Bioware, this is pretty shady.

KipMalice

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wut. The currency is commendations not medals. If you thought it was a currency of some sort I bet there are people who thought it was a social item, like the social BADGE.

And? Maybe some people thought it was a free pass to Disney World. Guess what, they were wrong too.

I...don't understand the complaint.

If you're subscribed and clear a valid charge for one month between then and March 19th, you get the gametime you're normally entitled to for that sub payment as well as a title.

...What could the problem with this possibly be? I'm stumped. Not quite flabbergasted; I don't care nearly enough for 'flabbergasted'; but puzzled to a lightly curled degree.

Again I say, what?

Should have been part of the pre-order deal.

It's blatantly obvious they are selling that title to completionist for $15.

I know companies are out to make money...but EA/BW are just brazen about it.

So you're suggesting that somewhere, there is a guy who planned to let his sub lapse since he's 100% done with the entire game, but was convinced to drop another $15 so he could brag that the account that he let lapse 30 days from now and cannot log in to or play has one more title?

The most interesting man in the world.

Why do you insist on focusing on something that doesn't matter? Do you just want to argue? Because a useless medal isn't something that matters nearly as much as you're making it out to.

http://www.swtor.com/info/founders

The info even shows you exactly what the medal looks like, look at what the use is. That's how I knew it wasn't going to be a relic or something.

You're saying they didn't tell you what it does... then say 'well it could have done this' even though there was zero indication it would- and that's reason to get angry?

That page wasn't added until recently. The link I posted was the link the Dev posted on the forums-which doesn't show that in any way. It says you will get a medal and a title.

Yeah because difference from a badge to a medal sure is just like the difference between a free pass to Disney World.

It is if it's not a free pass to Disney World, and what someone else thought it might be was something it isn't too. It's exactly the same thing: Not what you assumed it was.

It's a total scam they want you to subscribe for a title that should have actually been available to all founders (i.e. everyone who bought the game).

Ya just like wow did right before the release of one of their expansions right? Oh but instead of a title they were giving away literally hundreds of dollars worth of hardware and the like. But ya, it's only Bioware.

So yup, total scam that a company can see a distant future and those in the next couple of years sporting the "founder" title can in fact prove how long they have been around. Ya, nothing to do with that though.

Actually it's probably a bit of both. lol

"To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title."

This insinuates that you will receive a "medal" and a title. Now TECHNICALLY you do receive a medal and a title. But you never have them at the same time. The medal is what gives you the title, and then the medal is gone.

The item they show clearly shows it as a "use" item, were you like expecting them to send you a medal you could actually wear or take to show and tell or something?

……………………………………..________

………………………………,.-‘ …………….“~.,

………………………..,.- …………………………..“-.,

…………………….,/………………………………………..â€:,

…………………,?………………………………………………\,

………………./…………………………………………………..,}

……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}

……………/……………………………………………,: ……/

…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../

…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./

………../(_….â€~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/

……….{.._$;_……â€=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~â€;/….}

………..((…..*~_…….â€=-._……“;,,./`…./ ………../

…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../

…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-â€

…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\

………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__

,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,

…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\

……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\

…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__

……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“

…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\

……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

Yeah because difference from a badge to a medal sure is just like the difference between a free pass to Disney World.

Again, it doesn't matter one iota what you think it is. It IS what it is. You got a title out of it. What would you do with the badge? Take screenies of your cargo hold and email them to friends with a catchy subject line? It serves no purpose other than to take up space...

See people read announcements like that and assume they are getting more then they are without reading it.

Maybe they could have worded it better sure but this is a case of doesn't matter.

Self set expectations people, self set.

I expected two items (a medal and a title). I collect souvenir items in my storage slots. I am a little sad, but can live with it. I see we don't have many packrats here, but no need to come down so hard on the OP. So much for the community improving after the 'don't want to sub' folks left.

what they shoulda done is just stick to their guns and not gone with ANY exclusivity. The reason for the title being granted after a first charge be it CC or gametime card is to avoid those who really did not want to play the game after 30 days. Why ppl do not understand this is a mystery.

"The Founder’s medal will be delivered to all your characters through in-game mail. From the in-game mail, simply right-clicking on the medal to unlock the “Founder” title to your character."

What did you think it was going to do after that? Turn into a pony?

(P.S., Bioware, there's a typo on your announcement page right there.)

Edited by Pink_Saber

What, exactly, did you expect to be able to do with the medal? It's not like there's a medal item slot.

exactly this, its a computer game, what u want Georg to come round your house with a purple cushion and staple it to your chest?, on second thoughts can he staple it to your forehead with a big notice saying <i'll complain about anything>

"The Founder’s medal will be delivered to all your characters through in-game mail. From the in-game mail, simply right-clicking on the medal to unlock the “Founder” title to your character."

What did you think it was going to do after that? Turn into a pony?

(P.S., Bioware, there's a typo on your announcement page right there.)

Hey guess what again. All of that information was not there until recently. READ the post that the Dev linked to.

In the article about the Founders title. Your verbiage is shady at best. I am not talking about having to subscribe to a second month-The point is that they say you will get a medal and a title. The medal is a /use item that is consumed and then gives you the title.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120118-0

"To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title."

I just got my Founder's Item. You get a medal in the mail that you /use...that gives you the title. I was subscribing anyway, but just wow. A lot of what you have done since launch has been very shady for a company of your caliber.

Edited, I need to read more.

Edited by Kunra

Why does it matter if you get the Medal?

Its an inventory item that nobody can ever see. Do you want it just so you can open your inventory and look at it?

Umm - yes?

I have lots of item in there which chart my history through the game, the first lightsaber I made, my first Jedi robes etc.

But, as above, can live with this - will find other trivial items to fill my storage with.

The item they show clearly shows it as a "use" item, were you like expecting them to send you a medal you could actually wear or take to show and tell or something?

See this is how I saw it. I recognized it immediately as such and got what I expected.

Mountain out of... well nothing.

It's a total scam they want you to subscribe for a title that should have actually been available to all founders (i.e. everyone who bought the game).

but why would the title matter to anyone who isnt resubscribing because they wont be in the game to have the title it doesnt make any senAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

**shocked voice**

Nothing in any of these games has ever been one thing and turned into another.....

Who knows, on the 1 year or two year etc anniversary date the medal could turn into something cool, lame w/e but something. If not, oh well, does it really affect your game play that much? Here, I'll send ya 20k credits to expand your bank inventory... Better yet, go to IIum for 5 minutes and get the 20k yourself. lol

Not trolling, but sheesh guys. 1 space taken up in your inventory and a title and people think it's a huge scam/conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Hey guess what again. All of that information was not there until recently. READ the post that the Dev linked to.

My quote comes directly from the page the dev linked to. It clearly explains that the medal is used to grant the title.

Edited by Pink_Saber