Speed hacks in WZ and exploits.

blodtann

Alright, so when someone finds a way to easily open your garage door and steal your car; it's your fault right? For not having a fault tolerant garage door?

A regular person would ring your door bell and let you know that your garage door was ****. These *********** *** wipes abuse the **** out of things. That is a bannable offence. If you find a flaw you REPORT it. If you ABUSE it then you should be perma banned.

I DO blame people for abusing flaws. It's their actions and they CHOOSE to abuse it.

That's kind of a harsh comparison Blodtann, we're talking about a game here. And in that above condition, who else do you blame? the garage door company or the thief? Of course the thief. But here's the thing, I'm not condoning people "exploiting clever use of in game mechanics" all I'm stating is that, bioware doesn't consider this a bannable offense, thusly, the point in it's entirety is moot.

I get it's frustrating, but, it is what it is.

People should be careful at what they call an exploit. An exploit in gaming terms is where someone uses a known bug in the code or using a third person program to gain advantage.

Force Speed and Stealth are abilities, thus is not an exploit. Now if you can prove that they are using a known bug or a third person program, then those would be consider an exploit.

Many good players who know there classes, will use combos like the Stealth and Force Speed combo in a PVP match to win. But the use of that combo is not an exploit at all, just well timed combination.

Edited by JediMasterBurst

Not sure if I believe this...they can move from the endzone to the center in 3 seconds?

You couldn't even control your toon if you moved that fast. Just doesn't make any sense. Any why would someone cheat so blatantly? The entire other team would report them and they would get banned so fast.

Its not like you control your toons movement on your own local machine, that type of stuff is tracked server side. If somehow things dont match up, it raises flags.

they are teleporting smarty. google swtor cheats.. ohh you will see.

Not sure if I believe this...they can move from the endzone to the center in 3 seconds?

You couldn't even control your toon if you moved that fast. Just doesn't make any sense. Any why would someone cheat so blatantly? The entire other team would report them and they would get banned so fast.

Its not like you control your toons movement on your own local machine, that type of stuff is tracked server side. If somehow things dont match up, it raises flags.

Its called a speed hack, there is even youtube videos on this.

Wish I had fraps to prove it.. It was like he was teleporting he was moving so fast- could just have been lag. At the end of the match I /yelled "hope the evening of fun was worth the $60"

This is a side effect of the queue bug/exploit. If more than 8 attackers get into the game any of them that actually join the game after 8 speeders have left will be put into the defenders spawn point in the final room. As soon as the door to that area is breached the very last set of doors become active and they can plant bombs on them.

Tell me about it. Two were on infinity gate last night... They capped all the turrents in cw before the match began, went inside the cap points so no one could hit and still cap the turrents whenever and of course speed hacks. The funny thing is we still managed to beat them in huttball 6-5. They were able to grab the ball, run to the goal and back before the ball spawned again.

I prayed real hard to god so that someday i could be a famous track runner (I'm crippled in teh realz ya kno? :() maybe you should try it sometime. Drei, Eins, Stupify and I welcome all believers of Jesus and the Holy Ghost. Btw that 6-5 Huttball game either i wasent there or you were on my team, good job trying to make yourself look less bad.

P.S. <Sorry for Partying> is now recruiting on Infinity Gate....Come party with us, hope to see you soon in the WZ :D

I prayed real hard to god so that someday i could be a famous track runner (I'm crippled in teh realz ya kno? :() maybe you should try it sometime. Drei, Eins, Stupify and I welcome all believers of Jesus and the Holy Ghost. Btw that 6-5 Huttball game either i wasent there or you were on my team, good job trying to make yourself look less bad.

P.S. <Sorry for Partying> is now recruiting on Infinity Gate....Come party with us, hope to see you soon in the WZ :D

Uh...sorry dude. We have Stupify on video from late last night/early this morning.

That Voidstar match where your team reached the core in just over a minute, have him noclipping thru the door. After that...all the doors were open. It was a dead race to the core and that round was over before anyone got to the last room. Then, we had<2 minutes to get thru the first door. On the video, dude was flying all-over the place with the speed hack. Plain as day. Would you like a link?

If you and your other buds cheat too....it wasnt as obvious as that guy. Assume all of you do though...and are quite proud of it.

Btw, he did a nice trick going inside the terminal on the Civil War match. Knockbacks wouldn't get him out either.

Y'all rule. And if y'all don't get banned. I'll start cheating too. :)

Edited by DarthNuke

Uh...sorry dude. We have Stupify on video from late last night/early this morning.

That Voidstar match where your team reached the core in just over a minute, have him noclipping thru the door. After that...all the doors were open. It was a dead race to the core and that round was over before anyone got to the last room. Then, we had<2 minutes to get thru the first door. On the video, dude was flying all-over the place with the speed hack. Plain as day. Would you like a link?

If you and your other buds cheat too....it wasnt as obvious as that guy. Assume all of you do though...and are quite proud of it.

Btw, he did a nice trick going inside the terminal on the Civil War match. Knockbacks wouldn't get him out either.

I am pretty proud of being an avid believer of God he helps me when i need him most. That car wreck i was in that made me paralyzed from the waist down, he saved my life by catapulting me out of the passenger window that was down at the time and threw me into a farmers field, my friend however was not so lucky:( i miss him dearly. So every night i prayed to god that i could be as fast of a runner as he was (he used to be on our high school track team) then one day i heard a voice, it was God speaking to me and he said "Oh child of mine for all that you have endured i will grant you what you most desire" and that was it. The next day i logged on and my character ran...and he ran....and he ran as fast as any assassin could run and then some.

Please link ~Drei

I am pretty sure I have seen speed hacking in hutball. Last night an opponent had the ball and was running at the speed of my force sprint and it lasted the entire time he had the ball, not just the 2 seconds that force sprint lasts.

Most speed hacks do not look like just someone running quickly. They look choppy which is leading into how the speed hack works which is basically telling the server you're lagging when you're not.

I've seen it a lot of times more than I care to think about. When someone obviously fell off the ledge and somehow you see them still standing there, yeah that's normal. Or when you see someone essentially looking like nightcrawler teleporting 5 meters or so every seconds while everyone else around is moving normally it's a clear indicator of hacking.

Most speed hacks do not look like just someone running quickly. They look choppy which is leading into how the speed hack works which is basically telling the server you're lagging when you're not.

I've seen it a lot of times more than I care to think about. When someone obviously fell off the ledge and somehow you see them still standing there, yeah that's normal. Or when you see someone essentially looking like nightcrawler teleporting 5 meters or so every seconds while everyone else around is moving normally it's a clear indicator of hacking.

While the 'skipping" version is the more familiar hack, there's definitely a version going on in this game where it gives the player the speed of force sprint pretty much infinitely. I've seen it myself, multiple times from classes that have no sprint ability.

Please link ~Drei

After emailing back and forth with EA Corporate, I can't send it to ya. Sorry. :)

On the bright side, "supposedly" we'll see more action from in-game GM's.

Just a hunch. I think the people living under maps are gonna get smacked pretty hard. :p

Super tired of this exploit -- not everyone does it, but when people do, it's ridiculously annoying. No way to time your attacks to take them out, so you just have to get lucky during their latency spasms.

It's not so much you can't beat them (because you can), but that they escape a team of 3+ when there's no possible way they could have unless they glitched-out at such a convenient moment.

Going to install FRAPS just to record them and hopefully get some of them suspended.

There's a guild on Terentatek that I watched doing that in multiple warzones weeks ago. They'd use it in Huttball around every flame field to prevent being stunned/rooted in the fire, and to glitch past defenders to the goal line.

Also encountered a couple of them use some glitch that placed them under the terrain in such a way that they were able to attack you (and would become visible when they attack) but you weren't able to attack them back. They'd vanish under the terrain with just their glowing target marker on the ground to indicate where they were. You would get the 'You need a target for that ability' message no matter what skill you tried to use on them, even though you clearly have them targeted.

They were running around in the higher tier PvP armor before everyone else had it, and it's pretty obvious how they managed it. I still see them around on the server, so it doesn't appear any action has been taken against them.