Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Derity

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how peopel generally put Gunslinger/Sniper at the bottom, since he doesnt have a shiny purple lightning animation and people usually dont realize its him that killed them while they were fighting someone else, attributing it to "insane crits" or whatever class they were fighting.

Snipers? Weak? Right...

I know, its alright, i average 380k damage and 50 kills a warzone right now, but yes, I am not to be feared. That death you just had, was me across the room hitting you for 4750.

There are some really sucky snipers though that give me a bad name, I love killing them in huttball.

Sorcerer

Operative

geared healer

Those are the only ones I look out for and kill first. Cause I know if left alone they will do the most damage.

My opinion...

== BEST: AKA: Most Feared Class ==

Operative / Soundrel

Mercenary / Commando

Sorcerer / Sage

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

Powertech / Vanguard

Assassin / Shadow

Juggernaut / Guardian

== WORST: AKA: Least Feared Class ==

This is based on which classes I personally don't like to come up against and visa versa.

...Your opinion?

To me...

Merc / Commando lolgravround/tracer

Sorc / Sage

Jugger/Guardian

Assasin/Shadow

Powertech/Vanguard

Operative/Scoundrol

Marauder/Sentinal

Sniper/Gunslinger

We all know my first choice is 1 button wonder spam.

Sorcs/Sage arent scary for their damage.. Its scary for the many many Knockbacks/cc/stuns/perma snares

Juggers/Guardians can AoE crit for a ton, Be hard to kill, AoE CC, and everything they can do on top of that.

I put assasins above powertech as Stealth/knockbacks/Force Pull

Powertech is next as if they arent tank spec, i dont care about them

Operative is getting nerfed soon.

Marauder/sent i have no issues ever killing.

Sniper/Gunslinger. los.. stationary.. not to scary.

LOL, snipers. Takes you like 1 hour to get behind cover. You can be stunned and CC'ed out of it. When your out of cover you hit like a lvl 10. When your behind cover you cant move so sadly I could auto attack you to death if there is anything near by to LoS your attack once its 80% charged. An just keep popping out an watch my auto attacks pwn you. Edited by Furyofwar

From the perspective of a tank/madness assassin. Basing this off of how quickly I have to put a lid on these people before they wreck my team.

Most Annoying / Dangerous

-------------------------

Scoundrel / Operative

Sage / Sorcerer

Commando / Mercenary

Guardian / Juggernaut

Sentinel / Marauder

Shadow / Assassin

Vanguard / Powertech

Gunslinger / Sniper

-----------------------

Lol, that tickles.

Edited by Knifewrench

LOL, snipers. Takes you like 1 hour to get behind cover. You can be stunned and CC'ed out of it. When your out of cover you hit like a lvl 10. When your behind cover you cant move so sadly I could auto attack you to death if there is anything near by to LoS your attack once its 80% charged. An just keep popping out an watch my auto attacks pwn you.

again you clearly have fought crappy snipers.

My opinion...

== BEST: AKA: Most Feared Class ==

Operative / Soundrel

Mercenary / Commando

Sorcerer / Sage

Marauder / Sentinel

Sniper / Gunslinger

Powertech / Vanguard

Assassin / Shadow

Juggernaut / Guardian

== WORST: AKA: Least Feared Class ==

This is based on which classes I personally don't like to come up against and visa versa.

...Your opinion?

Don't put scoundrel in with the operative because op's are much better they are not as mirrored as people think half my abilty's as a scoundrel don't even seem to work 100% of the time in PVP.

It is all dependant on so many things, for instance easy to play classes such as BH (tracer spam) or sorcs (i r like nuke people hehe) in big groups are very hard to play against but you catch them alone and without back up? They run screaming for help and usually die shortly after. An IA on the other hand popping out solo will hurt like hell whereas in a group fight in the middle of it? Yea they're pretty weak.

So

Worst to play against:

- Class playing to it's advantage while exploiting your disadvantages.

Easiest to play against:

- People who get the above completely wrong.

Kill/Remove order in group play, for me, looks something like this:

1. Operative (these do too much damage to be left alone, they are squishy enough to prioritize over healers)

2. Healing sorc (leaving this alone means everything takes 3-10 times longer to kill)

3. Sniper (...unless you like getting orbital bombardment dropped on you)

4. Healing Operative (ever get that thing where everything you attack drops to around 30% and stops taking damage?)

5. DPS Mercenary, DPS Sorc (Leaving this alone means you're eating tracer missiles and lightning, but hitting them turns off their damage)

6. Non-tank sin, marauder, DPS Jug (these do enough damage to require attention, hitting on them usually doesn't change their damage output till they are dead.)

7. Healing Mercenary (While I've seen these put down some good healing numbers focusing on them over squishier DPS is like beating on a tank, its cost-prohibitive to try to kill these first, CC and move on, unless there are 3 DPS assisting on it.)

8. Tank Sin, non-tank Powertech (non-squishy targets with good sustained DPS. These have CDs that cause you to fail CC and reduce damage, so pay attention with your DPS and CC cooldowns)

9. Tank Powertech, Tank Jug. (targets with low damage output that take forever to kill generally should be hit last, its almost always easier to DPS a tank juggernaut by hitting his guard-target)

Before I start this, I want to note that I'm NOT calling for nerfs of any kind.

My most feared class as a pyro merc is a marauder/sentinel that knows how to play. They can stick to me and kill me within 10 seconds. Not complaining about it, but there are a few good ones on my server that can stick to and tear me up, whether I was arsenal or pyro.

Second would have to be Operatives/scoundrels, though that's getting toned down next patch. Still, I'm betting the good ones will still be good at what they do despite this.

Third would probably be good juggernaut/guardian that can stick to me. Similiar to the marauder, but they usually take a little longer.

Fourth would be sorcerors/sages, as my only "interrupts" are on a 25 sec cd knockback and my 1 min cd stun which means they get to freecast more than I'd like, while they still have jolt to interrupt my heal or power shot.At best, it's usually a battle of attrition against a good one.

Fifth would be powertechs/vanguards, as good ones can keep me near and between their storm/grapple/interrupt, I'm not getting any casts off.

Sixth would be assassins, as they don't have any charges, which makes them feel a bit easier to fight against than marauders/sents and juggs/guards

Seventh would have to be snipers/gunslingers. The stationary ones are fairly easy to avoid LoS, though they have several tools to hold you in place long enough to get some shots off. I've seen some very mobile ones that know how to stay on the move while still using cover when you need to. Marksman snipers are probably the easiest to deal with of the bunch.

Last would have to be other mercs. Maybe it's just because I play one and know what they can do, but they're easy for me. Tracers usually don't even get half my health(mainly because I don't let them get even a 3 stack) before they're dead. Other Pyros, it's usually comes down to who crits more on their big skills.

As a seer specced sage nothing is tougher to deal with then a Juggernaut/Guardian. Sure they might not do much damage but I literally have no hope of killing them. They just have so many interupts for my heals between Choke, Push, Leap, and kick.

For me though the list is probably

Operative

Juggernaut

Assassin

Powertech

Sorcerer

Marauder

Mercenary

Sniper

I love seeing my class picked as one of the worst in the game, and yet I consistently rank in the top 3, if not first. Makes me happy to know I'm underestimated.

Me too. I absolutely love the class and no one is asking for a nerf. Nothing more to wish for.

From best to worst:

Sorcerer / Sage

Powertech / Vanguard

Mercenary / Commando

Operative / Scoundrel

Assassin / Shadow

Marauder / Sentinel

Juggernaut / Guardian

Sniper / Gunslinger

pretty much spot on, but this is PRE 1.1.1, after 1.1.1 will be:

Sorcerer / Sage

Powertech / Vanguard

Mercenary / Commando

Assassin / Shadow

Marauder / Sentinel

Juggernaut / Guardian

Sniper / Gunslinger

Operative / Scoundrel

Thats right people, kill the tanks last even though we are guarding the healer everyone is trying to beat on and barely putting a dent into. Love that strategy, keep using it.

Knocking you away from them an CCing is way more effective. Your Guard is short range. Its easy to seperate healers from guard.

As Powertech I have NEVER had an issue with guard/jugg. Not a single 1. When they attack me I ignore them and go after the actual threats on the battlefield. Once all the casters and dps is down I turn and look at the tank who has been beating on me for 5 minutes dealing no damage, and blow him up in 5-6 abilities. Sometimes if they force choke me I get pissed and kill them right away. I realize its a bad matchup for juggs against PT because of armor pen imbalances, but still, they seem so insignificant to me its hard to imagine they can be effective. I'm v64 so I've fought my share of juggs.

This man speaks the truth. I am a valour 61 Guardian. I've fought great Powertech/Vanguard players as both Defense and Focus, and I've never been able to do any noticeable damage to them due to their durability.

Now I just run from them, that is if they don't perma-snare me with their ranged slow or pull. If they do that, then I'm pretty much dead. Their front loaded attacks just blows through all of my defenses like it's not there. It's a very one sided fight, unfortunately enough. Makes me real jealous of their tool sets and potential.

Don't underestimate a Powertech/Vanguard, the good ones will tear you apart and leave you as a whimpering mess on the ground.

Edited by Obie_Wan

Knocking you away from them an CCing is way more effective. Your Guard is short range. Its easy to seperate healers from guard.

Thats nice and all, for the 2 seconds you get to beat on them without guard. I will just pop my breaker, Guardian Leap to them (applying Protector), pop Challenging Call, and its a wrap.

Operative / Soundrel

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Powertech / Vanguard

Juggernaut / Guardian

Sniper / Gunslinger

Assassin / Shadow

Marauder / Sentinel

It's hard to rate, as I've seen some good Marauders for example and assassins, but overall I feel its like this.

Operative / Soundrel

Sorcerer / Sage

Mercenary / Commando

Powertech / Vanguard

Juggernaut / Guardian

Sniper / Gunslinger

Assassin / Shadow

Marauder / Sentinel

It's hard to rate, as I've seen some good Marauders for example and assassins, but overall I feel its like this.

No way scoundrels are first they die in 2 seconds flat, and cant top the dps charts

Thats nice and all, for the 2 seconds you get to beat on them without guard. I will just pop my breaker, Guardian Leap to them (applying Protector), pop Challenging Call, and its a wrap.

Sorry bro just doesn't work like that. First your healer can be killed in two seconds. Anyone who thinks they cant die in 2 seconds without heals please feel free to go for the ball at the start of the game of huttball vs a good premade.

2nd Thinking you as a tank are more effective guarding a healer then a DPS with interrupts with a healer. Your delusional. Situational at best your praying for 2 bad pure dps vs a healer tank combo.

A experienced pvp team has 0 issues defeating the tank healer combo.

Its so funny to watch them thinking they can survive anything then my pre-made has our assassin move about 30 yards away I do a 15yard knock back on the tank into a death grip and then CC him. Healer is dead within 4seconds. No way to get guard back on before he dies.

Edited by Furyofwar