The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If SWTOR is just WoW in Space.....

Majestic_Jazz

If this is just WoW in space, then why did I decide to jump into MMOs with SWTOR instead of WoW?

Before you say "Because it is Star Wars", well then why didn't I start MMOs with Galaxies then?

Well maybee because all MMO's have the mechanics some are just made better than other with innovations and creativity IMO Wow has nothing on this MMO except a customer base that likes to complain.

Personally Star Wars didn't affect my decision too much. As long as the idea is good, I'm there.

I'm here because it's a new MMO, it has received good reviews, the communities nice, and honestly I've never played an MMO before so I wanted to start off with everyone on level 1.:rolleyes:

Edited by Dr_Freeman

My point is, is that nobody can really answer this question!

All I hear is how SWTOR has no innovation and doesn't add anything new to the genre and so on and so fourth....and how it is just WoW in a Star Wars skin.

Well then how come SWTOR drew so much attention?

Well how come people such as myself who NEVER would have thought to play an MMO, decided to get into MMOs with SWTOR? Yeah, you might say because it is SW and SW is popular and draws people. But Galaxies was SW but yet that game didn't bring me into MMOs.

I LOVE SWTOR, but if it is simply just WoW in SW skin, then how come I am not flocking to WoW to play that as well? I mean, WoW looks BORING to me and I do not plan on reading walls of text to get a mission.

---------------

People just cannot give SWTOR the credit it deserves......

Because World of Warcraft stopped listening to the players and started listening to their wallet.

Because World of Warcraft stopped being interesting after Burning Crusade.

Because when your players know more about your lore in World of Warcraft then the people who make it up do, then you know something is wrong.

Because Star Wars is a name we all grew up with in one way, shape, form or fashion.

Because some of us wanted something new.

Because we just want to be with friends who are leaving for this game.

Because some of us actually got sick of the crap Blizzard was feeding us in World of Warcraft and want to see if Bioware will make the changes Blizzard should have long ago.

Because I wanted to be a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter : Mercenary and beat the ever loving shebs off of some di'kutla jetii.

My point is, is that nobody can really answer this question!

All I hear is how SWTOR has no innovation and doesn't add anything new to the genre and so on and so fourth....and how it is just WoW in a Star Wars skin.

Well how come people such as myself who NEVER would have thought to play an MMO, decided to get into MMOs with SWTOR? Yeah, you might say because it is SW and SW is popular and draws people. But Galaxies was SW but yet that game didn't bring me into MMOs.

I LOVE SWTOR, but if it is simply just WoW in SW skin, then how come I am not flocking to WoW to play that as well? I mean, WoW looks BORING to me and I do not plan on reading walls of text to get a mission.

---------------

People just cannot give SWTOR the credit it deserves......

From my limited experience in beta, the story telling in TOR is the new innovation. The way the class missions work and the different story for each character adds immense value to the game.

If you don't care about the story, then it is just another MMO where you kill things until max level, then form a raid and kill more things. You might PvP too.

SWTOR drew so much attention for one reason, and one reason only:

Star Wars

The franchise has millions upon millions of followers, and is almost guaranteed to have high levels of support, at least initially. For this reason alone, they can charge $150 for CE's and get it, because the fans will eat it up.

Add one of the top game developers in the mix, and Lucas' name on the project, and you've got an instant goldmine . People will come in droves, as they should.

Is the game WoW in space? Naaah, it's much, much more in depth than WoW, and if they do the game RIGHT, they can have nearly infinite story lines (something WoW couldn't dream of). TOR gets you involved with your character, makes you feel like a part of it. WoW? It's just a game that you have a toon on

SWTOR drew so much attention for one reason, and one reason only:

Star Wars

The franchise has millions upon millions of followers, and is almost guaranteed to have high levels of support, at least initially. For this reason alone, they can charge $150 for CE's and get it, because the fans will eat it up.

Add one of the top game developers in the mix, and Lucas' name on the project, and you've got an instant goldmine . People will come in droves, as they should.

Is the game WoW in space? Naaah, it's much, much more in depth than WoW, and if they do the game RIGHT, they can have nearly infinite story lines (something WoW couldn't dream of). TOR gets you involved with your character, makes you feel like a part of it. WoW? It's just a game that you have a toon on

And Bioware and Bioware's fanbase