The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BUG: Guard becomes unusable

Pestwulf

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason that this issue is the biggest disappointment out of all the other issues from this most resent patch: guard was working perfectly find before. I will not understand why or how they mess up a system that was working perfectly fine.

Now, if they had intended to MODIFY or nerf guard so that it's nearly worthless in pvp, ok- fine, i get that. They want us to all be DPS sith guys- okay. But when they just mess around with it for the sake of messing around with it? jesh.

Cooldown modifications? Ok- I personally don't desire them, but I get it...

Illum changes? Ok- sure. Illum sort of sucks right now.

Guard changes? This one is beyond me.

Hey not sure if this fits the Convo here, but my bounty hunter is a tank and when i either die or my friend dies(Sith warrior) the Guard ability is not able to be put on him again till i log or when we both die sometimes. it says he is already buffed, but there is no evidance of that being true. and i cant buff him till one of those two things happen. It is minor but would be cool if taken care of.

Sorry if this is already posted as I did not read all the replies. This issue doesn't just effect guard, it also effects the buff/debuff from Static Barrier. I've noticed several times I have been unable to refresh a static barrier on a player after the debuff has expired. The only workaround I noticed was after the player died I could cast it on them again.

Hello everyone. Thank you for your reports; we are working on this issue and would like your help. If you are experiencing trouble with Guard, please post to report what Class you are guarding when the issue happens. We appreciate your patience as we research a resolution to this problem. Thank you!

Guardian Tank wanted to Guard a Sage Healer.

Happen to me in EV.

Regards

I was playing my power tech last night and was using Guard on a Inquisitor/Sorcerer We were in a heroic Phase on Balmora and i was the only person with guard in the phase.

the sequence in which it became unsaleable was

1) Re targeted the Sorcerer

2) Clicked the Guard Icon on my second bottom quick bar in Slot 12, to bring guard down

At this point the guard icon stayed grayed out and i would receive the "Target is Already Guarded" message when i tried to reapply guard

Edited by Daraco

I have this happening as well, but on a strange note, during a Cademimu run Monday night, I started having this problem with throwing Static Barrier on folks with my Sorceror.

It would dissapear, and then I could not recast it. Even well after the timer was up, and even after several fights in between, it would not work. Having us all wipe out, and reapear outside to run back in cleared it; once. Seems like the same bug as the Guard bug to me.

Res

i had similar problems with static barrier. if the person who i had barrier on lost their barrier while i was not in the room (which happens often when zoning), then i would not be able to apply barrier to them until i rezoned while they did not have it on. something like that.

hope that helps.

I have had trouble guarding Sorcs in both PvP and Flashpoints. I am a juggernaut.

In TFE the other day I had our Sorc guarded. We wiped, I could no longer guard the sorc. I can't remember what message I got, but I think the guard button was greyed out when I targeted the sorc. The more I think about it, the wipe may have been a partial wipe on a boss where at least one party member survived (possibly the sorc?) and others re-zoned.

In PvP I frequently get "target is already guarded" messages when I'm the only person within hundreds of yards of the Sorc. This may be because another person guarded then left, but if that's the case Guard should really be overwriteable if the "old" guard isn't active.

Powertech tank, I have this issue repeatedly when guarding a Sith Sorcerer.

It crops up when the Sorcerer dies(even if it's a wipe and everyone dies), but sadly it doesn't happen every single time so I can't give you all the variables. It's happened on just about every planet, in flashpoints, warzones, pretty much everywhere.

Edited by Manoog

Juggernaut trying to guard a Mercenary. It will work fine, then at some point (it's hard to gauge when), I'll notice that guard isn't up (no icon on me or the merc). When I go to re-up guard, it gives me the error that it's already applied. Edited by Dezzi

I currently have a Sith Assassin at level 17 that is having annoying issues with the guard when I put it on my droid companion.

For unknown reasons, it constantly comes off him. This could be because he has a tendency to unsummon himself when I enter or exit areas or get on mounts/quick travel.

I would appreciate any fixes to this in the future so that my guard stays on my companion until I dismiss him or my companion stays out when summoned unless I dismiss him. I actually just stopped using it on him because of this issue. Take your time, just please know that the issue for me, exists.

Thanks

I had this bug last night on my Vanguard. I had Guard on someone in my party and we had a conversation cutscene in Kaon on Hard Mode. After the conversation cutscene guard was no longer on the person and I could not put it on them because it said they already had it. I tried to put it on someone else and that worked fine, then tried to put it back on the original person and still said they already had it.

I tried to reload the UI and that did not fix it.

Later in the flashpoint we all died and afterwards I could place it on him again. This person was a Shadow Jedi btw incase you need to know that.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SGMRock

• 3 weeks later...

Level 30 Guardian, happens often when guarding a level 30 Sage. We have a level 50 Scoundrel/Vanguard and my boyfriend who plays the Vanguard says guard bugs out on him also in similar fashion.

Also this might be related since they are both beneficial buffs. The Sage's Force Armor bugs out when applied on me, where it says "Person cannot benefit from this effect right now".

We can reproduce the Force Armor bug:

1. Sage puts shield on me.

2. I enter an instance.

3. Once we are in the instance, I cannot be shielded again until one of us logs off.

For this reason we don't enter instances until my shield expires.

• 1 month later...

Just updating and bumping this post; I'm running into this problem with a pair of level 20 Bounty Hunters. I'm in Powertech spec; my friend is in Mercenary. Guarding usually works, but sometimes - seems like it might be related to entering/leaving story zones? - she becomes unguardable. I can guard my companion, her companion, or no one at all.. just not my fellow player.

I have to log out and back in to fix the problem.

... possibly confirmed; just happened as I left a Group instance with my friend guarded. Upon exit, the "guard" bubble effect stopped showing. When I removed the Guard aura from my bar and tried to re-guard her, instantly received "target is already guarded".

Hello everyone. Thank you for your reports; we are working on this issue and would like your help. If you are experiencing trouble with Guard, please post to report what Class you are guarding when the issue happens. We appreciate your patience as we research a resolution to this problem. Thank you!

Still not fixed? :mad:

Wow, just WOW!

(SIth Jugg)

Edited by Glower

• 2 weeks later...

It's still bugged. Was on my 34 powertech earlier today in an Alderaan Civil War match. Started the match with guard on a operative healer, then switched it to a Sith sorcerer. When I tried to switch it back to the operative when the coast was clear, it said the target was already guarded. I dropped guard to put it on a DPS, only to find that now I couldn't put it on the sorcerer. Or reapply to the DPS I just guard.

The only thing that fixed it was either them dying (which, uh, as the tank I'm supposed to help prevent by using guard ._. ), or me dying. I'd certainly like to know if this is intended behavior, or an actual bug.