Boba Fett Killed Star Wars

Halofax

What is it with all these people running around with "Darth" as a title? What's that about? Vader killed Star Wars. And those Jedi. Uggh. Don't get me started. Those Jedi killed Star Wars. And Smugglers. The whole fanboy squee thing started with Han Solo and he killed Star Wars. And the Troopers. Stupid Prequels and Clone Wars cartoon. Rex killed Star Wars.

What was Bioware thinking, giving people the opportunity to play the archtypes they enjoy most? Despicable. We should all play bumbling but well-meaning Gungans and like it. Bioware killed Star Wars.

You win

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with all these people running around with "Darth" as a title? What's that about? Vader killed Star Wars. And those Jedi. Uggh. Don't get me started. Those Jedi killed Star Wars. And Smugglers. The whole fanboy squee thing started with Han Solo and he killed Star Wars. And the Troopers. Stupid Prequels and Clone Wars cartoon. Rex killed Star Wars.

What was Bioware thinking, giving people the opportunity to play the archtypes they enjoy most? Despicable. We should all play bumbling but well-meaning Gungans and like it. Bioware killed Star Wars.

This would be funny, if the OP didn't have a point. Boba Fett had 5 minutes of screen time, yet people are obsessed with him. The obsession grew so massive that Lucas made the prequels with the Fetts as major players

This would be funny, if the OP didn't have a point. Boba Fett had 5 minutes of screen time, yet people are obsessed with him. The obsession grew so massive that Lucas made the prequels with the Fetts as major players

So what? If people like the Fetts they like them. What skin is it off your or the OP's noses?

I'm just tired of all the people I see named some variation of Boba Fett, including all the "Boba Fatt"s. Hurrrr, I'm a fat bounty hunter and I came up with this name myself!

I don't see many BH's named like that, however I see many JK's named "Obiwano", "Obione" or "Obikanobi". Also I saw 2 or 3 SW's named "Reevann" or "Revaan"

I don't see many BH's named like that, however I see many JK's named "Obiwano", "Obione" or "Obikanobi". Also I saw 2 or 3 SW's named "Reevann" or "Revaan"

^^This. Saw so much of that yesterday it made me sick. I have seen some of the same with BH though too. I honestly play my BH because I used to run a Master BH/Master Pistoleer character in SWG. I was a jedi hunter first and foremost and my hope is that one day we will once again be able to pull bounty missions on player characters.:eek:

Didn't Jango actually win, or at least not lose, that fight against Obi-wan? Even though it was not a great display of "jedi killing prowess", he wasn't defeated, and managed to throw Obi-wan off the dock area, presumably to his death. He was killed by Mace Windu, a master Jedi, only after being trampled and losing his jetpack. Not only that, not a minute before being killed, he did kill a jedi who, poorly, attempted to attack him and Dooku. :D

Didn't Jango actually win, or at least not lose, that fight against Obi-wan? Even though it was not a great display of "jedi killing prowess", he wasn't defeated, and managed to throw Obi-wan off the dock area, presumably to his death. He was killed by Mace Windu, a master Jedi, only after being trampled and losing his jetpack. Not only that, not a minute before being killed, he did kill a jedi who, poorly, attempted to attack him and Dooku. :D

Jango only 'won' the fight with Boba's help and that string thread thing he detached from his gaunlet. The actual fighting though Obi-Wan wiped the floor with him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Jango only 'won' the fight with Boba's help and that string thread thing he detached from his gaunlet. The actual fighting though Obi-Wan wiped the floor with him.

You're right, I'm not trying to say he put up good fight, because he really didn't, other than a pretty good headbutt with the helmet. However I dont think it was quite the one sided fight people are portraying it to be. To be fair, i'm sure his jetpack missile, or the cannons from his ship, would've actually killed Obi-wan. Being Jedi doesn't make you tracer missile resistant, this game has proven that. ;)

Jango would have died even without his loss of jettpack against Windu. Windu force crushed Grievous' chest and his metal armor is meant to withstand blasters and lightsabers (although, his joints were considerably weaker which is how Obi Wan cut his hands off.) Given that had he tried to jetpack away Windu could have easily force pulled him into his lightsaber, crushed him, or just slammed him to the floor resulting in the destruction of hit jetpack.

None, I just dislike blatant fan service which leads to the atrocious to things like Karen Traviss and her drivel.

Funny how some moan that Lucas doesn't care about the fans while others gripe about his "blatant fan service." I'm pretty sure that the two are mutually exclusive. :)

In any case, the answer is simple. If you don't like Traviss' books, don't read them.

Au contrare. He very much held his own in the ground fight, and soundly beat Obi Wan's butt in space. The biggest thing Mr Kenobi had going for him was the power of being the protagonist.

Au contrare. He very much held his own in the ground fight, and soundly beat Obi Wan's butt in space. The biggest thing Mr Kenobi had going for him was the power of being the protagonist.

The ground fight he had Boba helping him, his jetpack missile missed and he got in one good headbutt. Other then that he really didn't seem to be holding his own, only thing that saved him was that rope thing. I can give you the space, but Obi-Wan outsmarted him there though. Though yes being a main char did give him an advantage, im not using the whole RL applications thing here.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Jango would have died even without his loss of jettpack against Windu. Windu force crushed Grievous' chest and his metal armor is meant to withstand blasters and lightsabers (although, his joints were considerably weaker which is how Obi Wan cut his hands off.) Given that had he tried to jetpack away Windu could have easily force pulled him into his lightsaber, crushed him, or just slammed him to the floor resulting in the destruction of hit jetpack.

Windu crushed Grievous' chest in the same series that had him single-handedly defeat an entire droid army in the most ridiculously exaggerated way possible.

Jango would have simply flown away.

The ground fight he had Boba helping him, his jetpack missile missed and he got in one good headbutt. Other then that he really didn't seem to be holding his own, only thing that saved him was that rope thing. I can give you the space, but Obi-Wan outsmarted him there though. Though yes being a main char did give him an advantage, im not using the whole RL applications thing here.

Kind of unavoidable, since the heat and blast from his jetpack missile should have ended the fight on the spot. But at the very least, that counts as a good punch. Which Obi Wan got 3 good punches/kicks in. With the grappling rope thing being a tie, by my estimation that makes it Obi Wan 4, Jango Fett 3. Taking Boba out of the equation gives Obi Wan a slight edge, which Jango more than makes up for in space.

In any case, Jango was never going to win that fight because Obi Wan had to escape to Geonosis to advance the plot. Jango's role was only to make it look good, and I think he did that rather well.

Very true. The fans should have never dictated the way the prequels turned out (or what Lucas thought they wanted I should say).

You should tell that to the people who think Lucas hates and ignores the fans.

Edited by Jmannseelo

What I don't understand is why anyone cares? What is it about watching others enjoy themselves or having different preferences that drives some people crazy? Why do they feel the need to browbeat others into sharing the same tastes?

Why do some people love the Fetts? Because for whatever reason they sparked those people's imaginations. Because "the man with no name" in the Star Wars universe really appeals to some. Why let it get to you? Enjoy your Jedi/Sith Lord/Smuggler/Commando and let the Bounty Hunter/Mandalorian fans enjoy themselves too. There is plenty of room for everyone to have fun without getting into p!$$!ng contests over which archtype is more legit than others.

Boba Fett Killed Star Wars

[dalton]Opinions vary.[/dalton]

(Though it's mind boggling to think of everything you could have claimed 'killed' Star Wars you choose this. Yeah, too much of the fandalorian schtick gets annoying, but really...)

Edited by DNA_Cowboy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.