wanted a faster run. Other than that, even that place was generally LFD.

We usually didn't have issues. Even without standard CC - as a druid I got creative with roots.

We didn't 'need' the content nerfed. In fact, the biggest reason I ever saw content nerfed was because of one issue - many classes did not have effective CC. This game isn't lacking the CC, so the excuse that pulls are too hard and therefore need nerfed shouldn't fly. They should be looking at what's actually going on in dungeons and check if it's because people are trying to practice just /faceroll in the fights.

If I remember what I read somewhere else correctly: Light is >200. Standard is, if I remember right 200~ 3.5k. Heavy is 3.5k+. They did not build the servers with the thought that they would have a big population on each as far as I can tell.

I disagree. Maybe you missed my first several posts and what I keep offering as a compromise, which, is repeated again in this post by someone else:

That's not all or nothing. It offers a help to low pop servers if they don't want to merge. It also offers server only to those that wish to take advantage of that aspect. I'm pretty sure that's as close to meeting in the middle and not having it all one way or another that we're going to get.

The original concept for this is that

[]server only.

*Would allow only people from your server to join your group q. This is to include people on your own server that are in the cross server q.

[]Cross server

* Allows players that wish to expose themselves to the larger population and other servers to do so in group - a player in cross server may end up in a group which is full server only. A player which ends up with one or more people in queue for server only, but is queue cross server will only be eligible for server only groups as long as those individuals are in group. As soon as those individuals leave or change queue they will be eligible to get replacements from cross server. The system will not highlight who is or is not queue for server only to help prevent some griefing.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but that's not screaming 'zomg I quit if it comes in!' and it's not sayong 'NO NO NO server only!' nor is it screaming ' NO NO NO x-server only!'. That is the closest thing I've seen or come up with that would be a compromise. Which, if you feel it isn't, I'd like an explanation.

Understand, a compromise is where both sides make concessions.

The proposal that's been made is the only one that I see doing this. Which, for those of you new to this series of threads - If I remember correctly - MalignX and the rest of the pro-xserver have already agreed that it'd be ok. So they've already hit a middle ground that is a compromise and made concessions to the other side which allow them to continue playing as they wish.

Something I haven't seen anyone even think about responding to /arguing with when added to the system which allows a choice between ques is this.

I've suggested giving rewards for having someone in group with you that's guild and/or friended if not a combination of the two - which would reward those that wish to be in a guild. Furthermore, I mentioned the possibility of rewarding server only Queues - though if you're already rewarding friend/guild there's no real point to this other than trying to triple stack what those individuals already get - which is hardly fair for those that don't wish to use that option. I think allowing a max of 2 rewards off 1 queue would be a good idea.As for the point of rewarding under-represented roles, I would be all for it - if they chose to allow those rewards in pre-formed groups, otherwise the system discourages some community and does the exact opposite of what I think bioware would want.

This may encourage some team play more than spamming random pug over the x-server. That again, offers more of a concession/compromise which gives a tangible reward for taking part in building your server's community. Those that wish to take part in x-server will likely just grab a friend that's in guild and hit it if the social/small bonuses are good enough to make them want them.

There may be some level brackets which will 'need' more of a cross server run than server only, but if you have at least a few friends or guildies on, you'll still get those same rewards as for server only queues.

Now - something some of you that are hard line - no - to cross server, get this. I prefer server only, however, I get that that is too confining to some people, and I have no issues with them having options, as long as I get them too.

As for 'x-server kills guilds' I'm sorry, but my guild in WoW is thriving with x-server. Only a few lone wolves hit x-server without asking guild. Generally, we grab from guild first because we know for a fact that it's more likely that we'll do well with a guild group than a full pug group. We aren't dying because of x-server, we're doing well, and we're using the system to augment our play - not letting it become the only way we play. As for raiding with LFR in that guild? Our lower geared members hit it and the LFD/x-LFD with guild and with guild alts as needed to allow them to become geared enough to be able to catch up with the rest of the guild for normal raid progression without us having to change around raid nights to get them up with the rest. The guild I'm in by the way, rather fluid in that we have a few that are military who have occasionally had to vanish for months on end because of work. This means we've had to build a strong second line of raiders that don't mind rotating out off and on when they're gone/home.

The fact is, my experience states that LFD does not hit a guild that has a strong back bone, nor does it hit the smaller mom and pop type guilds with any force. However, everyone will have a different experience than mine - as we are all different people from different servers and situations.

I really can't find any sympathy for anyone that allows a system to use and run their game play rather than using the system to do what they want if they're looking to be social.

Another point I would like to make - the few friends I have that quit WoW over the LFD tool - chose to move away from the server(s) we started on and stopped grouping with guild/friends. They chose not to be part of the community and then *****ed that x-LFD was the reason. The truth is, they moved away from and stopped grouping with friends - which in turn caused a few of their LFD experiences to go sour. It was not the system's fault they left - it was their fault for choosing a different style of play and moving away from the community they were a part of. It is not the x-LFD system's fault if you choose to use it as the only means to group and refuse to utilize your guild or friend's lists, it is your fault.

As for my play in this game for those that are curious - no, I have not joined a guild. My primary reason for this is I generally am duo with one of my friends and do not have any plans on raiding - though I do want to hit hard modes occasionally. I do not, however, want to join a guild for those, I rather find a nice RP guild to socialize with, and if they plan on running HM with me and not having me pug, so be it. Social and RP guilds as far as my experience has shown me, are not hit by the LFM/LFD system one bit because we are in it for different reasons than the rest of you.

Concessions:

a : the act or an instance of conceding (as by granting something as a right, accepting something as true, or acknowledging defeat) b : the admitting of a point claimed in argument

: something conceded or granted: a : acknowledgment, admission b : something done or agreed to usually grudgingly in order to reach an agreement or improve a situation

Compromise:

a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

(Edited by moving one paragraph up so it may make more sense with where it was placed)

Now..

*snip*

See... now we get farther into this. My issue with the idea of making the more complicated check system than just x-server not x-server is people will intentionally/unintentionally label themselves as something they're not to get more/faster groups. The reason I zeroed in on the choice between x-server and server only is this.

People have stated they want server only qs - it's a fact. Many of them think it helps community and helps with finding guilds (which I agree with) both in rift and in wow I ended up meeting my guilds in server only dungeons. However, I also get that sometimes, people just want a pick-up-game which has no strings attached. That's what x-server offers.

The most/best you could do with a queue that goes farther in depth on classifying things is probably a check box on speed run or no speed run - and that could be added into any system. No one is intentionally going to classify themselves as a bad, but they will classify themselves as casual or elite/etc. You need to word things so people will use the right option if you go for anything like this.

The thing to understand here is that there never was a choice before on what you got in group, even in server only player made groups you occasionally got the guy that really only wanted certain things and dropped after their needs were met. You never knew at the start of a run in BC, or in any pug in DDO who was after what or when they'd bail if they got whatever they wanted. You found out after they got it and went 'Oh, something came up, g2g!'.

It wouldn't be too hard for them to do it after implementing whatever current system they're working on, but before adding in cross server.

Remember, they're not even working on x-server at the moment, right now, as far as I know, they're working on a server only system and 'will get back with us' when they're done with it. If they're keeping up with the posts they may have seen the concept and might have a little board or something where they're ticking off what people have said on the issue.

I already dropped my sub, they have 160 days to fix things before they loose me, but my reason for leaving was more error 9000 and lag than anything else. I don't hit the issues, but my partner does and that's game breaking for me since he's not always that happy about playing.

Edited by Manathayria

If BW add´s a tool, then they need to build it from scratch anyways. I highly doubt that they walk over to Blizz and ask them for their code :)

True. I guess I was more referring to the design side of it. They said they are still designing it and will get back to us once they are developing it, they will let us know what that is. Why the hell do they have to wait to design it when they can just copy WoW's. But maybe you're right, they're trying to help out your issues with the WoW LFD.

So even if they would start right now with it, it might not come before summer.

Very true.

From this point of view, I definately think that working out a good way of improving the current tool, so that it has the good features of wow but not the bad ones is key to success in the long run.

Agree that they should improve the current tool and add good features of WoW.

If they just add a tool similar to wow, because they want to keep people playing then they risk losing them as soon D3 or the panda´s arrive.

I do think so because why would you play Tor, if you can have a more advanced game like wow, if both are the same? Tor must score because its different, thats the only chance for BW in the long run.

Many people are like you and I dont think that you are the kind of person who does play a game for a very long time, no offence. Even if they add it now, once D3 hits you leave :)

Not offended. Just impatient and sad. And maybe I'm not the type to play a game for years on end anymore. Maybe WoW was an exception and I'll never play a game the same. My hope was that having a really good LFG system would help make me love SWTOR more, but perhaps not.

And I NEVER wanted to go back to WoW. I was done. SWTOR was going to be it for the next seven years. SWTOR improves upon WoW and every other MMO in almost every way. And unfortunately not having a proper LFG/LFD just happens to be a way that I'm willing to unsubscribe over. I never thought it would be. I thought I would be able to get past it, when I heard they didn't have a good system. But either way, I'm frustrated, angry, and sad.

And not hearing a peep from them isn't helping. :D

Par for the course, did you read my above EDIT MalignX?

Ya, I just put her on ignore. There's no point in having a conversation with her.

My awesome pro-LFG scenario:

Dude A - has a guild, but isn't the same level as everyone on, or is missing a tank/heals, or wants to run something the rest don't.

Dude B - Doesn't have a guild, but isn't some mythical evil doer just waiting for his chance to Ninja phat lootz, and funnily enough still wants to run some Flash Points.

Chick A - Has a hundred friends on her friends list, is in a thriving Guild, but just has a certain window of time to play today.

Dude C - Is über leet bad mofo looking to get as many Flash Points as he can cram into the day.

All four queue up for RDF, get grouped together, have a awesome time running the Flash Point without "socializing" with one another, everyone gets the loot they want, finish the Flash Point and go on with their lives. All the better for their experience.

This hypothetical is the undeniable fact-based only scenario to consider when you go to the ballots and cast your vote for RDF 2012!

I actually heard an interview recently saying the devs are working on cross server for WZ's since cross server is the only way a level bracketed PvP system would be feasible. i'll try and find it.

I'm somehow not surprised... WZ is probably the best place to test this. Once they have it right for WZ it would be a small step for them to hit it for groups...

If they ever decide it's needed to go x-server FP it would be interesting to see if they add in any of the suggestions made to improve and change the systems so it's not the same as wow's and is a new/unique thing that makes this game special.

I'm somehow not surprised... WZ is probably the best place to test this. Once they have it right for WZ it would be a small step for them to hit it for groups...

If they ever decide it's needed to go x-server FP it would be interesting to see if they add in any of the suggestions made to improve and change the systems so it's not the same as wow's and is a new/unique thing that makes this game special.

Yeah, WoW couldn't do X-LFD till they had the ability to make people queue across servers which X-PvP did

It wouldn't be too hard for them to do it after implementing whatever current system they're working on, but before adding in cross server.

Remember, they're not even working on x-server at the moment, right now, as far as I know, they're working on a server only system and 'will get back with us' when they're done with it. If they're keeping up with the posts they may have seen the concept and might have a little board or something where they're ticking off what people have said on the issue.

I already dropped my sub, they have 160 days to fix things before they loose me, but my reason for leaving was more error 9000 and lag than anything else. I don't hit the issues, but my partner does and that's game breaking for me since he's not always that happy about playing.

I was not so secretly hoping that myself and others were going to convince them to jump right into having cross-server as soon as they implement a better tool. Hubris, of course, but still a hope. And even though something is nagging my brain about having the same/cross server choice might be a bad thing, if that is the only problem they add with a new tool, it'll be a win just to have an improved tool.

I actually heard an interview recently saying the devs are working on cross server for WZ's since cross server is the only way a level bracketed PvP system would be feasible. i'll try and find it.

Was it is this interview I posted in some long lost thread with Gabe Amantangelo (part about brackets starts at 13 minutes in):

And yep, with WoW it started with "Battlegroups". Groups of server in order to keep queue times for Battlegrounds low. So with SWTOR we need Wargroups. ;)

Edited by BlueSkittles

Anybody who is against LFG has too much time , just like me !!

And is a freaking selfishe person , who cannot see that others don´t have time !

For a casual promoting STORY envoirement MMO , already things are out of balance.

So to retain your future subscriptors , who are a coming from bioware social .

B are the casual lot , not hardcore MMO but cause of BIOWARE completeness and dedication to get all quests done !!

You beter implement a LFG system soon , cause while things are fine in the 1-30 range.

Things get out of wack after Colloid wars .

Now anybody saying no need for LFG , don´t use it !

Spam the trade keep to your guilds and friends , and keep being selfishe and greedy.

Honestly , this is priority issue one , since the 50 groups are getting less and less.

Instead of MORE and MORE like promised .

Yeah, WoW couldn't do X-LFD till they had the ability to make people queue across servers which X-PvP did

Yea, I remember that. I believe honor change was pre-bc, then bc had the x-server pvp but I don't remember for certain, I just remember it had that prior to dungeons and no one ever really thought much of it.

I was not so secretly hoping that myself and others were going to convince them to jump right into having cross-server as soon as they implement a better tool. Hubris, of course, but still a hope. And even though something is nagging my brain about having the same/cross server choice might be a bad thing, if that is the only problem they add with a new tool, it'll be a win just to have an improved tool.

I've got a feeling there may be issues with it too, but I can't peg them down beyond 'coding nightmare'. I do know WoW's current x-LFD has it built in, but it's not a check box, it just runs server side check for people then x-server. My understanding is it runs server check w/times then the x-server check w/times and if they're close enough gives server side people preference over x-server when you queue. The secondary check from the user saying no to x-server would basically block the second check it runs for x-server for them. The complication with the tool would be throwing them into the same queue as people going full server/x-server. I imagine it'd be a coding nightmare, but doable. They'd have to start testing with it likely right after x-server for WZ was ready and after indicating they'd be considering x-server.

Oh, @ RachelAnne

I've posted a few times to try reminding everyone not to be insulting when it starts going more in that direction. Not trying to really target anyone with that unless they are flat disrespectful and insulting to everyone and added literally, nothing to the discussion worth noting. You have not once fallen into that category.

I've tried only targeting the ones that have nothing more to say than 'You're all anti-social ******es and that's why you can't get groups!'

What you obviously don't get is that everything you've repeated over and over again, are only your personal experiences and OPINIONS. Yet you constantly insist they are more correct, valid, or informed than anyone else.

You just said this to yourself didnt you?

I find it sad and fun, that a guy like you who does ignore everyones opinion by the phrase "your opinion doesnt matter, mine does and is the only truth" keeps posting the same stuff all the time.

I try it one last time, then I give up with you.

Your opinions are not more valid than anyones else. To only see your own truth is not the way to go and you will not get very far in life, if you dont change this kind of attitude soon!

Your behaivour is called trolling for a reason, if you ever want to be taken serious at forums, then change it.

Learn to accept that people at forums post their personal view on different matters. To agree or disagree is your thing, but please learn that your opinion is not more true or wrong than the opinion of anyone else.

I hope I could help you a bit, if not I dont know. Maybe someone else wants to volunteer... and explain this guy that his opinion is just his personal view and not more valid than of anyone else. Good luck!