I'm embarrassed to wear my Columi gear around.

Nightfox_

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like the Commando Columi gear, but I do agree some of the Jedi stuff is beyond awful.

Hopefully when they make the Raid gear fully moddable it will open some more options up for people.

Some of it looks fine. Trooper, Jedi Knight, Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior all look good. Bounty Hunter and Sith Inquisitor(shoulders have got to go on the SI) look...not great, but decent enough. Smuggler would look awesome if he had a coat instead of that silly cape. Jedi Consular? Horrible, horrible, horrible.

You know what, though? I would like my set if the helmet didn't look as bad as it does and the shoulders went away. The robes are white, not my favorite color(I prefer brown jedi robes) but it wouldn't look hideous if you took the silly shoulder pads off.

Edited by Raltar

My JK has a cape; my sorcerer doesn't. Of course my JK looks like the superhero: The Cape, which is silly. Darth Baras looks stupid--big ugly shoulder wings? Anime is not good. Design something original. Look...Padme's clothes looked stupid enough. I am wearing on my main orange that was acquired around level 22, because everything else looks...stupid. I would like the robes with hood down (that actually looks good down and not like some weird tire around the neck) and a cape. Not that silly outfit that looks like a dress from the back but is open in the front; an actual cape. And sunglasses, must have sunglasses.

The silly Eastern Dark Ages warlord looking sets just, just need to go. I expect stupid looking armor in WoW, but more professional and classy sets in SW:TOR.

And a preview feature so we know how stupid the clothes look before we waste money buying them.

I mean, take Aion for example, you wouldn't want their skinning system where you can skin almost any item over another for the looks. Why the frick would you want that? You'll just get ppl selling skins all the time, or ppl grinding instas just to get that rare skin, and ppl will all look different and the game will struggle to load all the different skins.

I had to chuckle at you on that one, "the game will struggle to load different skins" yeah because in the 2years i played Aion it had a terrible time loading all them different skins........erm no...not once did it.

And if the engine cant handle that fact in this game then what does that tell you.

Edited by ZlupZlup

I had to chuckle at you on that one, "the game will struggle to load different skins" yeah because in the 2years i played Aion it had a terrible time loading all them different skins........erm no...not once did it.

And if the engine cant handle that fact in this game then what does that tell you.

Yup, I liked this feature in LOTRO. You could have three different sets. One the equipped armor and two visuals. Worked like a charm. And the most important thing is that usuallu all three were usable and looked really nice. And it was in a game how, three years ago? Hell even the SWG had this feature and every armor you found could be used as a visual. But hey, we have voicacting for 200M USD, why to complain?

Edited by Embrosil

this is why after I hit nearly 50... I rerolled. I couldn't stand the thought of wasting my time grinding for gear that would be completely embarrassing.

I actually chose my next class based on the level 50 gear. I don't love my future look but it's the best out of all the classes.

Edited by illgot

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=110906

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/7154/pveconsulargear.jpg

How this could pass quality control is beyond me. Im actually in awe. Cheating yourself through college and to a job at a world renowned company is pretty impressive.

Wow, I can't believe that got into the game! :eek:

The armor in this game is a joke, no imagination and it seems the designers spent 10 mintues during a drinking competition drawing on the back of a pizza box.

Wow, I can't believe that got into the game! :eek:

The armor in this game is a joke, no imagination and it seems the designers spent 10 mintues during a drinking competition drawing on the back of a pizza box.

Idd. Notice how the BH has fish hanging from his belt? the **** is that?!

I just looked at the IA Rakata gear........I look like a stupid futur space ninja. Im sorry but the headpiece is the worst. My orange Hooligans set looks 100x better. Im really hoping BW does some gear changes cause there is no way I will wear that set, more so that helm.

I dont care if I can turn off helmets but seeing this set, this game needs to either

A. Allow all mods to be taken out of raid gear and placed into any orange set.

B. Give us a damn apperence tab OR transmog type thing.

Whats worse is that I just looked at my wife's sith Inquis. sets and.....needless to say, she will NOT be happy, not one bit. This is horrible, and I thought coming to SWTOR was a step forward from wow when it comes to looking the way YOU want to look. Seems to be a step backwards, cause hey, at least wow has transmog.

Edited by Darth_Grissom

End game gear for inquisitor

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/580d1323452592-sith-inquisitor-sets.jpg/

looks like

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/5065083062_1478316a3d.jpg

Wort part is that there is no real diffrence betwen Columi and Rakata other than color pattern.

Thats one lazy designer!

BW needs to add in an apperence feature like SOON. There is no way in hell me wife is going to run around looking like there is a giant popsicle on her head and me looking like im some space ninja.

BW needs to add in an apperence feature like SOON. There is no way in hell me wife is going to run around looking like there is a giant popsicle on her head and me looking like im some space ninja.

even in games with vanity slots you tend to see the majority of players still wearing the same few sets of gear the community has deemed "the best looking"... so that won't really solve it...

BW has said they are going to make it so mods can be pulled from endgame gear and put in other orange gear which should help... and i'm sure as updates and expansions come they will add more diverse looking gear

the only MMO I've ever seen with true diversity in what players look like is APB (and it's re-release APB reloaded) but that game was basically built around playing gangster barbie dress up

Edited by Liquidacid

I was really hoping that a lot of the textures were just place holders....

I mean, why do BH's and Inquisitors have different looking sets for their sub classes but every other class gets the shaft.

Don't even get me started on Jedi Sage garb....

/support

We need better looking endgame gear...

...rather, we need less rediculous endgame gear.

Im seriously considering not raiding because i just dont like the gear's looks. At all. And i cant just take out the mods and use them on moddable gear.

I this was confirmed and going to be added? Where orange gear would suffer no drawbacks to any other?

BW has said they are going to make it so mods can be pulled from endgame gear and put in other orange gear which should help... and i'm sure as updates and expansions come they will add more diverse looking gear

That should help people to costumize their look and not force them into looking like clowns. I'm certainly looking forward to this since I have no intention of wearing the Bounty Hunter end game sets.

Now.. If only Bioware could be arsed to make a lot more craftable orange equipment/whole sets it would be awesome.

I don't care if I, as an armortech cannot make superior equipment, but more awesome looking customizable pieces would actually make it worthy end game.

And a preview feature so we know how stupid the clothes look before we waste money buying them.

You can preview gear. CTRL+LEFT CLICK opens the dressing room. Mind you, the textures/graphics are set to LOW in the preview window, but it will give you a good idea.

You know, it totally wouldn't surprise me if BW have created these skins because Lucasarts have dictated the overall look of things.

I mean, it would be in Lucasarts' remit to not let a Star Wars MMO have characters with Light Sabre Poll Arms that are twice the height of characters, (a la Eastern MMOs), or have heavy armor skins that make Tanks look like mini Gundams...

*sigh*

...It'd still be better than what we have now though. :jawa_tongue: