The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Not ALL of our outfits suck. Proof!

RockysRevenge

Yes, that first screen is medium armor. So sad that we don't have access to the midriffy tops like that. But at least we can wear the slave girl outfits without gimping ourselves!

Heh, agreed.

My current look is the (buggy-as-h*ll) Republic Dancer's top, gloves, and sandals with a "standard" robe skirt. But I'd kill for more of a sari-like top... the "midriffy" tops Knights or Inquisitors can wear. I hate seeing my Shadow wrapped in layers of blankets, but the Dancer's Top really is over-the-top; I want her looking tough and body-proud, not like an exhibitionist.

Head slot is hidden, of course. It's hard to fathom that some artist actually spent time making those horrible things.

I'd still like to see more pants options, too... though my character will never wear them. Pants look terrible on Female Body Type 3.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly the robes you get from this Quest arn't the ones we'r looking for :( The ones u get from Savage Connections are green/yellowish and dark brown :(

Padded Vine-silk

Sacred Vine-silk

EDIT: Oooooopsie at Links ;)

Thanks! Updating OP with these. Also found out they're the Robes of Deception...apparently they've changed a bit since beta.

THis is the Muse Set from Alderaan, there is also a Shoud Set that is brown red and black.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg819/scaled.php?server=819&filename=screenshot2012013114141.jpg&res=medium

Have you got a higher-res version of that shot, as the link goes to a really small picture (for me anyway)? Are they the other pair of Alderaan commendation trousers?

Tim

Has anyone got a screenshot of the upper robe that drops in Maelstrom Prison? I got the lower robe which looks really cool and I'm trying to find out if it's worth farming for the upper robe.

That would be the Shadow Strider's Robe. I keep hearing that it was removed, which seems lame as the lower robe still exists and is very "shadowy."

Edited by Amenian

So am I correct in concluding that we do not ever get a black robe? I think I have looked through all the posted pix.

Why would a character that exits in shadows not be able to have a dark robe?

Answered on page 7.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg564/Carl_Hocking/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-01-29_13_29_45_513878.jpg

Edler Exemplars Robe. Can be found on GTN, probably means it's synthweavable.

Any idea where to get those?

It seems as though this person just answered your question:

Has anyone got a screenshot of the upper robe that drops in Maelstrom Prison? I got the lower robe which looks really cool and I'm trying to find out if it's worth farming for the upper robe.

That would be the Shadow Strider's Robe. I keep hearing that it was removed, which seems lame as the lower robe still exists and is very "shadowy."

As for the answer to this, I don't know. I've only played Maelstrom once and I just got a terrible looking headpiece. The loot tables might have changed too, most of the items I've seen that people got from there are something like "blah blah shadow's Maelstrom thing."

Edited by RockysRevenge

Well, this is what I picked up on Maelstrom today (running it for the first time):

Front

Back

It's called the Untouchable Shadow's Maelstrom Robe (if I recall correctly). It's very nice. Another robe was dropped earlier in the Flashpoint, but one of the others in group (a trooper - go figure) got it, and I can't remember the name of it now.

Also,

I saw the 'Jedi Prisoner' for the first time. I want those robes!

Tim

Well, this is what I picked up on Maelstrom today (running it for the first time):

Front

Back

It's called the Untouchable Shadow's Maelstrom Robe (if I recall correctly). It's very nice. Another robe was dropped earlier in the Flashpoint, but one of the others in group (a trooper - go figure) got it, and I can't remember the name of it now.

Also,

I saw the 'Jedi Prisoner' for the first time. I want those robes!

Tim

I don't particularly care for that style robe...nothing against your look, of course ;). I just like the hooded and/or sithie look for a shadow. I really wish they had neutral gear for us too, maybe then they would have enough reason to give us gray/black robes finally.

And yes...now you understand why it sucks that sith side gets those robes and we don't.

I don't particularly care for that style robe...nothing against your look, of course ;). I just like the hooded and/or sithie look for a shadow. I really wish they had neutral gear for us too, maybe then they would have enough reason to give us gray/black robes finally.

And yes...now you understand why it sucks that sith side gets those robes and we don't.

Oh I quite agree, I'd prefer a hooded robe, but after so long with the other robes, I decided a change was in order. And yes, the hooded version of the 'Jedi Prisoner' robes would be amazing! It would certainly make me think 'Shadow'.

Tim

I was very happy when last night in Maelstrom, I picked up something that looked as decent hooded robe.

What I actually got was a towel on head.

So much for good looking shadow robes...

Noooo...those are awesome robes, you just gotta put headgear on! I put it in the OP that those robes have a weird hood, but put a mask on and they look surprisingly Sithie. There's a version of that style that is our ONLY black/gray robe too.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg564/Carl_Hocking/Screenshot_2012-01-29_13_29_45_513878.jpg

I'm a stealthy Jedi, I don't want to look "sithie"...

Beggars can't be choosers, and we're certainly all beggars, else this thread wouldn't exist. Okema's doing it right with the Balmorra helmet, and he has the same style robes. If you hate that style so much though, just wait until you hit level 47 and you can wear the "ancient" series robes. If those don't say "stealthy Jedi," I don't know what does.

Edited by RockysRevenge

I've done Maelstrom a ridiculous number of times and haven't been able to get the upper robe piece or gloves yet. I found a couple of the lower robes (drop off the bonus boss I think), and the Boots (drop off the second boss) and I have an obscene number of the headpieces. I could totally start a Shadow Strikers Headband store on the fleet.

I've done Maelstrom a ridiculous number of times and haven't been able to get the upper robe piece or gloves yet. I found a couple of the lower robes (drop off the bonus boss I think), and the Boots (drop off the second boss) and I have an obscene number of the headpieces. I could totally start a Shadow Strikers Headband store on the fleet.

Go to page 9, 2 people got 2 different robes from it.

I agree that not all of them suck. However, the PVP Champion robe does make you look like a hobo. Albeit carrying a really, really big stick...:p

And the stalker robes make you look like a ghost ;).

Mods, change this title to something productive like "Shadow Aesthetics" and sticky it immediately!

Sorry the title doesn't live up to your standards :p.

Edited by RockysRevenge

Pretty sure the Shadow Strider's robe has a mirror in the Elder Exemplar's robe. Here's a picture of me with SS bottoms and the Elder Exemplar top:

http://i.imgur.com/909Aj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lsl5M.jpg

See the similarities?

Edit: I found the robe on the GTN. Not sure where it came from before that.

Edited by ecwoodrow

Pretty sure the Shadow Strider's robe has a mirror in the Elder Exemplar's robe. Here's a picture of me with SS bottoms and the Elder Exemplar top:

http://i.imgur.com/909Aj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lsl5M.jpg

See the similarities?

Edit: I found the robe on the GTN. Not sure where it came from before that.

So you think the strider is a mirror as in...imps get it? Possible...this is how these robes look imp side:

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7625.jpg

Could be that only imps get the strider robe now. Maybe from the Foundry.