Naming Policy

Cruces

Ahh, I didn't see that. I asked because my name (Dr_Freeman) is a reference to Gordon Freeman, which is technically breaking the rules, right?

More so because Dr is a title. Basically these rules boil down to "for heavens sake at least TRY to be original and don't name your character like a complete ****".

Somehow complaints about these rules really make me worry about the children they might have. ("What do you mean, I can't call my son Lord ****** of Haxxoria?")

when you read the naming policy, you will vomit in your mouth, really.

I threw up a little in my mouth when I read the policy.... That is just... wow. So if you pick a name that by coincidence matches a name of an employee (of which there are hundreds or thousands) then you get Generic'd or banned.... Wow. Seriously???

Good thing I'm making up Star Wars sounding names for my toons. lol :D

I still wonder how many are going to try for Chuk Noriss. :p

Edited by Captain_Zone

Bioware makes rules. If you can't take the consequences, don't break them.

That's fine but like i said superfans report names. If it get changed i'll just alter it where it doesn't sound like a harmless tv character. Kinda sad realy, even a little naming humor isn't allowed,

Edited by Vandrill

Oh well, Darth Revan, my fav SW character is out, Malak, well all of those are out. I guess I can't use Shepard either not a very SW name and folks will link it to ME of course. Oh well time to come up with something very creative.

Placentahero? Ya, I imagine they'd be talking to me about that.

Edited by Yowfatto

I threw up a little in my mouth when I read the policy.... That is just... wow. So if you pick a name that by coincidence matches a name of an employee (of which there are hundreds or thousands) then you get Generic'd or banned.... Wow. Seriously???

Good thing I'm making up Star Wars sounding names for my toons. lol :D

I still wonder how many are going to try for Chuk Noriss. :p

Well I'm sure they'd give a warning for that, not going to ban you over pure coincidence.

• 1 month later...