Any Dev Comments about the Scoundrel/Operative nerfs?

Coldin

They did comment i the 1.1.1 notes:

Smuggler - Scoundrel

Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent - Operative

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

They did comment i the 1.1.1 notes:

Smuggler - Scoundrel

Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent - Operative

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

As it should be, hopefully thinks feel more balanced. The only objections are from that class.

Lets post the full changes, not just one part...

Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Actually Consular/Sorc deserved the first round of nerfs.

Hmm I can't recall ever being hit by a consular or sorc even after burning all cooldowns and boosts for more than 5k dmg (heck even over 3k dmg against a player is fairly rare). Shield is a pain yes but can't be recast on same target due to a 25 sec debuff. Depends on timing...are you attacking one as the debuff is running out but the shield is still effective or right after a shield has been cast? Learn to recognize buffs/debuffs to know that answer. Consular/Sorc healers can be a pain but interrupts are killers. Main interrupt skill, knockback, stun, chokes, etc all interrupt heals and make them rather squishy. DPS Consular/Sorcs have a couple base heals that are either easily dealt with...their faster heal is small, longer heal is easily interrupted and they don't have the other heals healer specs have that bypass the restrictions of the base ones.

Interrupts, stuns, chokes, knockbacks all make fighting Consular/Sorcs doable for pretty much every class. They don't do 4-6k crits pretty much on demand like scoundrel/ops could. Sure they can hurt but you have counters. Spike dmg from scound/ops was way to high...pop out of stealth, stun, couple quick strikes and target dead. On the receiving end spot them before they hit...try to counter and fail. Pop cool down to break the stun and still be under 30% health faster than an instant ability could go off. Other day even with a pocket healer I was dropping faster than I could use an instant ability or my healer who was channel healing me even before the scoundrel popped could keep me alive.

But its the nature of nerfs....QQ I got nerfed so nerf everyone else while I complain about being nerfed and in need of a buff again. Buff me...nerf everyone else and be happy.

Edited by Datku

As it should be, hopefully thinks feel more balanced. The only objections are from that class.

Objections do tend to come from the classes affected.

Any class traited DPS can get 6k hits in the right circumstances. I'm a scoundrel is mostly champion gear. Against equally geared people, I hit for about 4k on a crit. If I burn a relic and surge adrenal, that can get up to 5k. I only hit 6k if my opponent is clearly not wearing much expertise gear.

thats all the class has. they have no utility survivability or sustained damage compared to other classes. and other classes can still crit for 5k using normal abilities

That's BS. Do you SERIOUSLY think that you have less survivability than any other DPS class? We ALL go down easily...only OPs/Scoundrel seem to think they should get guaranteed 1v1 kills.

My server missed this little secret tbh. 99% of Scoundrels and Operatives are heal spec. O.o

Yes I've tried Scrapper, I took note that to be effective as my class, I had to be a dirty biznitch and attack with others. While they fought, I'd surprise a Sith or two. :D

Edited by Alundo

Just because the class is rare, doesn't mean that people should be discouraged from PvPing because even in full champs gear that an Op or Scoundrel can 3 shot them, vanish and doing it again constantly.

Also, there isn't a sorc or councilor out there that can kill someone in 3 seconds. Period. You'd be hard pressed to find a sorc that can kill people in less than 8-10 consistently.

That's BS. Do you SERIOUSLY think that you have less survivability than any other DPS class? We ALL go down easily...only OPs/Scoundrel seem to think they should get guaranteed 1v1 kills.

A 3 second evasion and a absorption shield that takes less damage than a sorc shield to break. What's yours?

And if we're talking about 1v1, our stun and flashbang is useless after a hidden strike meaning, you get free reign on us. Too bad the majority just sit there and take it.

Hmm I can't recall ever being hit by a consular or sorc even after burning all cooldowns and boosts for more than 5k dmg (heck even over 3k dmg against a player is fairly rare). Shield is a pain yes but can't be recast on same target due to a 25 sec debuff. Depends on timing...are you attacking one as the debuff is running out but the shield is still effective or right after a shield has been cast? Learn to recognize buffs/debuffs to know that answer. Consular/Sorc healers can be a pain but interrupts are killers. Main interrupt skill, knockback, stun, chokes, etc all interrupt heals and make them rather squishy. DPS Consular/Sorcs have a couple base heals that are either easily dealt with...their faster heal is small, longer heal is easily interrupted and they don't have the other heals healer specs have that bypass the restrictions of the base ones.

Interrupts, stuns, chokes, knockbacks all make fighting Consular/Sorcs doable for pretty much every class. They don't do 4-6k crits pretty much on demand like scoundrel/ops could. Sure they can hurt but you have counters. Spike dmg from scound/ops was way to high...pop out of stealth, stun, couple quick strikes and target dead. On the receiving end spot them before they hit...try to counter and fail. Pop cool down to break the stun and still be under 30% health faster than an instant ability could go off. Other day even with a pocket healer I was dropping faster than I could use an instant ability or my healer who was channel healing me even before the scoundrel popped could keep me alive.

But its the nature of nerfs....QQ I got nerfed so nerf everyone else while I complain about being nerfed and in need of a buff again. Buff me...nerf everyone else and be happy.

So you play consular/sorc then? I'd like to see some parses on PvP stats but sorc/consular have insane utility and top damage charts with a good amount of healing to boot with high kill counts in every single war zone I participate in.

Scoundrels only get 3 stuns (4 if you count the out of combat in stealth stun). We get one interrupt, no knockbacks, and no pulls.

I have personally seen a Sorcerer go from having 25% health, back up to full health, all while with me beating on him. (I've seen that happen with two people attacking one sorcerer too)

Nerfs are fine, if they really didn't like all the up front burst out of stealth. But the reduction in damage, without anything to compensate is going to drastically reduce effectiveness.

Just because the class is rare, doesn't mean that people should be discouraged from PvPing because even in full champs gear that an Op or Scoundrel can 3 shot them, vanish and doing it again constantly.

Also, there isn't a sorc or councilor out there that can kill someone in 3 seconds. Period. You'd be hard pressed to find a sorc that can kill people in less than 8-10 consistently.

I always laugh when I see this posted, only chance of this ever happening is a well geared scoundrel opening on an unguarded light armor class with a lucky string of crits. Let me tell you how the fights usually go against an equally geared opponent.

Open out of stealth, most likely to crit for 4.5k, punch 1.25k back blast 1.5k, plus another 2k for the two flechette rounds. That's 9.25k all in and actually less because the first flechette will not have fully ticked in that time frame. (This is if they don't break cc)

Any person in reasonable gear will have 6k health remaining and a full resolve bar, in which case they can chain cc you and dps you down fairly quickly. At his point probably only class that has no chance of taking you out would be gunslinger. If you do win out you're left with no health.

That's your standard equally matched 1v1 encounter, and, by the way, this class archetype is structured such that they should win in a 1v1 matchup. Unfortunately, all PvP is group play in this game. Scound/Op is very effective in an organized group calling out healing targets to quickly eliminate large threats but beyond that essentially has more utility.

Saying that soundrel/ops three shot all classes in equal gear just does not reflect reality and is a blatant lie, it never happens. Unfortunately, BW won't run the numbers on this and class will drop to the bottom of the bucket.

My expectation is they will reduce resolve bar max from the initial stun since they reduced the duration to 1.5 seconds which will allow us to use stun 2 giving us a longer 5.5sec stun period but reduced damage. I suspect if that does happen the whining will reach a fever pitch again, however.

Edited by Supercaptain