Ability delay.....am i missing something??

Darthbarbarous

So I, like many others have had issues with ability delay in game. I play an assassin and have recently just reached 50. At pre-50, i experienced some instances where I would activate an ability and it would take 1 to 1.5 seconds before it even started. Ability delay, ok supposedly they are working on it, so I lived with it. However, now that I am at 50 and have been pvp very actively, I no longer experience delay - in fact I experience all out non function. Seriously, and this is no joke or exaggeration, 4 to 5 of my regular abilities namely force shroud, force cloak, force speed and sometimes shock fail to work at all! I can say ok shock may be a lag issue and target moved out of range but the other 3 are self oriented spells and therefore have no range. I would say about 50% of the time these 3 abilities do not function in PVP/warzones. Its so bad that i may was well take these abilities off my bar becuase they rarely work and its really pointless to even play pvp without these defensive abilities. And YES they register as being off cooldown, the problem is i cant get them to go on cooldown most of the time. Anyone else experience this? or something similar Ability non-function, delay would be nice at this point!!!! Edited by Darthbarbarous

100% agree with OP.

I also play an assassin and I don't know how many times I've hit shroud or cloak and nothing has happened. I find those 2 are the biggest culprits.

Not stunned, full force, off CD, spamming the button and nothing. I'll literally be running with the huttball spamming my shroud so I don't get cc'd on the fire and.... cc'd on the fire.

Usually with full resolve too, but that's for another thread.

I also noticed a difference since the last patch and it was not an improvement. In wz's especially, there are some problems with my abilities triggering, even after multiple key presses. That used to be they key for me, now I press even more and some still do not work properly. Another thing I noticed is that my sprint keeps turning off.

I am in the same boat after the update it worked a bit better then the server lag the other day there made it worst ,thing is my instant abilities arnt even going off and it ain' t latency problems i sit there getting ganked in pvp mashing the keys then having to do ctrl +u in the middle off it all so it will work very frustrating Edited by skotish

Game just launched and ofc there r flaws n bugs around.

To OP: I actually do notice a better abiltity activation. Sometimes abilties indeed dont response, but thats rare for me now (the last 2 days). Same goes for the fact ive to mash my "mount" hotkey 10times before mounting up sumtimes. But that goes for ALL abilties out of combat. All in all i do notice an improvement tho since the launch of swtor.

Altho i love the game this far, I early on readed in patch notes that abilties shud now respond correctly. My shrouds etc r function fine (playing assassin), altho ONE thing i noticed and wich irritates me, is that BEFORE the SECOND fire in huttball on MID LVL, my force sprint/speed whatever, doesnt respond..wich results in me walkin happydays into the fire, instead of dashing over/thru it. ye i know this is a pretty tiny thing..just pointing out theres is still the activation bug.

Just my piece of feedback....

Greetz, Terror.

Edited by Sejia
rude

100% agree with OP.

I also play an assassin and I don't know how many times I've hit shroud or cloak and nothing has happened. I find those 2 are the biggest culprits..

^ This. I used to play a Jedi Shadow and force cloak does not work at least 50% of the time. And when it does, it takes a good 4 to 5 seconds of spamming to make it kick in.

This is a HUGE problem for shadow/assassins.

well as I said, lately it has been force speed, cloak and shroud that do not function at LEAST 50% of the time. So really there is no point playing the assassin without these very important abilities. I may as well just create a BH and stand in 1 spot spamming a single button over and over. The ability lag may have been "slightly" fixed, but after the recent patch I am getting all out non-functioning abilities which basically makes my head explode while trying to PVP.

well as I said, lately it has been force speed, cloak and shroud that do not function at LEAST 50% of the time. So really there is no point playing the assassin without these very important abilities. I may as well just create a BH and stand in 1 spot spamming a single button over and over. The ability lag may have been "slightly" fixed, but after the recent patch I am getting all out non-functioning abilities which basically makes my head explode while trying to PVP.

This ^^ mines stops totally and i have to reset with ctrl + u during pvp which is frustrating great game but **** it needs this sorted:confused: