So I hit 50... with my second toon

Jocken

I like the game, the storyline is awesome and the way it present the plants are awesome.

There is just one thing that kind of irks me a lot. Its the lack of storyline after you hit 50. Its like the game turns into an eternal grind ofr valor or for HM's or for operations.

While that is all good for those that likes gear, for me not so very much. Id like to continue with the story driven quests or story driven hm's and by that I dont mean a guy saying "go in that area and smack the jedi...." I mean more meat on the bones.

If I am to get into an operation id like for it to have a purpose more than to get gear, to drive the storyline further. After you hit 50 and done all the hm's there are and all the operation, then what? daily grind?

That is not a game I can stand behind 100%.

There needs to be more. much much more. and the developers that speaks of whats coming has not mentioned very much more than it will be a few more operation(aka grind for gear) and Ui changes... nothing more about the actual storyline.

I am rapidly growing as bored with this game as I was with WoW's eternal grind for gear. and I hope that swtor will be a bit more than its predecessors.

not every MMO. take Star trek Online, there is a TOn of stuff you can do after you hit max level. There is STF (their version of ops) and there is the chanse to run as diplomat etc, there is enough to do without having to become a grind.

and as for the question how much more I want? simple answer. enough to last me playing 4-5 hrs a day and not grind the same thing over and over again every single day. Repeat quests are acceptable but then make it so many it does not feel a grind.

I like the game, the storyline is awesome and the way it present the plants are awesome.

There is just one thing that kind of irks me a lot. Its the lack of storyline after you hit 50. Its like the game turns into an eternal grind ofr valor or for HM's or for operations.

welcome to teh world of MMOs this days.

The thing is if you dont have fun playing wz and pvp after a while then yeah you will get bored. BUt that is true to all games isnt it?

While that is all good for those that likes gear, for me not so very much. Id like to continue with the story driven quests or story driven hm's and by that I dont mean a guy saying "go in that area and smack the jedi...." I mean more meat on the bones.

If I am to get into an operation id like for it to have a purpose more than to get gear, to drive the storyline further. After you hit 50 and done all the hm's there are and all the operation, then what? daily grind?

That is not a game I can stand behind 100%.

There needs to be more. much much more. and the developers that speaks of whats coming has not mentioned very much more than it will be a few more operation(aka grind for gear) and Ui changes... nothing more about the actual storyline.

I am rapidly growing as bored with this game as I was with WoW's eternal grind for gear. and I hope that swtor will be a bit more than its predecessors.

Every game's story has to end (or pause) somewhere. You can't have a never ending storyline. You beat the game, twice. The story ends there until the first expansion comes out.

actually the idea of the foundry (player created content) is not as bad as it may sound. some of the stuff coming out of the foundry is so good that it beats the developers ideas by strides.

How do they keep that balanced in terms of rewards/progression? Make it worth nothing and people will shun it. Make it worth something and it would seem to be easily exploitable.

How do they keep that balanced in terms of rewards/progression? Make it worth nothing and people will shun it. Make it worth something and it would seem to be easily exploitable.

players do the questlines etc and they submit proposal to the developers who in turn run them through test shards(ptr) and if it looks good and balanced(of course it takes a few months) then its released live.

now you may ask yourself why bother? imagine then having 1000 player submitting quests and areas for the quests, and imagine in a year having the developers plus the players areas, its a huge thing...

not every MMO. take Star trek Online, there is a TOn of stuff you can do after you hit max level. There is STF (their version of ops) and there is the chanse to run as diplomat etc, there is enough to do without having to become a grind.

and as for the question how much more I want? simple answer. enough to last me playing 4-5 hrs a day and not grind the same thing over and over again every single day. Repeat quests are acceptable but then make it so many it does not feel a grind.

I LOL'd.

I think for me the issue is not that the story ends but rather the all sudden realization that after the story SWTOR really is a weak MMO. I really does feel like two distinct games in one.....1) A well done single player story driven game that at the end turns into 2) a disjointed poorly designed MMO IMO lacking alot of 'features' that at this point should be common for any MMO.

I seriously don't get how, or why all these people are level 50 already, and you have two? You guys must sit here and play the game for 10+hours a day. Anyone would get bored after playing a game for long periods of time. Take a break once in a while. I'm still on my first character and already finished my free 30 days, and just started paying for a month about 4 days ago, and I'm only level 28. Take your time.. Why rush? Play other games, do other stuff, don't pour your damn life into a Star Wars game. Remember, its a game, not a life.

I will add to the cookie and give the OP 2 goats and a chicken ......

I call your goats and chicken and raise you a big *shrug*

This is a voice-acted game that took 5 (odd) years to get to this point. How fast does OP think they can roll out new stories... for 8 classes (actually 16, male & female), no less?

Move along already if you are bored.

I had to LOL.

4-5 hours a day of new content forever? Dream on.:cool:

This is just the way MMOs work. All end game content, in some way will be a grind. It is how interesting this grind is, which usually defines a game.

Once you have acquired max level, usually they will be combining 2 things. Which is story, along with acquisition of gear. The acquisition is usually put in place, so that a person feels a sense of progress within their character.

The end game content, should be more story driven however, and from what they have released- I presume that is their goal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.