Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Derity

people have a tendency to underestimate sniper/gunslinger, not suprising :D

Vanguard/powertech/guardian/juggernaut are due to recent changes, the best medal farmers

They can dish out a fair amount of dmg/ have enormous defensive capabilities/ and guard...

Sniper/gunslinger is the easiest class to kill in wz lol ^^

and for the tanks in pvp it will never get viable anyways

I could give a lot of idea on how tanks is really a waste in wz compared to heal or dps

Edited by Araudry

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow/assassin by far is the top class once u get near battlemaster rank. Not saying I'm the best, nor am I saying I fought the best, but I've killed several tank classes solo and it just isn't that hard, every other class is cake except when I face me :). I am very focused when I pvp, hence my 4 quickslot rows having 0 empty slots and everything is keybound. That being said I don't think any class is more difficult to play then shadow/assassin, which leads me to defend my main point...shadow/assassin is my #1!

I play a sniper and people gets out of their way to kill me because it's almost like a free kill, specially for assassins/operatives. as the class is right now if you are 1 vs 1 people you are doing it wrong. I'll CC, pop my CD's and run away from 1 vs 1 fights until the enemy gives up or other team members comes to help.

To play a sniper in the current state of affairs is to be coward, to hit and run. In huttball snipers are the least useful class because they don't have those cool pulling, charging, sprinting abilities and their defensive CD's are weak so snipers don't last long being a ball carrier. the enemy team must be really bad to let a sniper score. people often throws the ball to me because I'm usually good positioned but the first thing I try to do is finding someone else to pass the ball because I'll die fast. snipers are way more useful in alderaan and voidstar. we can use orbital strike to prevent people from capturing nodes or arming/disarming the bomb.

Sorcerer/Sage

Operative/Scoundrel (until nerf hits)

Mercenary/Commando

Powertech/Vanguard

Juggernaut/Guardian

Assassin/Shadow

Marauder/Sentinel

Sniper/Gunslinger

It's not really possible to say X class is the best, because so much depends on the gear and the player behind the character. I've seen amazing Snipers and horrible Mercenaries, but I'm basing my list off of the average performance of the players behind the classes (in my experiences).

I fear a good Marauder right after Operatives and Sorcs, since when they are sticks to you and have even a half CDs ready you are dead almost as fast as from Operatives working hard on you :)

I understand they have bad time being kited by Sorcs or killed in stun by Operatives (i think we all have), but in melee without stealth they are just n1 in hurting people :(

Good to know we're feared by some ;)

So many players write off Marauders/Sentinels as sucky because there aren't a whole lot of them (compared to some other classes, on Sith side especially), and because it's really easy to play one badly. But a good Marauder can destroy almost anyone straight up, and it's not unusual for them to come out on top in fights where they're 1 vs 2.

Unfortunately, good Marauders/Sentinels seem to be a real rarity.

Edited by jcyrus

A dude who fully mastered sniper is not a pretty sight to behold :D

Then..

A dude who fully mastered Operative / Soundrel will just pick this target first because its easy and fast kills

If you read up there is a comment of a sniper saying almost the same thing :D

Edited by Araudry

From best to worst:

Sorcerer / Sage

Powertech / Vanguard

Mercenary / Commando

Operative / Scoundrel

Assassin / Shadow

Marauder / Sentinel

Juggernaut / Guardian

Sniper / Gunslinger

Much more accurate. Operative/Scoundrel should not be first on the OP's list. They have 0 group utility, no gap closer, very limited utility, and some of the worst sustained DPS in the game.

And after 1.1.1, Operative/Scoundrel will be last.

Edited by MatchpointServe

Much more accurate. Operative/Scoundrel should not be first on the OP's list. They have 0 group utility, no gap closer, very limited utility, and some of the worst sustained DPS in the game.

Yeah sure OP and juggs should be buffed, those mean powertech are so overpowered

Just lmao

Two thoughts after reading most of the posts in this thread:

1) This discussion shows that really the classes are amazingly well balanced. You can make cases for every single class to be the best/worst one. Well done, Bioware!

2) Compare A: Operative/Scoundrels to B: Gunslingers/Snipers.

A has a very annoying way of killing you, hence they are generally seen as overpowered. B is doing way more damage but you don't really realize it, so they don't really bother anyone and even are generally viewed as being weak. This just shows you that it is all perception.

Overall I think sages/sorcerers have a slight edge in most warzones and ilum, while sentinels/marauders could use a slight buff. But again, I am very happy with the balance and think that there shouldn't be any huge changes in the balance system of the game.

I see a wide variation in where people put jugg/guardian in their feared list.

If they are dps specced, I have no idea, but tank specced, they are one of the better classes for warzones. One on one they are hard to kill for any class if they have all their cooldowns, and if they are geared and biochems... You better have backup.

I may be letting the cat out of the bag, but the combination of guard, intercede, taunt, aoe taunt, and aoe slow is a ton of utility in huttball. Most of the time I don't even try to kill people, I just keep the ball carrier alive and force push people into the pit. I'm never gonna go try to burn down a full heath guy. I will only attack if they are below 30 percent. On top of that if you have the +355 def relic, and pop your cooldowns correctly, 2-3 people won't be able to stop you no matter who they are, you can even walk through the fire.

Most feared? Sorcerers/Sages. Great damage, most CC/Knockbacks/Stuns out of all classes, Shields, Heals, Spring, everything.

Least feared? Sentinals/Marauders. I never seen any and when I do they tend to die a lot and not accomplish anything.

Marauders wreck anything 1v1 except juggs.

2) Compare A: Operative/Scoundrels to B: Gunslingers/Snipers.

A has a very annoying way of killing you, hence they are generally seen as overpowered. B is doing way more damage

The point is that Snipers dont do more damage. Their damage is weapon type and heavy armored barely notice it, not to say Snipers NEVER get crits like 6k even 5k must be on an undergeared fresh 50 Sorc/Sage while using power-up or relic

In my opinion these are best in diff category

1vs1 = Marauder

Ranged dps = Merc/sorc

Best burst = operative/assasin

Healer = Sorc

Overall = marauder

Yah, imo marauder is best pvp class at this time, especially dot tree. With 6 sec interrupt, selfhealing, dots, shields + undying rage and 4 sec stealth with no dmg taken. Skilled marauder players srsly can do alot of dmg to every class and dominates everyone in 1vs1 easily. "the undying class"

I play a sniper and people gets out of their way to kill me because it's almost like a free kill, specially for assassins/operatives. as the class is right now if you are 1 vs 1 people you are doing it wrong. I'll CC, pop my CD's and run away from 1 vs 1 fights until the enemy gives up or other team members comes to help.

To play a sniper in the current state of affairs is to be coward, to hit and run. In huttball snipers are the least useful class because they don't have those cool pulling, charging, sprinting abilities and their defensive CD's are weak so snipers don't last long being a ball carrier. the enemy team must be really bad to let a sniper score. people often throws the ball to me because I'm usually good positioned but the first thing I try to do is finding someone else to pass the ball because I'll die fast. snipers are way more useful in alderaan and voidstar. we can use orbital strike to prevent people from capturing nodes or arming/disarming the bomb.

"oh god oh god I have the ball why did this happen someone please come get it"

Funslinger seems much more team reliant than the other classes. If you don't get people infront of you/protecting you you can't pound out the deeps... Although I kinda wonder if our damage is really even better than the other classes.

I don't know why people are so down on sniper/gs.

My first toon was a sniper and I felt like godmode in pvp.

I switched over to rep and after playing other classes I rolled up a gs just for grins and even at level 12-15 I feel incredibly strong.

Tons of damage, die infrequently, solid cc, decent amount of medals, and I just love how people ignore me.

My most feared specs to see in the hands of a good player is

1) Assault Vanguard/Powertech

2) DPS caster Sage/Sorceror

3) Watchman Sentinel/Marauder

4) Healer Sage/Sorceror

5) Healer Commando/Mercenary

6) Healer Scoundrel/Operative

7) Scrapper Scoundrel/Operative

8) Assault Commando/Mercenary

Least intimidating? Probably any form of Shadow/Assassin.

The point is that Snipers dont do more damage. Their damage is weapon type and heavy armored barely notice it, not to say Snipers NEVER get crits like 6k even 5k must be on an undergeared fresh 50 Sorc/Sage while using power-up or relic

They still do more damage overall, as they can dish out damage 90% of the time, while scoundrels have to spend a fair amount of time in stealth waiting for opportunities.

I don't know why people are so down on sniper/gs.

My first toon was a sniper and I felt like godmode in pvp.

I switched over to rep and after playing other classes I rolled up a gs just for grins and even at level 12-15 I feel incredibly strong.

Tons of damage, die infrequently, solid cc, decent amount of medals, and I just love how people ignore me.

I tend to rate them low because their damage depends greatly on the environment around them. If LOS is readily available, you can negate a lot of their offense. This is harder against classes like powertech or sorc. Another thing is that their biggest burst spec (marksman to my knowledge) is affected by tank stats which is something else that puts them below. Obviously this can be helped with smart target selection but, especially in huttball, sometimes you need to kill that tank or even just getting a random deflect from a sage/marauder. They also don't really kite very well if you negate the knockback->leg shot.

This isn't to say they aren't strong when played well. The classes are so well balanced in this game for everything but huttball that it really is more the player than anything. A well played sniper can certainly wreck people. They are also probably the best anti-cap class in the game thanks to frag grenade, corrosive grenade, and orbital strike.

Edited by Agroovesak