Each patch costs me 300 000 credits.

TomcioToJa

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me explain why this is an annoyance for the people who don't get it.

You have a bunch of items for sale. The server resets.

Meanwhile, you're out in the backwater of some planet, knee-deep in quests and hostile wildlife. You go to the little rinky-dink base nearby, open your mail, and see that you've sold ... something. Unfortunately, you multiple purple patterns for that price-point. Did you just sell an Overkill Critical, an Overkill Bunnyhead, or an Overkill Medulla Oblongata?

Which one do you add to your crafting queue?

So how does cancelling 300K worth of auction deposits solve the problem but a spreadsheet doesn't? If you are going to cancel that many auctions you'd have to go to a GTN terminal and manually cancel every auction you have (300K worth of deposits is a lot of auctions). If you have the time to do this it seems you'd have to time to cross reference a spreadsheet with all your items for sale and see which one is no longer for sale?

To the people who don't uderstand what the problem is why you need to know what was sold its important because if you don't know what was sold you cannot replace it.

See, this is why you're losing us - you simultaneously assert that you need precise records in order to maintain your sales but that you don't want to actually keep those records yourself. Yes, I too look forward to this bug being fixed, but I don't flush 300k credits every time the servers are rebooted to cancel all my auctions and relist them.

You are choosing to throw away the money. That's on you, not BW.

. 90% of them are for items that nobody needs and buys.

So why not only make and post the 10% of items peope do need and buy. This would be about 30 items instead of 300, much easier to keep track of and you'd have the time it takes to relist 270 items to crossreference/update a spreadsheet for the 30 items you do make and sell.

So why not only make and post the 10% of items peope do need and buy. This would be about 30 items instead of 300, much easier to keep track of and you'd have the time it takes to relist 270 items to crossreference/update a spreadsheet for the 30 items you do make and sell.

Yes exactly thats what I did and the 300 or so items that I sell are selected in a process in which I found which items sell and which don't out of 3000 items that's why it makes it all more important to know the name of the item sold.

BTW I submited a bug report. Perhaps if more people submit bug reports about this annoying bug that there is no sold items name after each patch than perhaps Biowere will fix it sooner.

I'm sure I will have 400 sometime soon but today i had a setback of 300 000 credits with the patch which will make the time of 400 listing come later. a lot of credits have to be invested to list another 100 items. or even another 500 items if i put yet 400 in nar shaada auction house. 800 total lol

No. I didn't play must Eve Online because I was put off by PVP. I only like PVE and stopped playing EVE after 3 weeks or so.

I did do LOTS of crafting in Everquest 2 though. I got thousands upon thousands of items for sale there even now on Freeport server.

I'm a big time crafter. I have all crafting profesions on all toons. I usually have about 300 items for sale in any given moment. After each patch there is a GNT glitch that makes it so that when an item sells after a patch and you get a mail that an item was sold it doesn't state what was the name of item that got sold like it normally does. It's a huge problem for me because I got 300 items on sale and to figure out which item was sold I have to check all my recepies and compare it to my broker. It takes HOURS!

I figured out a solution to this problem but it involves cancelling all listed items after each patch and resubmitting them back to the auction house but guess what. When I cancel the auctions I lose the commision and deposit. After todays patch I lost 300 000 credits due to this.

Does anybody know some other work around this problem? How to find out what was sold after a game patch?

Or please Bioware fix/patch the auction house itself.

You should have just let it ride to not lose all that deposit. That is your fault. Figure out what you need to put up after the auctions all end. Problem solved. I don't feel bad for you cancelling your auctions because you cannot tell what sold...

you can put 50 items for sale on each toon on each market. there are 2 markets available. 1 in imperial or republic fleet and 1 in nar shaada neutral hutt planet. it means that each toon can place 100 items for sale and there is maximum 8 toons you can have on each server. it means that at the very maximum you can have 800 items for sale.

Good grief!!! IT IS A KNOWN BUG! FIX IT ALREADY!

Why should I have to keep spreadsheets???? I do that at work for real life work. This is supposed to be a game.

And for heavens sake. Don't delete my emails when I redeem the credits. I want them for a record of what I sold the most of. Or better yet. Build me a POS system into the game... Then I can run reports on what I have sold...

You guys that have no clue about anything, really should find another life instead of defending every bug that comes along like it's the user who reports it that has the problem.

/sigh

The bug is that there are 2 emails about the sale and only 1 of them lists the item...

The second email with the money should list the item sold, the selling price, the charge amount for the sale (tax), and the original deposit amount...

This should, of course, work regardless of server resets...

So how does cancelling 300K worth of auction deposits solve the problem but a spreadsheet doesn't? If you are going to cancel that many auctions you'd have to go to a GTN terminal and manually cancel every auction you have (300K worth of deposits is a lot of auctions). If you have the time to do this it seems you'd have to time to cross reference a spreadsheet with all your items for sale and see which one is no longer for sale?

What are you talking about? I haven't canceled any auctions.

What are you talking about? I haven't canceled any auctions.

Pay attention to who the majority of people are responding to. The majority are responding to the OP, who stated he cancels his 300 or so auctions and loses 300k+ creds, due to a minor bug.

Now, yes, bugs need to be quashed, but this is not a serious bug, nor one that affects game play truly. Either do your own work arounds, and suffer the consequence of either bad choice (the op's choice of work around) workarounds, or long term strategic planning that can have long term game advantages if you are the style of crafter that this minor bug truly irks.

Edited by darkmindaustin

Do you really expect people to feel sorry for you dude? Who the hell has that much stuff on the GTN anyways - its your punishment for not going outside

With the amount of time you spend doing that you could actually learn how to trade stocks and make some real money - this is a game and i just dont see how that is fun at all. If it is fun for you then my bad...just seems boring as hell

Edited by Torn

I actually REALLY like the suggestion to keep track of individual items by using a spreadsheet with a 3 or 4 digit "serial" number on the end of the price in order to differentiate between the sales.

ie.

Artifact Earpieces:

GTN Listing:

89,101 - Endowment Hyperaccelerated Awareness

89,201 - Veracity Galactic Combat

89,301 - Supremacy Immortality

I would then track the returned value from the GTN upon the sale of each and look for that to see which earpieces I need to grab from my bank (storage depot) to replace on the GTN.

Agree. Its a problem. I put up no where near the amount this guy does but even I have problems with i have 4-5 pages of stuff up for sale. I have to hunt and try to find out what it was.

I thought about doing the spreadsheet thing but meh. Shouldn't have to do that - it should just work properly.

agreed. I work with spreadsheets all day long at work. I don't want to open them when I am trying to relax.