Add offline friend - Character does not exist. WHAT?!

Riddickcz

Yea pretty much title says it all.

How come I cant add to my friend list characters that are offline? It just keeps telling me that this character doesnt exist.

I know that character of that name does exist, just the person is offline.

Anyone else frustrated by this?

Im not sayin its huge issue.

But this game is MMO you are supposed to interact with players, finding new friends grouping with ppl and making one big community.

So these features like adding friends in the friend list should really work. And this is just highly annoying.

It's a bug. And I say it's a bug because some of my friends characters I can add to my friends list even when they're offline, and other characters from the same friends I can't. It's inconsistent. So, one way or the other it's bugged.

• 1 month later...

It's hilarious.

I just made an alt and I want to add my friends to his friendlist. To do so I have to keep playing on my main until my friends get online to switch character very fast in order to add them to my alt's friendlist before they log off.

Seriously.

This question was asked in the last Q&A. Answer:

Damion Schubert: This is a bug - thanks for calling my attention to it (this issue is somewhat sporadic, so it fell through the cracks). We are getting this into the pipe to get fixed, most likely for Game Update 1.2.

It's hilarious.

I just made an alt and I want to add my friends to his friendlist. To do so I have to keep playing on my main until my friends get online to switch character very fast in order to add them to my alt's friendlist before they log off.

Seriously.

Seriously, you necro'ed a thread over a month only to moan about something that has already been posted as being fixed in 1.2.

Yes it is an issue currently but it is being fixed, what has moaning achieved other than bringing the post back to the front page?

Broken pencil.