Level 50 really that important?

XXDARTHDOWNERXX

Why are some people so worried about the level 50 thing? Someone will be level 50 before you and it really matters? Its an ego thing? Lmao I really don't get it. :p

not to me but since WOW handed it out

its become a race to 50

back in EQ, lol you heard a level 35er going

"man, I cant wait till im level 36"

The whole race to max thing came with WOW handing it out with no effort

/agree

SWTOR wasn't designed to be like WoW, where the goal was to skip reading all the quest lore and to power lvl yourself to the highest lvl. SWTOR was designed to be a game that was fun to lvl in, and BW wanted people to enjoy the story and take thier time.

Why are some people so worried about the level 50 thing? Someone will be level 50 before you and it really matters? Its an ego thing? Lmao I really don't get it. :p

Actually for me its to do with PvP, as someone who is very big on PvP regardless of having stat boots someone who is 50 will more than likely beat you 1v1 more often than not. Its more about having an even playing field than anything else especially when PvP is in the mix.

Other than that I wouldnt care but I cant afford to be left behind in equipment and skills to match it with the best of the best in PvP.

It doesn't matter, they are opening new servers all the time. Each wave gets low pop servers to jump in to. Upon launch they stated there will be brand new servers so that new players wouldn't be effected by early start players.

I will say that again, new servers will be opened on release day so that launch players are on an even playing field.

There won't be any issues of people running around at level 50 ganking you unless you pick one of the older early start servers.

It won't really matter if they raise the level cap later to 75.

Some players, and indeed whole Guilds, thrive on 'server firsts'. In my humble estimate they represent about 1% of the entire MMORPG-playing population, they're just very vocal.

The other 99% just get on with it, not concerned about when it gets done, just as long as it's fun.

/agree

SWTOR wasn't designed to be like WoW, where the goal was to skip reading all the quest lore and to power lvl yourself to the highest lvl. SWTOR was designed to be a game that was fun to lvl in, and BW wanted people to enjoy the story and take thier time.

And I intend to do just that!!! :)

If they are so worried about the speed they make it to lvl 50 then they should use the /played and use that if they really want an ego. :rolleyes:

/agree

WoW was designed so you'd read the quest text. Then they basically put markers on the map for everything and made it a lot easier to just hit accept and grind 10 felboars and junk like that.

Level 50 is important but I'm not rushing, I'm 20 at the moment and exhausted.

You realize that this game offers nothing at endgame other than 1 buggy raid and crappy PVP? That's why people are concerned. The ride can be just fine till 50, but the game just has no content at endgame.

And of course on PVP servers there will be gank squads because they have nothing better to do, making people's lives miserable ;P

Edited by yomanaaiton

I figure taking your time will net you some decent xp and gears just as much as those that rush the missions. I could be wrong. But during beta when I was grinding just exploring I had somehow gotten dropped items that were better than some of the quest/shops stuff.