Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Derity

Playing a gunslinger I think My class is fairly well balanced. I have a bit more worry over the powertechs than most people though it seems. They are just really hard to kill usually and can often beat me down before I can beat them down.

Gunslinger/sniper is awesome..when no one is messing with us :p Otherwise we probably have a little harder time than most with the cover mechanic. Depending on the team sometimes they leave me alone at range and other times I'll have 3-4 come after me and that is respawn time lol.

I would say currently:

ops/scoundrel

sorc/sage

powertech/vanguard

would be the top 3 imo.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching a good marauder in action with any type of decent back up is awesome they will wreck most other people.

Sadly what you tend to see is people not having a clue on how to play them and cry that they are weak, which is understandable they do have a high skill cap compared to other classes.

Once the ability delay issue is 100% fixed (it's a lot better but not a 100%) and the resolve issues are dealt with good marauders are going to be downright scary.

Edited by Dharagada

As a mer fighting the average person in each class this is meh list hardest to fight to easiest

Tanks (high damage mitigation, interrupts, gap closing skills)

Healers (Can possibly heal through DPS and run away, but not really a threat to myself)

Other DPS (Really just who has the higher dps at that point, usually lol all over sorcs, sometimes have trouble with other plate DPS or above average operatives)

As a full spec sorc healer I have never been able to stand up 1v1 to a DPS class by out healing the incoming DPS. Plus, if I'm healing myself that means I'm channeling or casting longer more substantial heals, and not casting any wet noodle DPS against you. If the player knows how to interupt then frankly I'm toast even faster.

My opinion...

== BEST: AKA: Most Feared Class ==

Operative / Soundrel

Mercenary / Commando

Sorcerer / Sage

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

Powertech / Vanguard

Assassin / Shadow

Juggernaut / Guardian

== WORST: AKA: Least Feared Class ==

This is based on which classes I personally don't like to come up against and visa versa.

...Your opinion?

Sniper isnt at the bottom, so you're wrong.

Snipers/gunslingers aren't impossible, they're just awkward. You have to lock people in place, use all your CC (you have so much you can forget to use it), blow cool downs, and then get in a crouch, cast and hope that you are able to do all of that because sometimes it bugs out (not talking about movement impairing effects limiting crouch). You can do really amazing things with it from a control perspective. But, at the same time, you can just be erased from the WZ so fast it makes your head spin. However, nothing is more satisfying than using hunker and watching a Sorcerer try to knock you off a ledge in Hutt Ball.

Having played most classes, the only class that felt really out of whack was OP's/Scoundrels. Once you blow your 2 minute escape you might as well have been a free HK to them. I've literally been lit up 4 times in a row defending a node in Alderaan. Part of their problem is how it happens (face down in the dirt). The tank classes are probably underrated by most. Otherwise it's pretty balanced from a pugger's point of view.

Oh, and "Death while CC'd" is the strongest thing in the game.

My opinion...

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Assassin / Shadow(particularly tank)

Powertech / Vanguard

Operative / Soundrel

Juggernaut / Guardian

Sniper / Gunslinger

Marauder / Sentinel

Juggernauts/Guardians imo are possibly the best class when it comes to capturing objectives in Huttball and Voidstar. They have a lot of control when it comes to making people live and CC'ing the **** out of other people, while if they are in the immortal tree they can be undying bastards for about 30 seconds (Plenty long enough to blow all your CC on 4+ enemies on the other team, while your team caps something) (CC's: 2 sec knockdown/back, 4 second stun. 3 second stun, 50% 9 second aoe slow, 6 second AoE mezz, 2 second snare... make some grenades and you can have another 4 sec AoE mezz).

post this in the QQ topic where warriors pretend to be weakest class in the game

== Most Feared Class ==

Sorcerer / Sage

Operative / Scoundrel

Mercenary / Commando

Assassin / Shadow

Sniper / Gunslinger

Juggernaut / Guardian

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

== Least Feared Class ==

There's a key difference between 'feared' and 'best/worst' for me, due to the class that I play and my personal playstyle. However, when considering what's best and what's worst, utility and other factors come into play.

== 'Best' ==

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Powertech / Vanguard

Juggernaut / Guardian

Marauder / Sentinel

Operative / Scoundrel

Assassin / Shadow

Sniper / Gunslinger

== 'Worst' ==

Edited by memoriesofprey

Operative / Scoundrel

Sniper / Gunslinger (I think all melee **** their pants when they see a targeting bead on them. I'd do so for the Op/Scoundrel, but I'm usually dead before even a turtle head pokes out)

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Assassin / Shadow

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Juggernaut / Guardian (Next patch, they'll probably shoot up to Assassin/Shadow)

Edited by McVade

Juggernaut / Guardian

Mercenary / Commando

Powertech / Vanguard

Operative / Soundrel

Assassin / Shadow(particularly tank)

Sorcerer / Sage

Sniper / Gunslinger

Marauder / Sentinel

As an Infiltration Shadow, this is mine. Ops are one of those where if I'm alone and they come out of stealth on me, I already know the result so I spend my time trying to stretch it out and make them waste as much time as possible to kill me lol. But Juggs/Mercs/Techs... Man those guys are a nightmare for me. If I come out of stealth on them I can usually get 2 Shadow Strikes off, which is a good start, but after that it still is a struggle to take them out before a healer happens to come by.

Everybody has been complaining about Sorcs/Sages this week, but I haven't had any issues with them at all. I mean sure I still die to them from time to time, but I haven't had anything to tell me they are OP.

And lastly, Marauders. They can be good, but most people aren't very good at using them. In the hands of capable players I 've seen them destroy, but those are generally pretty few and far between. And for some reason Marauders are like a beacon and I always have help taking them down. Honestly I wish I had as much support against an Op as I do when I go up against a Marauder but Ops seem to fly under everybody's radar when they assess the battlefield.

Operative / Scoundrel

Sniper / Gunslinger (I think all melee **** their pants when they see a targeting bead on them. I'd do so for the Op/Scoundrel, but I'm usually dead before even a turtle head pokes out)

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Assassin / Shadow

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Juggernaut / Guardian (Next patch, they'll probably shoot up to Assassin/Shadow)

Right. GS is weakest class. That's why I finish in top 3 every single time. I Killed a marauder and didn't even take damage. The only time I die is when I get teamed 3v1. Do not underestimate us.

Trust me, I give GSes/Snipers their due and proper. When I see a bead on me and I don't know where it's coming from, I let all my worries go away... because I'm in Elysium, and I'm already dead.

people are jealous that we have more lightsabers than them thats why.

I understand what some people say about marauders being ignorable in some cases , i've come accross more than my share of weak ones , but there are a few out there that if you ignore you'll come to regret much faster than what you thought possible. Not even telling if they have a bit of support or heals.

Best: every class (played by a good player)

Worst: every class (played by a bad player)

Obviously gear plays a role, too, but I agree that classes are pretty well-balanced currently.

As a Juggernaut, my most feared DPS is Vanguard/Powertech, most annoying healer is Commando/Mercenary, and I actually think my class is the best tank (certainly better than Shadow/Assassin).

So basically operatives were the least feared and got the most nerfed.

F you bioware.

The funny thing is a lot of people (besides the OP) think Guardians/Juggernauts are strong, yet they're getting buffed left and right. :rolleyes:

My opinion...

Operative / Soundrel

Mercenary / Commando

Sorcerer / Sage

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

Powertech / Vanguard

Assassin / Shadow

Juggernaut / Guardian

This is based on which classes I personally don't like to come up against and visa versa.

...Your opinion?

power/van

marauder/sent

assasin/shadow

sorc/sage

sc/op(before nerf)

The reast doesnt even matter even if i have the feeling that snipers can be extremelly annoying just there arent many that figured out how

Best : Commando ( just spam grov rounds and pew pew, kiddo way of pvp )

Worst : Marauder ( you are getting pushed into fire, poision and what a surprise " You dont have a push or pull spells to do the same )

Edited by Erenus

Honestly, it all depends on what warzone your doing or if it's open pvp. Put together a team of sorcs, juggernauts, and powertechs and you've got a great huttball team but due to their lack of mobility agents/smugglers aren't as useful for the objectives. For Void Star Juggs aren't that useful other than for soaking up the damage for a healer but on the other hand agents and smugglers really shine. Finally, in world pvp Snipers/Gunslingers can really shine due to being able to finally take advantage of their range.

Above all else what matters is how skilled the player behind the class is. I've seen some sorcs that are completely useless in Huttball and some snipers that were absolute beasts in it.

THis! It is situational but Juggs pwn face in Huttball big time. I mean they are sick good ball carriers. Ops and assassins can ninja cap low guarded or unguarded objectives. Snipers/GS who position well kill the hell out of folks who never know who did it. I could go on, but the classes honestly really have their high points and very few low points. The balance on this is really good for a new MMO IMO.

but there are a few out there that if you ignore you'll come to regret much faster than what you thought possible.

That's basicaly what I was saying about my gunslinger. If left alone I can get in the top 3 in dmg usually. If I am hounded and sought after (which suprisingly enough I am and usually by tank types) I don't fare nearly as well.

Some reason powertechs just love to go after me but my favorite targets are snipers by far. Easiest class to take down at least for me.

Let me remind of you one teeny little detail. As a Sniper, ALL YOU DO IS DPS. You do not heal, you better stay far away from a huttball. You cant support worth a damn. your CCs are better left unused due to excessive Resolve stacking. On top of this you are, without a doubt, the squishiest class.

So, your role is pretty clear. Stand at a big distance where people hopefully ignore you and free-cast for pure damage.

Well here's the bad news. If anyone else descides to go all out pure dmg, they will have you eating their dust. But they dont, because they are also healing, and running the ball, and positioning to receive the ball. Or CCing and hindering the enemy team. All the while you are just sitting there, picking off the most ideal target, and just nuking for all your worth.

You damn BETTER hit 300k every single match, its all you do and all your good for. Doesnt mean you're better. Just that everyone else has better things to do.

You are right. Let's give snipers a boost! They are not good in anything so it's a design flaw. We should really boost them.

assasin/shadow got to be the worst no over the top openers average dammage and light armor also no heals.

Not at all. They start to ambush me with 3k burst and i have already 10k health. So basically i lose my 1/3 hp in a sec -.-