Sorcerers are becoming the next Bright Wizards

jcyrus

RR75 Marauder.

One thing about this whole ROCK PAPER SCISSOR, In Old Republic, they were looking to balance EVERYONE. No 1 button obliterate the class. It's about you SUpposedly out playing people not out classing people.

If any of you have listend to the interview with the lead designers they have a metric system for all of our dmg based abilities. If the dmg from a class is to high for the setups nessary for it to do its dmg, then it will be nerfed. What has to be taken into account, gear.

They Look at A full BM geared class and have them fight against another full BM geared class. If it looks fair there, then its not going to get nerfed.

If you see the dmg as to high chances are they have played with it on their own test servers and will eventually figure out the best action to take.

Remember 1 thing, EA didnt spend 200 million to have another WARHAMMER ONLINE on their hands, they want at least 3 - 10 million subs from this game, Its not going to happen at its current state and thats why in the next few months you will see the class balance, the extra FPs and Warzones, the rollback on the valor exploiters.the advertised high res graphics. It just takes more time than you might imagine.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done with some Wz's and reporting back.

There was no less than four of these casters per a game and if there is more than two in the vicinty it is very hard to take them down if at all and no they did not run from any fight,matter of fact the healed and stunned everyone into oblivion.

Iam full cent geared and if i even got them down to 10% they went right back up to 80% of health,this is not balanced.

You Inquis/Sorsc whatever if you cannot admit there is armys of you and in most WZ's there is atleast three or more and you guys have ran roughshod over just about everyone i dunno what to tell yah,denial is not a river in Egypt.

It sounds like one dps spec and one heal spec. And it just seems insane to me that you think it's unfair that a healer + a dps beats a single dps. Why should ONE dps be able to beat a healer + dps combo?

I think you guys give them too much credit. While they have some great tricks, they really aren't that bad. (I play an assassin). The only thing I'd state is that roots and slows need some form of DR. Also, the resolve bar needs to be fixed. A smart sorcerer that uses all of their CCs correctly can basically stop a melee from doing anything. It has far less to do with them being OP and more to do with the ridiculous issues of resolve, slows, and roots.

As for the rerolls, one could propose another hypothesis. It's the only ranged class with a lightsaber. Ranged is easier to play in pvp (snipers could argue with me). It's no wonder they are so popular.

It sounds like one dps spec and one heal spec. And it just seems insane to me that you think it's unfair that a healer + a dps beats a single dps. Why should ONE dps be able to beat a healer + dps combo?

I did not say single,we had a commando and some other jedi cannot recall,there was three casters there and they were all wearing purple and tell yah what i bet if Bioware looked at their stats these casters were the first with BM gear,no doubt in my mind.

It seems insane to me how any rational person cannot see what i see daily,and im sure this is across many servers,the army of these casters on the Imperial side has destablized the game,thats fact.

Edited by Sathid

Get pvp gear, and this will not be an issue...

You can cry underpowered, but I consistantly get 3k+ tic's from Sorc's force lightning (which can be spammed and is affected by alacrity) in WZ's and I have full champion.

Wow, consistent 3k+ tics from force lightning...that's very impressive. I can only assume you don't name that toon in your signature out of embarrassment.

I'm full champion and I'm not guaranteed to get a 2500 from death field, although any longer battle and I'll get it at some point. My force lightning rarely tics for much more than 1,000, but it's probably just that I'm terrible and my gear and the game knows it inherently automatically reduces my damage.

I have yet to get a 5k heal or 5k strike, although I have broke 4k on the heal out of combat using an expertise and trinket.

Seriously, I am a sorceror. We are extremely OP. Extremely. Everybody should reroll sorcs now. Please level to 50 quickly. The domination you can deal at low levels only gets better at 50. No class has any chance against you. You will love it. You will laugh at melee since they have no stuns or ways to stay relatively close to you at all. All of the other classes get weaker with gear, it's really crazy. I love my million ways to cc and interrupt that no other class has, but those classes are for suckers anyways and only the best pvp'ers choose the other classes.

I mean, look at these forums. Sorcs are so op, that they single handedly got ops nerfed, all by themselves (must have been the bad ones that only mouse click the force lightning directly from their spell book). No other class complained, but that is the power of sorcs...and sages to some extent, but we all know sages are nothing compared to sorcs.

Proof, as someone stated, 80-90% of forum posts are about sorcs being op, so it has to be true. It's sad that only 10-20% of sorcs take the time to log on and try to counter the arguments. Thankfully, 80-90% of the posters are from elite pvpers who are super awesome, and only 10-20% of posters are "derp" nubs who are terrible. But obviously since a majority of the community is super awesome, there is nothing to be learned from the nub nubs in the 20% who even try to give some helpful advice. Clearly they know nothing, or else they'd be complaining as well. Even if they do win, it's only because they get to face the super derp sorcs, not just the normal derp sorcs that are stomping you day and night.

Although I'm only in full champ gear (650 expertise), my 1800 crit quick 1.5 sec heal is pretty much impossible to dps through, especially with my shield which is another 3k damage that has to be dps'd through. Also, the best part is that I can't be stunned or pushed back or anything. Ever. All people can do to try and stop my casts is an interrupt every 9 secs, no other skill will work, because BW loves sorcs so much.

Fine, to be fully honest before you all level to 50, I have occassionally been brought down by other classes, but they had to use exploits to do it. Of course, if a toon uses more than 3 spells/attacks, they're pretty much cheating. I only get to use force lightning for dps. You say I'm a derp nub for only using one spell, but that's all any sorc uses except for the really awesome ones (which you'll be after you reroll and get to 50).

Anyhow, please, level 50 players, all reroll sorc. My life will be so much better, and yours too because you will be super op! You will be able to faceroll all. Let me just say, if you think sorcs are op now, just wait until you're full champ gear or better facing other classes full champ gear or better. You are going to do nothing but laugh. It's gonna be awesome.

Welcome to what is the real dark side!!

Also, a little known secret, each time you channel force lightning awards one medal, plus another secret 500 bonus valor that BW doesn't want you to know about.

And really, I just lucked into this because I usually play a caster and the lightning was awesome, unlike the other 99% of sorcs who planned for months because they actually knew all of these things before.

Super sweet lightning!!! I guess I just like shiny things! But judging from all of the great discussion, I'm pretty sure the super awesome pvpers that 80% of you are also really distracted by bright shiny things, so it's all win!!!

Edited by Malstryx

In did read a thread in december before I actually bought the game and someone was talking about swtor as a long term beta tester for serveral months.

He told the people that bioware will bite in his own back that this class has just one stat which increase healing and damage - both. A very powerfull class from lvl 10-50 in battlegrounds. Already in the short beta weekends players talked about sorcerer/sages and how powerfull/op this class is....

There is a reason why so many did start this class....and there was almost no infos about the operative for example and for the short beta weekends the operative class didnt show its full potential since the class is a late bloomer in comparison to the sorcerer/sage ...which are powerfull from lvl 1-50.

Its no secret why we have masses of sorcerer/sages in this game, because people did not choose what they like to play but because the class was known as overpowered already in the beta weekends.

Edited by BobaFurz

Give me please a reason why so many actually are playing sorcerer/sage ? Of course you guys know it. It is THE pvp class known as one of the most powerfull class in swtor. Long term tester did know this but especially the short time weekend beta tester did find that out.

The reason for it is that already in lower and middle levels the class owns, beta forums were full that this class is overpowered and a lot of them will play a sorcerer/sage after official game start.

You guys have to be hones because nobody believes that you all did just choose this class because you are a fan of some kind of mage. A lot of these guys kid oneself.

In did read a thread in december before I actually bought the game and someone was talking about swtor as a long term beta tester for serveral months.

He told the people that bioware will bite in his own back that this class has just one stat which increase healing and damage - both. A very powerfull class from lvl 10-50 in battlegrounds. Already in the short beta weekends players talked about sorcerer/sages and how powerfull/op this class is....

There is a reason why so many did start this class....and there was almost no infos about the operative for example and for the short beta weekends the operative class didnt show its full potential since the class is a late bloomer in comparison to the sorcerer/sage ...which are powerfull from lvl 1-50.

Its no secret why we have masses of sorcerer/sages in this game, because people did not choose what they like to play but because the class was known as overpowered already in the beta weekends.

I remember that too,even a few people that came here when i did knew which class to roll,they all said it,everyone knew that was following this game.

I rolled an unknown class ? and the busrt fell to me,but myself and other smugglers are being hit because of playerbase that went ubher route from the get go,it is not easy lvling a Scoundrel compared to other classes,this whole thing stinks.

Sorcs, by far, are the squishiest AC there is, they literally drop like flies.

I die from the fire and the pits in Hutball often,i die out of stealth so fast i should have my Medcenter button hotbarred,no you casters live alot longer than you think.

Sorcs, by far, are the squishiest AC there is, they literally drop like flies.

Actually you should play some classes in pvp besides your main to see how hard it is to take you guys down. The bubble alone is amazing.....really try other classes aswell and see it for yourself.

I die from the fire and the pits in Hutball often,i die out of stealth so fast i should have my Medcenter button hotbarred,no you casters live alot longer than you think.

Abuh? Everyone dies from fire and pits in seconds unless you're like guarded and spam healing yourself and the tank...and then only acid, not fire. What does death from fire and pits have to do with pvp class balance? O_o

Actually you should play some classes in pvp besides your main to see how hard it is to take you guys down. The bubble alone is amazing.....really try other classes aswell and see it for yourself.

Well Sorc and Sage are mirrored. So, one would assume every Sage has gone up against a Sorc and visa versa. You don't need to reroll to face your mirror class.

75% of my deaths are from 2 to 3 lightings hitting me all at the same time. I can not move can not do anything but just drop dead.

Now the funny thing is my class gets the nerf for being able to do the same thing. Now I see the the nerf is needed but why do the lighting casters deny that the same thing is going on right now and they are the new nerf to come.

You guys earned it plain and simple just like my class did. Suck it up and eat your own words.

Edited by Metalmac

75% of my deaths are from 2 to 3 lightings hitting me all at the same time. I can not move can not do anything but just drop dead.

Now the funny thing is my class gets the nerf for being able to do the same thing. Now I see the the nerf is needed but why do the lighting casters deny that the same thing is going on right now and they are the new nerf to come.

You guys earned it plain and simple just like my class did. Suck it up and eat your own words.

They better shut down the forums if and when they ever BALANCE this class because whoo momma the threads will be biblical.

EDIT: Did yah notice how all of a sudden the QQ ROGUE thread got bumped back up out of nowhere,,,kudos to you guys and your bias and underhanded tricks,really kudos.

Edited by Sathid

Sometimes I feel paper-thin as a Sorc other times I'm a jugg.

If i'm not running/healing myself i'm healing/bubbling others and CCing.

The key to a Sorc is to always, ALWAYS be working on either A)Running/Healing or B) Shielding/healing others.

To kill a Sorc, well atleast my sorc, Stuns(alot of em) and 2 decent dps.

Sage/sorc damage and healing are fine, I haven't had a problem there because interrupts do screw them over. The main problem is the utility. A word can hit the reset button twice easily. Fight hard start to lose so they whirlwind you. Heal to full. Try again, start to lose again, slow sprint heal to full.

I understand the average sorc has trouble if harassed. Good sorcs have so many tools that they can be frustrating to fight and super hard to kill.

They're not massively imbalanced at the moment, just one spec that has one too many CC than seems balanced.

Sometimes I feel paper-thin as a Sorc other times I'm a jugg.

If i'm not running/healing myself i'm healing/bubbling others and CCing.

The key to a Sorc is to always, ALWAYS be working on either A)Running/Healing or B) Shielding/healing others.

To kill a Sorc, well atleast my sorc, Stuns(alot of em) and 2 decent dps.

It doesnt take two classes to kill my main a scoundrel,why should it take two decent dps to take down a caster?

It just doesnt make sense or balance,and four of you to a zone? you guys havent run you walked through the tulip field to your BattleMaster gear,this is crazy,im shocked rationale adults are standing by that claim to enjoy this game and want it to do well and all the meanwhile be silent or defend this,its crazy,it makes no sense.

EDIT maybe if i went full sawbones i could take more,havent tried it in pvp yet,but then my damage would fall off a cliff.

Edited by Sathid

It doesnt take two classes to kill my main a scoundrel,why should it take two decent dps to take down a caster?

It just doesnt make sense or balance,and four of you to a zone? you guys havent run you walked through the tulip field to your BattleMaster gear,this is crazy,im shocked rationale adults are standing by that claim to enjoy this game and want it to do well and all the meanwhile be silent or defend this,its crazy,it makes no sense.

Because your DPS is higher.

Oh noes, that ruined your argument.

Nerf your damage a further 40-60% and then you can have my survivability.

Because he's clearly heal spec'd. If you were full heal spec it would take 2+ people to kill you, too. Promise. Notice how he said he's doing either running/healing or shielding/healing others. Nowhere does he say he's dpsing, so clearly he's a healer. Of course full heal spec sorc/sage's damage "drops off a cliff" too.

Edited by Raijinvince

Because he's clearly heal spec'd. If you were full heal spec it would take 2+ people to kill you, too. Promise.

Why should it take 2 or more people to kill a single healer yet it's against the law of SWTOR for the ops/scoundrel to almost be guaranteed a 1v1 kill.

Yeah balance.

You die to 2-3 lighting strikes hitting at once? You're probably gettin hit by 3 sorcerers at the same time, plus probably some other dps who don't have flashy animations.. NO class can survive that, except maybe a tank with blown CDs.. And the shield adds 3k hp. 3khp is ONE crit. At full health, with shield on, an operative can take me down to around 25% before I get up from a knockdown, 50-60% if I can blow my cc trinket, shield, and sprint.

Shock (our instant cast) usually hits around 1.5k, force lightning hits for around 650+ a tick, chain lightning might crit for 2k if Im lucky. Deathfield is probably my hardest hitting, usually around 2k, maybe 3k with a crit. Our spells don't hit that hard, but add in dot damage, it can build up quick.

Of course if the sorcerer is geared, and you're rocking greens/blues, you will be owned, but you can say the same with any class.