What is the best spec for PVP?

acelesson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh weird ones say Rage? You keep up a permanent team wide speed boost, have multiple charges, great CC (compared to the other two specs) and ridiculous burst. (With proper play we're talking 4k+ crits every 9 seconds... AoE).

great cc compared to the other specs? lmao you MUST have read the wrong tree they have nothing on the 2 carnage roots and the anni slows/quick leap. rage is not bad but its all aoe based which can get boring waiting on smash. not a bad spec but for utility id go carnage and for survival with steady dps id go anni

If you think Rage/Focus only works on undergeared players you are entirely clueless. Good luck vs. geared competent players when Rateds come around, you'll need it with healers dispelling your dots - effectively crippling your dots, action point generation and centering generation.

You can do 4k+ AoE crits as Anni every 9 seconds? Please explain. Don't come back with Focus/Rage has bad sustain, 50% crit chance Slashes with 20% armor pen and Stasis/FE/Bladestorm filler hurts, badly.

this made me lol even harder... like i said rage is good.. nto for utility compared to the other 2 tho. as for healers and dispels? ok even if they do they can dispel every 4.5 seconds we can apply a bleed to 5 targets every 1 second... can you do math? lol

The fact that you think rage has any part of this conversation whatsoever already tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. Even more hilarious is you blindly state I'm a fail Rage user, but then you complain about not being able to spot DOTS on targets. Talk about bad healer is bad.

In fact, I have never been rage spec. I started as Anni until I started running WZ with a premade group of friends and *cough* competent healers *cough*. What you can't seem to comprehend is that Mauraders don't run around always having full stacks of bleeds on every target they encounter. When you run premades like I do, groups are smart enough to CC Marauds in the first place, and on top of that, know to dispel when a guy with 2 light sabers is on any target. That quickly leads to preventing almost ALL damage that Annih Marauds do because they don't have Rage or Fury from their bleeds. I'm not sure if you are new to PvP, especially in MMOs, but preventing damage is almost always better than allowing it--especially with an instant cast. Having a ball carrier 4k HP in the hole waiting on your 1.5s heal is much worse than having him taking no damage in the first place.

A full rupture has a chance of giving you 1 rage with a probability of 65.7% (that is over a full 6 seconds). So yeah we generate massive amounts of rage via dots and are crippled without that rage.

Deadly is 2k over 6 and rupture if I remember correctly 1200 over 6 so that ain't insane damage either.

after playing all three specs I gotta say rage is the way to go if you like bursting down enemies fast and ending with giant numbers.

I get 200k ~ 250 k average with rage and sometimes hitting over 300k.

some people say rage is a noob spec using aoe to pad the numbers but for me, rage kills single targets the fastest with a charge, crush, battering assault, smash, choke, obliterate, smash rotation. if they're still alive after that a scream and vicious throw will finish the job.

Obliterate is a pretty poor gap closer .. I honestly almost never bother using it as one because 10m and no root. it's pretty pointless.

with that said, rage also offers the least amount of utility.

after playing all three specs I gotta say rage is the way to go if you like bursting down enemies fast and ending with giant numbers.

I get 200k ~ 250 k average with rage and sometimes hitting over 300k.

some people say rage is a noob spec using aoe to pad the numbers but for me, rage kills single targets the fastest with a charge, crush, battering assault, smash, choke, obliterate, smash rotation. if they're still alive after that a scream and vicious throw will finish the job.

Obliterate is a pretty poor gap closer .. I honestly almost never bother using it as one because 10m and no root. it's pretty pointless.

with that said, rage also offers the least amount of utility.

ty for being honest and yes rage smashin can be fun i just find myself waiting alot with it... like i said its not bad but i can put up those same numbers andmore a lot of the times in anni spec

As notice, you probably won't do shizzle to healers as annihilation without gear (not sure with gear) with rage, at least I can enjoy game-play, I do like annihilation for PvE though. The huge issue I have with annihilation is up-time. You'll not always be at 5 stacks of juyo..this requires you to be combat CONSTANTLY and seeing how marauders are picked off as primary target god knows why...coming back to survival. You get the drift?

As notice, you probably won't do shizzle to healers as annihilation without gear (not sure with gear) with rage, at least I can enjoy game-play, I do like annihilation for PvE though. The huge issue I have with annihilation is up-time. You'll not always be at 5 stacks of juyo..this requires you to be combat CONSTANTLY and seeing how marauders are picked off as primary target god knows why...coming back to survival. You get the drift?

actually i merc healers they cant out heal my dps tbh... not that im a pro or anything but when i add 5 dots in one strike i stay up like a champ

Prefer Rage. Damage reduction, more gap closers, 100% predation uptime. Whoever said Rage was dependant on CD's needs to get their head checked. I can easily manage 3 smash rotations before needing to dump rage into VS, which I have a +15% crit chance towards. The longest CD I have is force choke, which I can simply sub in force crush...

Oh, you can lay steady pressure on a healer with annihilate? That's nice. I can chunk that same healer, interupt 3-4 of his casts in the process (if he even lives that long), and damn near kill every melee around me that tries to peel me off of him at the same time.

Oh, your bleeds keep people from planting a bomb or capping a node after you die? Last time I checked, all marauders had rupture, I can do the same last ditch effort move.

Annihilate may offer slightly better healing, but I have no problems staying alive between my 10% heal off unleash, medpacs and pvp heal consumables.

Edited by AGoldCrayon

Would this be a good build to go for pvp or did i miss something?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIrRrorchzZhMZRM.1

I'm not the biggest fan of Annihilate, but if you're going that way, why skip empowerment? I only briefly glanced at it, but the 1 point in malice also seemed wasted, as I don't think the standard rotation uses smash or force scream?

edit: went back and looked again, you also skipped over subjugation... having a 4 sec lockout on a 6 sec CD is too good to pass up, and CoA is garbage. Put the points in QR and use sweeping slash as a rage dump out of combat for fury generation.

Edited by AGoldCrayon

this made me lol even harder... like i said rage is good.. nto for utility compared to the other 2 tho. as for healers and dispels? ok even if they do they can dispel every 4.5 seconds we can apply a bleed to 5 targets every 1 second... can you do math? lol

Funny how nobody else mentioned this..

I'm not the biggest fan of Annihilate, but if you're going that way, why skip empowerment? I only briefly glanced at it, but the 1 point in malice also seemed wasted, as I don't think the standard rotation uses smash or force scream?

edit: went back and looked again, you also skipped over subjugation... having a 4 sec lockout on a 6 sec CD is too good to pass up, and CoA is garbage. Put the points in QR and use sweeping slash as a rage dump out of combat for fury generation.

IMO, one of the best anni spec should be like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIrRrRzshzZhMMMZ0z.1

I also haven't picked empowerment coz 1. i have no rage shortage, 2. the points can be spent on other skills.

Like what you said, some people prefer to put 2 points in quick recovery to dump rage into fury. I agree that it comes in very handy. But I personally dump my rage using deadly saber. Also, with defensive form, erupting fury, short fuse, and frenzy, i can pretty much pop berserk every 30-40 seconds.

IMO, one of the best anni spec should be like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIrRrRzshzZhMMMZ0z.1

I also haven't picked empowerment coz 1. i have no rage shortage, 2. the points can be spent on other skills.

Like what you said, some people prefer to put 2 points in quick recovery to dump rage into fury. I agree that it comes in very handy. But I personally dump my rage using deadly saber. Also, with defensive form, erupting fury, short fuse, and frenzy, i can pretty much pop berserk every 30-40 seconds.

Erupting Fury is the Worst Talent for PvP Marauders. you get more fury spending 2 points in quick recovery to use Sweeping slash between combat(so your rage doesn jsut degrade its actually doing something).

Erupting Fury is the Worst Talent for PvP Marauders. you get more fury spending 2 points in quick recovery to use Sweeping slash between combat(so your rage doesn jsut degrade its actually doing something).

Well, it's not the bad, as everyone has diff. playing style. That's why i said quick recovery can be very handy. But from my experience, in the middle of a fight, you usually have attacked 3-4 targets, and you wouldn't sweep just to get fury. Especially in Void Star against premade, the fight basically never stop and your rage wont even degrade (except crossing bridge). You can actually be benefit from erupting furry for long lasting fight. I can pretty much pop berserk every 30-40 seconds (with frenzy). I would say both skills have their pros and cons.

Personally I dont see I have much down time in btw fights, and if i do I would first use my rage to charge deadly saber. If you can't find the next target within 5 seconds, you probably are fighting against pug or you are capping 3 nodes.

And due to the above reasons, I value erupting fury more than quick recovery. Depending on your playing style and opponents, both can be very useful.

Edited by rainzquall

Funny how nobody else mentioned this..

Possibly nobody mentioned it because it's not true?

Deadly Saber has 3 charges, meaning max 3 targets. It also has 1.5 sec CD between applications. Meaning you can't possibly apply more than 1 every swing. Try it.

Possibly nobody mentioned it because it's not true?

Deadly Saber has 3 charges, meaning max 3 targets. It also has 1.5 sec CD between applications. Meaning you can't possibly apply more than 1 every swing. Try it.

what a moron go back and read it again.. it has 3 charges yes... it uses one charge per sweeping slash which mean 5 targets geta bleed. i know this because iv tried it and constantly do it in big groups... but hey if your narrow mind doesnt want to accept this then be my guest dont do it and then go on forums complaing we suck or w/e it is you do

Edited by Warlordomega

Curious what routes you have gone as Marauders to be as sucessfull as possible in PVP scenarios.

The one that works best for you...

That's all that matters, just because someone else recommends a spec doesn't mean it will instantly turn you into a PvP god..

I hear people arguing over Rage vs Annihilation, and everyone against Carnage but I use Rage, it works for me, I tried Annihilation, and Carnage and wasn't nearly as productive or comfortable with them.

The only advice I can give you, is to try out a few different Spec's awhile each then pick the one you are most comfortable with. As long as you aren't changing spec constantly the re-spec cost isn't awful, so experiment a bit find out what works for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.