Remove Commendation Limit so new 50's can compete

JBGames

I found the commendation system restrictive until exactly last weekend. I had leveled my second Trooper to Lv35 solely in PvE, then to Lv50 in only PvP. You can easily have 10 champion bags ready to go within a day or so of dinging 50 if:

- you buy one champion bag early

- you can buy 5 champion bags at Level 50 if your mercenary and warzone commendations are both maxed out at 1k when you hit 50.

- finishing both your daily and weekly (if you have the time) gives you 4 champ bags.

Assuming you have my luck, none of them will actually drop anything other than commendations, so you'll have enough Centurion commendations to buy at least 3 pieces and 1 champion piece. That's enough for the set 4 bonus (assuming you take a set), and that should be somewhere around 200 expertise. For just dinging 50, that is an awesome start. (It's also a great starting point for PvE content; Expertise has no significance, but the stats are usually sufficient until you get PvE gear).

The only trouble is finishing that daily and weekly - that depends on the quality of your faction on your server, honestly. You could also try your luck doing the Ilum Daily and Weekly for 1 and 3 champion bags, respectively; but that is also dependent on your faction and time of day (on my server, I can leave Ilum with Imps in control and return with Rep in control with no Imps in sight). Regardless, that should be enough for at least one more Centurion piece and possibly even a Champion piece.

With that said, I do also want to point out that they are working on this system in 1.2; so maybe fresh 50's will compete more for those 9 warzones they need to be carried through (that's not to say they can't contribute, but that gear gap is a serious burden on an ungeared player).

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

something like this... you should just be able to be competitive relatively easily. And when I say competitive, I don't mean given the same lvl of gear as someone who has worked for the best - I just mean able to play without being worthless.

The point is the gap between entry lvl 50 and top pvp gear for 50 is too great.

I just rang 50 at valor level 12 (insert lulz), and play in a composite of lvl 40 PvP gear and PvE blues, purples, oranges, and, yes, some greens. My PvP experience in WZs hasn't really changed dramatically. I play objective based strat as Shadow tank; I guard, I harass to prevent caps, I hold objectives. My success depends on the rest of the team; I have capped and defended doors on Voidstar and made it to the core with a group that knew what they were doing, and I've gotten stomped in Huttball with uncoordinated teams that do not know what they are doing (and I am still figuring that game out myself), facing premades. I'm not great by any means, but I don't expect to pull top kills because that is not my spec or my goal in the game. That said, I've pulled 9 medals, and usually average between 3 and 6.

Maybe not being the best PvP player (still learning the ropes of it) has lowered my expectations, but the game overall hasn't changed in the dramatic way threads like this suggested it would have as a new 50. Its certainly not as bad as when the 50s could play with pre 50s; not bad enough to prevent me from playing and gearing up eventually (via PvP and ops). And if I cause some l33t PvPer to have a heart attack for having a "bad" on the team, well, consider it my contribution to improving the community :D

I'd like the ability for lv40-49 to buy centurion bags, that ONLY contain centurion tokens (no item drop chance - maybe 5 tokens) at a cost of 500/500. I understand the exchange rate is ridiculous, but what else are they going to do with them.

My main is a level 50 in full champ gear, valor 55 (40+valor levels earned at level 50 pvp).

I'd like the ability for lv40-49 to buy centurion bags, that ONLY contain centurion tokens (no item drop chance - maybe 5 tokens) at a cost of 500/500. I understand the exchange rate is ridiculous, but what else are they going to do with them.

My main is a level 50 in full champ gear, valor 55 (40+valor levels earned at level 50 pvp).

Maybe, just maybe PvP consumables and lockboxes? Like devs pointed out many times when asked "what should we do with spare commendations?"?

I think the best bet would be to raise the cap limit.

The advantage to this is prior to new 'season' of PvP gear comes, they can make the announcement that the cap will be lowered back down to X and if you are over it, you will LOSE those commendations/tokens/badges etc.

Also, limits wouldn't raise for a bit after the new tier of gear etc for a bit.

As my alt is sitting at level 26, valor level 26, with a full set of 40 PvP gear, and my next 2 weapons...I would welcome this change. I have no desire to grind through the crappy entry wall @ level 50 PvP as it currently stands.

Taking the time to earn points to purchase gear isn't necessarily the problem. Being forced to suffer bad content (WZ as a useless meatbag/Ilum zergs) and boring/frustrating PvP to obtain the points to purchase gear is the problem. If Bioware is insistent that we *grind* for everything at end-game that is there prerogative, but make the grind fun as it is 1-49.

Trying to do WZ's to grind out a set of decent 50 gear, even if it only took 1 day (which it doesn't) is a horrible chore at the moment. Most sane people have better things to do than waste their entertainment time/dollars on frustrating content for X # of play sessions so they can recapture the level of fun they were already allowed to have BEFORE they hit level 50.

If gearing up for level 50 PvP was *fun* to do no-one would mind even if it took 2 months. You don't see anyone complaining about the progression to 50, or "grinding" out gear in flashpoints to prepare for operations.

I would hate to see all those people who level almsot exclusivly in PvP gain so many rewards, they got the Valor Rank as a reward, faster access once 50 to the Battlemaster gear. That is enough imo.

What I would like to see change is the number of bags both Champion and Battlemaster your able to stock in your bag/vault at a time, for instance...

Im rank 55 currently, I have almost a full set of Champion PvP armour, as such I would like to start stocking Battlemaster bags before I hit rank 60. As these Champion bags are really going to waste, nothing to spend them on of any value, I mean how many PvP Adrenals do I need :p

Because that means you're forcing players to PvP at lower levels in order to not get ***** the second they turn 50 in Warzones. It shouldn't be the way the game works.

The alternative is that...whether they PvP at lower levels or not, they get ****ed the second they turn 50 in Warzones.

Weeks? You're doing it wrong, valor sixty is two weeks... max. It is a bad idea, would encourage people farming in lowbie brackets. We did it the hard way, you should too.

Besides, I like an easy 5k damage medal every now and again.

Valor 60 2 weeks? wow.. LIFE, do you have one? O_O

Seriously you can have 3-4 pieces of pvp gear at 50 day one with the system as it is. You also got to level while pvping and are closer to battlemaster for having pvp'd while leveling. That is huge endgame benefits from leveling in warzones. It is more than OK right now. This thread and its OP are ridiculous.

You're doing it wrong, valor sixty is two weeks... max.

Apparently by doing it wrong he means doing anything other than having a full ops group kill trade for 2 weeks straight.

I did not go into a WZ (other than beta) until well after I hit 50 (on my second 50, first 50 just rotting on a German server). Currently valor 43 and 100% full champ (as of tonight). What to do with the next 9001 bags I get until I hit 60? I guess I could change pets from centurion to champ :(

Edited by Nhaok

I would hate to see all those people who level almsot exclusivly in PvP gain so many rewards, they got the Valor Rank as a reward, faster access once 50 to the Battlemaster gear. That is enough imo.

What I would like to see change is the number of bags both Champion and Battlemaster your able to stock in your bag/vault at a time, for instance...

Im rank 55 currently, I have almost a full set of Champion PvP armour, as such I would like to start stocking Battlemaster bags before I hit rank 60. As these Champion bags are really going to waste, nothing to spend them on of any value, I mean how many PvP Adrenals do I need :p

This post is awesome.

"I would hate to see all those people who level almsot exclusivly in PvP gain so many rewards, they got the Valor Rank as a reward, faster access once 50 to the Battlemaster gear. That is enough imo"

Then why isn't getting valor rank 50-60 as a reward "enough" for you?

Is it because you are a unique and special snowflake?

You captured the "pro" argument of this thread in a nutshell even though you thought you were supporting the "con".

Pure win!