EV puzzle completely broken, raid ends in frustration

We spent over two hours resetting and reclearing EV last night (after trying many times the night before) because the puzzle just will not complete as it becomes unclickable on the third level. We took breaks, read the forums, and tried every tip and trick suggested but nothing worked. So sad and frustrating to get that many people together to run something and then to wipe 2 dozen times due to no fault of our own.

Last night was our last raid night for the week so to end on that note is disappointing. I guess hitting reset doesn't actually reset the bugs - just the trash mobs.

We spent over two hours resetting and reclearing EV last night (after trying many times the night before) because the puzzle just will not complete as it becomes unclickable on the third level. We took breaks, read the forums, and tried every tip and trick suggested but nothing worked. So sad and frustrating to get that many people together to run something and then to wipe 2 dozen times due to no fault of our own.

Last night was our last raid night for the week so to end on that note is disappointing. I guess hitting reset doesn't actually reset the bugs - just the trash mobs.

we only ever had that occour to us once - and that was when we had both sides finish at the same time...

what we usually do is left, right, right left (aka finish north first, then south, then south and last North).

Allways wait for the Red screen message to show up bevore starting to click the last one on the other side.

and if you didn't do it yet - then i suggest you note down what you have to klick for each level to finish on each side bevore yoo start the encounter.

Edited by Lyandria

First off, you dont even need to clear the trash on the way to pylons; there is a outcrop of rocks before the first pat you come across, you then follow the wall north. There is a split in the rocks and you will see 2 yellow(non aggressive mobs) you walk past them and hop over the lava on to the rocks, jump up and you will be at the north pylon. Your 2nd grp then heads south but uses the giant fallen tree just south of you to take them to the south pylon, all while missing the trash. Describing it sucks? Watch the Youtube video on how to avoid trash ;)

SO YOU ARE HERE NOW!?!

EXCITING, the free loot awaits, but you have been locked out..happened to us too..you need to have each group finish the pylons in this order

1st north group first/then south completes

2nd south group first/then north completes

3rd south group first/then north completes

4th north group first/then south completes

Enjoy the loot

hey there. It is a puzzle boss so keep in mind that is there intent. They want you to whipe not because you couldnt dps down before the enrage or heal through the massive aoe they want you to solve the puzzle. wether this is working as intended or not here is an easy way to get a 1 shot

Norther pillar order of colors

Purple-Red-Green-Blue-yellow-whit

Southern pillar order

White-yellow-blue-green-red-purple

now this is what i have read/tested/seen/heard of and etc.

(im assuming this is hm cuz regular there is no way to mess this up)

basically each row needs to be done in least amount of clicks possible. So have competant people know these orders. and which way to make it move.

now for what seems to be important. Make sure south finishes there first ALWAYS. that means if you know its only gonna take 2 clicks to finish north. do one and WAIT for the south to do theres.

also keep in mind if the color you want is left of whats showing use the right and vice versa.

GL and feel free to pm me for anything else on this fight or others.

We did try a lot of the suggestions you guy have posted (we tried every suggestion we could find on the forums) yet the consoles become unclickable every time once we got to the third level on both/either camps. No matter what, it just quit working and then we stand around and try to exit while the enrage timer creeps up.

We literally reset it, try a different guide, have it bug out, exit, reset, try a different guide, rinse and repeat. I don't even think our guild wants to run EV next week or ever until a patch comes out.

If you let south complete the pylon first every time it won't bug out, speaking from experience.

Not always. We had the south complete first on Tuesday, but during the third wheel the puzle would not rotate after clicking the console. Resetting the instance did not fix the "un-movable wheel" bug.

Last night, we went back in and re-did the south solving first strat, and it worked.

but during the third wheel the puzle would not rotate after clicking the console. Resetting the instance did not fix the "un-movable wheel" bug.

We have experienced this as well. The console was clickable but the color would not change. Other times when the color did change it wasn't the color it was supposed to be which was soon followed up with a broken console.

I think it should be obvious, based on the fact that half of the threads on this forum are about this puzzle... that there needs to be some changes here.

The entire sequence is non-intuitive. Games should be designed so that the players can learn from failures and improve upon themselves. They should not be left scratching their heads about what went wrong.

If certain conditions are not met, the panels just don't light up for the next round. There is no indication why this happened. Is it a bug? or did the players do something wrong? Even a slight hint would be great.

Without the use of google, I could imagine it would take a new group 20+ tries to figure out this encounter. Occasionally, there is definitely a bug that occurs after the group has failed. The controls do not always reset. This means that the instance must be reset. Not only do we not know why it failed, but now a bug is preventing us from trying again until we reset and clear the path. This bug really adds to the frustration of the entire group. all attempts to report this to bioware have gotten the generic response "encounter is working as designed"

In the end, it could take a new group 4 or 5 hours to figure this out, while costing over 1 million credits in repair bills during that time. It is by far the most poorly designed area I've seen in this game.

please bioware make this puzzle more intuitive and fix the bug that doesn't reset the consoles occasionally.

havent done it on hardmode but on normal mode the game doesnt really give you a hint about what to do. i recongnized immediately that we needed to line up the colors to match and the clickable consoles was involved with that but other than that there is nothing that gives you a hint about how to go about solving the puzzle. if there is even a puzzle to it other than getting them to line up. if there is a certain order the game needs to give you some hint. such as if you have to do all south first and you do north first the game should flash somethign on the screen and reset the puzzle. this lets you know you did it wrong rather than just lock the wheel up and leave people wondering is it a bug, is it broken or did we do it wrong.

First off, you dont even need to clear the trash on the way to pylons; there is a outcrop of rocks before the first pat you come across, you then follow the wall north. There is a split in the rocks and you will see 2 yellow(non aggressive mobs) you walk past them and hop over the lava on to the rocks, jump up and you will be at the north pylon. Your 2nd grp then heads south but uses the giant fallen tree just south of you to take them to the south pylon, all while missing the trash. Describing it sucks? Watch the Youtube video on how to avoid trash ;)

SO YOU ARE HERE NOW!?!

EXCITING, the free loot awaits, but you have been locked out..happened to us too..you need to have each group finish the pylons in this order

1st north group first/then south completes

2nd south group first/then north completes

3rd south group first/then north completes

4th north group first/then south completes

Enjoy the loot

Hes right :)

Hes right :)

We did this the other night twice when we had some spare time (16m hard) and it failed both times. So either your solution doesnt work for 16, or it's bugged. The fact that if you read the forums there's about a dozen "solutions" says that none of them are. You've been getting lucky, or as I said you're doing it in 8 and that doesnt work in 16.

Or you could just complete south first every time :rolleyes:

I can confirm that this is a workaround for the bug that is successful on every difficulty level. We have completed the Pylons four weeks in a row with no bugs after simply solving the south first.

Before you begin, have each side figure out the minimum amount of turns for each row (example: 2L, 2R, 3R, 1L). Then, while the south is solving theirs, the north will get to where the next turn will solve the row and wait for South to solve. Once South has solved, north should solve. Rinse, repeat, win.

Please use this for reference:

Edited by Accomplice

I can confirm that this is a workaround for the bug that is successful on every difficulty level. We have completed the Pylons four weeks in a row with no bugs after simply solving the south first.

Before you begin, have each side figure out the minimum amount of turns for each row (example: 2L, 2R, 3R, 1L). Then the north will get to where the next turn will solve the row and wait for South to solve. Once South has solved, north should solve. Rinse, repeat, win.

Please use this for reference:

I'll try this monday, but I want to point out if you look through these forums you're solution is one of about a dozen that people swear "this is the one, this works every time". Even in this thread people can't agree if it's all S then N for every wheel, or NSSN

Edited by Mynden

I'll try this monday, but I want to point out if you look through these forums you're solution is one of about a dozen that people swear "this is the one, this works every time". Even in this thread people can't agree if it's all S then N for every wheel, or NSSN

Understood. Give it a shot and let me know, as I'd be interested in knowing if this is simply an internal RNG in the code behind the scenes or what. So far, everyone I've had try this strategy has been able to complete it without an issue. And as I've said, we have completed it on Normal, Hard, and Nightmare modes with the same results.

Good luck!

Edited by Accomplice

To stop the hate and arguing with these posts about the Ancient Pylons encounter, I HAVE YOUR ANSWER.

Yesterday whilst talking with a GM about a different issue, I had the chance to ask him/her about the Ancient Pylons encounter. I explained to him all the different methods to doing this fight that people were trying, and the response I got was exactly what i expected.

Summary, NOT QUOTE:

"The Ancient Pylons encounter on Hard/Nightmare modes is definitely on our list of fixes that will be implemented as soon as possible."

There you have it. The encounter is OFFICIALLY not working as intended and will be fixed hopefully sooner rather than later.

There are two kinds of "lockouts" from what we have seen.

If you get locked out of the consoles and they are no longer clickable, you've solved in the incorrect order.

If your consoles are clickable but the wheel doesn't turn when you click, you're experiencing what is probably a bug. I say it's probably a bug because resetting and doing the exact same order has always resulted in success for us when we run into this type of problem.

If this is how they want the encounter to work, a little feedback might be cool to add. Like an "Incorrect Input" error message. Something vague, but to let people know its a mechanic and not a bug.

This game has such a long history of quest objects incorrectly becoming non-interactable that it's very understandable that you would believe it to be bugged.

Edited by Ascendant

If you get locked out of the consoles and they are no longer clickable, you've solved in the incorrect order.

This is simply untrue. The consoles become unclickable for no reason and you have to exit area, reset instance, clear trash, and try again. It's a bug plain and simple.

Edited by IzaakVoitto

To stop the hate and arguing with these posts about the Ancient Pylons encounter, I HAVE YOUR ANSWER.

Yesterday whilst talking with a GM about a different issue, I had the chance to ask him/her about the Ancient Pylons encounter. I explained to him all the different methods to doing this fight that people were trying, and the response I got was exactly what i expected.

Summary, NOT QUOTE:

"The Ancient Pylons encounter on Hard/Nightmare modes is definitely on our list of fixes that will be implemented as soon as possible."

There you have it. The encounter is OFFICIALLY not working as intended and will be fixed hopefully sooner rather than later.

This has been stated a million times already by everyone who is using the workarounds to get past the bugs. The issue of pylons not registering (consoles not being active after solving a wheel) in proper order being solved was fixed by people just solving the south pylon first on every wheel.

The other bug is when the 4th wheel requires only 1 spin to complete, although the console will be active after solving the 3rd wheels, when you click the spin, the wheel should spin but doesn't. Can solve by exiting area, resetting to get new wheels, going back in and doing it south finishing first as normal (assuming you don't have a single spin on wheel 4 again).

If some people need a cheat sheet, yes, it is bugged...but YES, the workarounds people point out every 4th post of finishing south first every wheel and recognizing when your 4th wheel will be solved in only 1 spin can require a zone reset DO WORK. Every week since we read the south first workaround we put our 2 groups on each pylon and do it the same way every time.