Each patch costs me 300 000 credits.

TomcioToJa

Pay attention to who the majority of people are responding to. The majority are responding to the OP, who stated he cancels his 300 or so auctions and loses 300k+ creds, due to a minor bug.

Now, yes, bugs need to be quashed, but this is not a serious bug, nor one that affects game play truly. Either do your own work arounds, and suffer the consequence of either bad choice (the op's choice of work around) workarounds, or long term strategic planning that can have long term game advantages if you are the style of crafter that this minor bug truly irks.

How about the person who responded to me pays attention to who the hell said what? Wouldn't that work a whole lot better? They're saying a bug shouldn't be fixed because of spreadsheets, and they can't even keep names straight? Maybe they need a spreadsheet to keep track of user names? If YOU are not responding to ME, then do not quote me. How about you pay attention to that idea?

An amazing thread, really. What is mostly boils down to is "this bug doesn't annoy me personally, so it doesn't matter". Gotta love that mentality.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the person who responded to me pays attention to who the hell said what? Wouldn't that work a whole lot better? They're saying a bug shouldn't be fixed because of spreadsheets, and they can't even keep names straight? Maybe they need a spreadsheet to keep track of user names? If YOU are not responding to ME, then do not quote me. How about you pay attention to that idea?.

How about we ***** more about a bug that affects those too lazy to do proper work arounds. Or better yet, lets ***** about the suggestion that actually can and DOES improve overall gains from GTN buying and selling of crafted items and even random stat green drops, that wouldn't be affected one way or another if the bug got WORSE, before it got better, which COULD and MAY VERY WELL happen.

And also, reading comprehension fail. Some of the posters have said the bug should be fixed, but that it isn't a game changer, or that it shouldn't be Bioware's main agenda because of the -OP'S- inability to either A.) Plan properly (since he has already said he knew the bug was already in existence, for several major patches, and I can confirm even the smaller patches caused it,) and B.) Utilizing an inferior workaround (unlisting his items at a cost of 300k+ credits.)

Please, keep up with the conversation. Or get out of the forums.

Edited by darkmindaustin

Do you really expect people to feel sorry for you dude? Who the hell has that much stuff on the GTN anyways - its your punishment for not going outside

With the amount of time you spend doing that you could actually learn how to trade stocks and make some real money - this is a game and i just dont see how that is fun at all. If it is fun for you then my bad...just seems boring as hell

LOL. And what do you know about me personally really? Trust me I'm not one of those living in his mommy basements. I'm doing very well in real life. Thankyouverymuch.

I'm a big time crafter. I have all crafting profesions on all toons. I usually have about 300 items for sale in any given moment. After each patch there is a GNT glitch that makes it so that when an item sells after a patch and you get a mail that an item was sold it doesn't state what was the name of item that got sold like it normally does. It's a huge problem for me because I got 300 items on sale and to figure out which item was sold I have to check all my recepies and compare it to my broker. It takes HOURS!

I figured out a solution to this problem but it involves cancelling all listed items after each patch and resubmitting them back to the auction house but guess what. When I cancel the auctions I lose the commision and deposit. After todays patch I lost 300 000 credits due to this.

Does anybody know some other work around this problem? How to find out what was sold after a game patch?

Or please Bioware fix/patch the auction house itself.

Issue since beta.

How about we ***** more about a bug that affects those too lazy to do proper work arounds. Or better yet, lets ***** about the suggestion that actually can and DOES improve overall gains from GTN buying and selling of crafted items and even random stat green drops, that wouldn't be affected one way or another if the bug got WORSE, before it got better, which COULD and MAY VERY WELL happen.

And also, reading comprehension fail. Some of the posters have said the bug should be fixed, but that it isn't a game changer, or that it shouldn't be Bioware's main agenda because of the -OP'S- inability to either A.) Plan properly (since he has already said he knew the bug was already in existence, for several major patches, and I can confirm even the smaller patches caused it,) and B.) Utilizing an inferior workaround (unlisting his items at a cost of 300k+ credits.)

Please, keep up with the conversation. Or get out of the forums.

How about we ask that ALL bugs get fixed if there are actually people out there that they inconvenience, instead of being self-centered *****s who only deem personally relevant bugs as needed to be addressed? Sure, I'm sure you're just fine as a selfish ******e, but some of don't mind if other people are LESS bothered. How about climbing down off your high horse and stop being a narcissistic jerkwad?

As for your suggestion that would improve gains for everyone who dislikes this bug, what the bloody hell are you talking about? Assigning different prices to same level purples with different prefixes would ONLY be necessary and productive for me because of this bug. As I said, I don't personally like it, as having to maintain some kind of paper key would mess up sorting and increase the likely-hood of human error.

Bugs should be fixed. Period. Please stop being a self-centered *** or get off the forums.

How about we ask that ALL bugs get fixed if there are actually people out there that they inconvenience, instead of being self-centered *****s who only deem personally relevant bugs as needed to be addressed? Sure, I'm sure you're just fine as a selfish ******e, but some of don't mind if other people are LESS bothered. How about climbing down off your high horse and stop being a narcissistic jerkwad?

As for your suggestion that would improve gains for everyone who dislikes this bug, what the bloody hell are you talking about? Assigning different prices to same level purples with different prefixes would ONLY be necessary and productive for me because of this bug. As I said, I don't personally like it, as having to maintain some kind of paper key would mess up sorting and increase the likely-hood of human error.

Bugs should be fixed. Period. Please stop being a self-centered *** or get off the forums.

I guess you haven't actually read up on what different stats mean to different specs, or allowing for spreadsheets to take in price flucations that you can see from your own sold items to allow for a standardized pricing guide for yourself. Or, even utilizing listed prices to min max how much you put in. That was why I suggested spreadsheets, not for the 1-3 credit differences to know which was what, as certain stats are worth more, credit wise, to sell anyways.

I completely agree bugs should be fixed. Unfortunately, this is just what you said, an inconvenience. It doesn't break the GTN, or cause you to lose your credits in the mail. If it did, I would fight alongside you to get it fixed as hard as people are fighting to get the PvP on Ilum fixed.

But there are workarounds for this bug, and the majority of them don't cost as much time or credits as the OP cost himself in his own personal work around, which is what started this thread. There are far better reasons to fix this bug, from other posters, not the OP.

Edited by darkmindaustin

Yeah. Lets just everybody perhaps try to submit a bug report about this bug please. I just did it today. When enough people do that perhaps Bioware will increase the priority of this bug fix.

I noticed they stealth fixed one small issue with auction house/crafting in last patch actually. It was that when you bought small amounts of some crafting material from auction house and when you took it from email it would create a separate stack in your inventory. So if you bought 5 stacks of 2 metal it created 5 stacks in in your inventory but in last patch or last week perhaps they made it so that all these small stacks accumulate in 1 big stack.

Spreadsheet would work if you intentionally put items at slightly different prices so that for example one item is 8123credit second item is 8124 credits and when you receive a mail that an item was sold you can figure out what item it was from the price you receive. I'm not going to do a spreadsheet though. It wouldnt be necessary if there was no bug like this. I rather lose that 300 000credits.

To the people who don't uderstand what the problem is why you need to know what was sold its important because if you don't know what was sold you cannot replace it. I got hundreds of recepies in my book. 90% of them are for items that nobody needs and buys. I need to replace exactly the same items that were sold not any items random from my book.

To people who are pointing out that I wrote I'm hardcore but go that I'm not so hardcore because I don't do spreadsheets I can only agree with them. Yes I'm not hardcore enough to do spreadsheets. I'm just a crafter that sells a lot of stuff than and don't like that auction house bug.

This is not all in response to you but a couple of people touched on some issues in this thread...just going to answer them all here...

1. don't use a spreadsheet, take a screenshot of each page of for sale items from the gtn after you post them up right before a known patch is going to hit. This way you can at least match up dollar amounts and make a best guess.

2. To those that say, you shouldn't have to use spreadsheets in an mmo, this game is not 2 months old live. This will be a minor bug for awhile because in the end, it is just an inconvenience.

3. If we want something changed on the gtn how about the emails that say "you sold something and will be paid within one hour." I am a total email junkie thanks to smartphones and iphones that instantly deliver, and going back to a terminal thinking it is something relevant is annoying as well.

In the end, this is a bug, but it is a very minor bug. Our best bet is to be realistic about it and find a work around on our end until it is addressed. We all know crafting is usually last on the totem pole in mmos....

This is not all in response to you but a couple of people touched on some issues in this thread...just going to answer them all here...

1. don't use a spreadsheet, take a screenshot of each page of for sale items from the gtn after you post them up right before a known patch is going to hit. This way you can at least match up dollar amounts and make a best guess.

2. To those that say, you shouldn't have to use spreadsheets in an mmo, this game is not 2 months old live. This will be a minor bug for awhile because in the end, it is just an inconvenience.

3. If we want something changed on the gtn how about the emails that say "you sold something and will be paid within one hour." I am a total email junkie thanks to smartphones and iphones that instantly deliver, and going back to a terminal thinking it is something relevant is annoying as well.

In the end, this is a bug, but it is a very minor bug. Our best bet is to be realistic about it and find a work around on our end until it is addressed. We all know crafting is usually last on the totem pole in mmos....

Oh! I like the screenshot idea. Perhaps that would work. But some things have to be made sure of before screenshot solution. Are items on the broker always sorted the same way? I haven't tested it yet but it seems to me quite random actually. Some items might be at the end of the list and when something sells the same item might be at the beginning. It's definitely not sorted according to the remaining time and you can only sort them one page at the time not the entire stock. I need to do some experiments I suppose.

Oh! I like the screenshot idea. Perhaps that would work. But some things have to be made sure of before screenshot solution. Are items on the broker always sorted the same way? I haven't tested it yet but it seems to me quite random actually. Some items might be at the end of the list and when something sells the same item might be at the beginning. It's definitely not sorted according to the remaining time and you can only sort them one page at the time not the entire stock. I need to do some experiments I suppose.

The best you could hope to do is estimate it with the value as that is all you get from the notification emails. For instance if you sell all types of implants that require level 29, guesstimate 5 different ones, only green, then price them as:

Assuming base price is rounded to the nearest 100

type1: base price + 1 credit

type2: base price + 2 credits

etc

For blues, you could do

type1: base price + 11 credits

type2: base price + 12 credits

etc

I am planetside atm, where there is no gtn hub go figure, but I believe you can sort your for sale listing by price...screenshot that as that is your variable. It will get nasty across multiple toons and will require multiple lists and such.

Alternatively, buy a fleetpass or two. When you login and get emails saying stuff was sold without a name, go up, review what is missing from your screenshots, item-wise, queue those to craft, go run missions, go back to fleet with instatravel, repost.

I love this thread. It's like the OP got a splinter and instead of just pulling it out, he opted to try to pound it all the way through the other side of his finger with a hammer, then *****ed that hammers hurt. When told he could just have pulled it out with a pair of tweezers, he insisted that he shouldn't have to use a tool like that.

Good times!

It is a bit annoying yeah... but not the biggest issue- and lol at each patch costing 300k, that's just dumb.

If you're at the point where you're making that much credits, you really have nothing to worry about because nothing will ever be out of reach of your credit store already.

If I do than I cannot replace my goods and might just as well stop my online vitual shop.

This logic fails.

Look at the GTN. You'll see what is still for sale. You know what you put up for sale because you claim to be tracking what sells. What isn't there, sold. That's data. Use it.

You track what sells? Then you have 6 other days of the week of data to track. This helps you to keep consistent on the one day you cannot. Use it.

And that's just two ways. There's more.

Edited by Elblai

I fail to see the issue. Who care what sold. As long as it sold.

Or are in on some insane kick that you think the AH is stealing your money.

I fail too see how this is a problem. Nobody is making you take your sales down if you do and blow 300k cause you want to know what item sold then thats on you not BW.

Maybe I missed it but I just dont get it.