Scorpion "Griefer I" (OP)erative PvP ViD

Cyberwillow

Disclaimer! All footage taken is vs other 50's of equivalent or greater gear.

Do not watch this video if you don't like watching things die fast or an OP class doing high amounts burst damage. Game is very choppy with fraps running, so it's hard to pull off abilities properly. Also I only grief people who deserve it, and sometimes I will target out a specific person because they are "marked" and have a higher kill priority because they have to be locked down or they're a healer.

Wanted to throw this video at you guys pre-nerf and I will also release one post-nerf.

Enjoy and let me know what you guys think. :D

Shows the strengths and burst power of the Operative class, which does need to be tweaked, but the majority of the burst you seen in the video is due to potion stacking - which is one of the real problems in pvp. Operatives are one of the weaker classes outside of stealth and without potion stacking their damage is easily mitigated.

I released this video as soon as possible, so I had to work with whatever footage I had. I also play with around 250~ latency so it can be quite tricky to get off certain abilities. I will release a more informative video post-nerf with more detailed breakdown of what the class can offer after the patch. I didn't release this video to brag, it's merely a quick showcase of the class and me practicing with different editing techniques.

I hope you enjoy the video! Please feel free to leave any constructive criticism and ideas for what you would like to see next.

Scorpion Operative PvP Video

Edited by Cyberwillow

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer! All footage taken is vs other 50's of equivalent or greater gear.

Wanted to throw this video at you guys pre-nerf and I will also release one post-nerf.

Enjoy and let me know what you guys think. :D

My main was a Sniper and I rerolled to Operative recently.

Scorpion Operative PvP Video

Yawn .....watching the same moves over and over again is incredibly boring

Why would anyone show/brag about this..

Hey watch me, I picked the OP'est Class and can kill somebody without them getting a chance to defend...

I see NOTHING that says "Good Player" in a video like this.

HOWEVER i do see why the need to NERF OPS into Oblivion.

When I play I use 5-6 skills in EVERY fight, and 5-6 more depending on what other players do..

This Operative could just set a macro, and be just as good.. Theres no variation in playing... no adjustment, no tactic. its just Run up... CLICK...

I could program my mouse to do everything this guy does with 1 button press.

Edited by DropDeadFred

The game is built that way unfortunately, linear and simple. :(

I watched maybe 20 seconds of your video and it was the same thing over and over again. You only show your kills and nothing else, which 100 other operatives have posted before you.

Nice editing, I'll give you that.

Yawn .....watching the same moves over and over again is incredibly boring

yet another troll -_-.

Great video, it's nice to see a non-clicker/keyboard turner post a nice pvp vid.

Love the 2v1 fights, it takes a lot of skill to go against the odds, esp when you're fighting the same class as yourself <loltrooper+scoundrel>.

Great video

yet another troll -_-.

Great video, it's nice to see a non-clicker/keyboard turner post a nice pvp vid.

Love the 2v1 fights, it takes a lot of skill to go against the odds, esp when you're fighting the same class as yourself <loltrooper+scoundrel>.

Great video

Your his friend... you posted the same comment on youtube when he told you he posted it... LoL...

the only thing people do in this game is troll, it's pretty pathetic.

good video.

Boo hoo, Operative is op wah wah, same skill 2 times wah wah...

play another game if you don't like any swtor pvp vids because the game has like 1-2 abilities to press..

<sigh>

Your his friend... you posted the same comment on youtube when he told you he posted it... LoL...

was watching video then posted, but clearly that is proving to be a mistake.

the community forums in this game is a miserable cancerous sore, it's getting worse and worse.

ah well, gw2 ftw.

The OP asked what people thought and I told him exactly what I thought. It is boring and repetitive with nice editing. I'd rather watch something with a little more substance like a huttball match w/ voice commentary. For example a video like this

The OP asked what people thought and I told him exactly what I thought. It is boring and repetitive with nice editing. I'd rather watch something with a little more substance like a huttball match w/ voice commentary. For example a video like this

Thanks for the input, I wasn't too sure about what people wanted when I created the video but this gives me an idea for the next one.

HEY watch me... I got 3 buttons!!! YOUR DEAD!!!! I'm awsome...

lol this kid musta been g@ng r@ped by operatives with no remorse, so angry, l2p kid.

nice editing on the vid brah

Edited by Gamex

I enjoyed that video, and will definately look forward to the post-patch videos.

I fail to see why people are trolling this post, as it demonstrates the problems with OP's / Scoundrels - and at the same time dismisses the claims that the dmg isn't as bad vs. other 50'ies (even though we all knew it - or experienced it).

As said, really looking forward to the post-patch video!

I enjoyed that video, and will definately look forward to the post-patch videos.

I fail to see why people are trolling this post, as it demonstrates the problems with OP's / Scoundrels - and at the same time dismisses the claims that the dmg isn't as bad vs. other 50'ies (even though we all knew it - or experienced it).

As said, really looking forward to the post-patch video!

Thank you, I'm glad you noticed, nice to see someone who is paying attention!

Edited by Cyberwillow

Hehe, all I ever see is the big PURPLE lightning everywhere. It's really a shame that everyday I see more and more people rolling Sorcerer's, class is running around like wild fire. It is one of the best classes in game though, with it's high utility and insane damage.

Operative's will be at the bottom of the food chain after the nerf, with Sorc's overtaking them for number 1 spot. It was fun while it lasted, but we all knew it wouldn't last forever.

Edited by Cyberwillow